Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,214 Times in 3,295 Posts

Default Naked Medusa made by Nakate

Whats a belly dance charm without some topless women doing it!?

See below for correct version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lamianm_834.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1129  
Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Random
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

erm... is that an actual NM? with the snakes?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
lahaarl
Forum Member

Yeah, it's the Undead Swarm NM for Besieged
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Hope Nakate doesn't mind but I fixed the file to reduce chances of it causing an error. The original file is reading the wrong DataSizes for the Textures, I've corrected the DataSizes this should also help the game load it easier.

As well as AltanaView loading it easier as well.
Attached Files
File Type: rar medusa_930.rar (1.03 MB, 347 views)
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Yeah, everytime I tried to load that Medusa, Altanaview would crash immediately. :( Thanks for the fix.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Yeah, everytime I tried to load that Medusa, Altanaview would crash immediately. :( Thanks for the fix.
Yeah, AltanaView is able to load the buggy one but it's very tricky to get it to do so. Part of it requires altering the list of .dats it uses, get it in the right combination progressing and it'll load parts of Medusa but not all of it.

This fix makes it so you aren't making needless changes just to get it to work as it should.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I've noticed that Altanaview crashes or doesn't display correctly a few mods I have. :? For example, that one new blonde hume female npc head has a big part on the top missing... see pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	altanaview5_129.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1196   Click image for larger version

Name:	altanaview4_155.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1197  
Old 08-13-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

yeah does that for mithra lion head too, I think its maybe because of the HIDE values maybe arn't set correctly so its doing something with'em.. dunno I noticed the parts that were missing on lions head piece were parts that show through hoods n stuff

randomly I never did figure how to fix mithra lions head so it dosen't look odd with caps/hoods ^^;
Old 08-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
yeah does that for mithra lion head too, I think its maybe because of the HIDE values maybe arn't set correctly so its doing something with'em.. dunno I noticed the parts that were missing on lions head piece were parts that show through hoods n stuff

randomly I never did figure how to fix mithra lions head so it dosen't look odd with caps/hoods ^^;
I see, that would make sense.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:54 AM   #10
DyneOaks
FFT Fanatic
Forum Member

This is Medusa's normal look for those that have not seen her yet. Taking this screenshot was asking for death. XD
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	medusa_669.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1215  
Old 08-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #11
Random
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyneOaks
This is Medusa's normal look for those that have not seen her yet. Taking this screenshot was asking for death. XD

/hide ><
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:

Nah, in AltanaView if the DataSize for the Textures are set wrong then AltanaView can't read the image. When that happens AltanaView will do one of two things 1) Crash 2) not display texture.

If you know how to look up the Textures DataSizes you want to make sure they read as follow:

32x32 = 1024
32x64 = 2048
64x64 = 4096
64x128 = 8192
128x128 = 16384
128x256 = 32768
256x256 = 65536

If they don't read right, and this will happen frequently with models using more then 1 texture in VRS, then you'll need to correct them with a Hex Editor. Once you do AltanaView will read it right, this also means the game will read it right and you won't have models with artifacts in the texture when it displays.

Intresting enough I found that if the artifacts are bad enough they'll interferre with the games performance, which can cause already lagged areas to become even worse. So I've been going through most of the .dats I collect and fixing the data sizes so this problem is reduced.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:

Nah, in AltanaView if the DataSize for the Textures are set wrong then AltanaView can't read the image. When that happens AltanaView will do one of two things 1) Crash 2) not display texture.

If you know how to look up the Textures DataSizes you want to make sure they read as follow:

32x32 = 1024
32x64 = 2048
64x64 = 4096
64x128 = 8192
128x128 = 16384
128x256 = 32768
256x256 = 65536

If they don't read right, and this will happen frequently with models using more then 1 texture in VRS, then you'll need to correct them with a Hex Editor. Once you do AltanaView will read it right, this also means the game will read it right and you won't have models with artifacts in the texture when it displays.

Intresting enough I found that if the artifacts are bad enough they'll interferre with the games performance, which can cause already lagged areas to become even worse. So I've been going through most of the .dats I collect and fixing the data sizes so this problem is reduced.
Got any interesting mithra ones you've fixed up? :P
Old 08-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

32x32 = 1024
32x64 = 2048
64x64 = 4096
64x128 = 8192
128x128 = 16384
128x256 = 32768
256x256 = 65536

Tell me which one or send me the .dat and I'll check it and correct if there is something wrong with it. Hex Editing DataSize fixes I've done so much now it's almost second nature I even got the Hex Code memorized that FFXI uses to indicate DataSizes.

Otherwise every one that I release I always check the DataSizes so all of mine should be pretty clean.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #15
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

32x32 = 1024
32x64 = 2048
64x64 = 4096
64x128 = 8192
128x128 = 16384
128x256 = 32768
256x256 = 65536

Tell me which one or send me the .dat and I'll check it and correct if there is something wrong with it. Hex Editing DataSize fixes I've done so much now it's almost second nature I even got the Hex Code memorized that FFXI uses to indicate DataSizes.

Otherwise every one that I release I always check the DataSizes so all of mine should be pretty clean.
oh thought you found a few had problems and fixed already could use, its kinda hard to tell which arn't working correctly or not. Only one I've had a problem with is the mithra lions head (hair goes through hats/cloak hood) which is supposidly easily fixable changing the Hide values ... but its multi part so.. dunno O_o
Old 08-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #16
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
oh thought you found a few had problems and fixed already could use, its kinda hard to tell which arn't working correctly or not. Only one I've had a problem with is the mithra lions head (hair goes through hats/cloak hood) which is supposidly easily fixable changing the Hide values ... but its multi part so.. dunno O_o
Well it should be multipart, this is because it becomes a number priority in the hide. If the hair crosses a polygon that is higher in the priority it is suppose to hide that entire section. So hoods and hats should have highest priority, this is were the real skill of the person that made the model starts showing up. It's a matter of if they segmented hair mesh right that when a hat object or such covers it the section it hides is actually underneath that polygon.

If it isn't right you could get those wierd bugs were a model may have bangs that are attached to the top hair part so when a hat is worn the bangs mysteriously vanish as well when they shouldn't. That problem with Lion's hair isn't a DataSize just Hide Values and priorities not set. Though there is a chance that Lion's hair ported .dat does have DataSize errors in it for the Textures.

I'll take a look at Lion's hair though and see, I'll also check out how the hair is segmented and see about correcting it's hide values.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Person that originnaly made it jsut combined to models in a "quick method" , looks good without a hat/hood but its kinda like O_o when working with it
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #18
Kyrial
Azure Princess
Forum Member

Twitter: KyrialArthian

I think I messed her up somehow with this dat... Look at her now. ;_;
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	medusa_701.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	2168  
Old 08-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #19
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

O_o wow that looks crazy haha I'll have to check it out in moghouse, I don't go to too many beseiged
Old 08-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #20
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrial
I think I messed her up somehow with this dat... Look at her now. ;_;
Did you try the one I sent? That looks like a DataSize error that the first one had. With the DataSize error it may look alright in ModelViewer but it'll crash in AltanaView and stripes in the game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc