Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
deakka
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Request silver hair hume

Was looking for something simillar to Lenneth's hair from Valkyrie Profile, checked around on xoops and some other .dat sites, but couldn't find anything quite like it
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Valkyrie Profile was a cool game, I'd like to see that hair too.

Update: See page 3 for the finished mod!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #3
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Default indeed

Yes, that would be awesome ;-; I miss Lenneth...

:O the closest hair to that is like the Mithra F7-A/B.... I bet someone can make a Lenneth Mithra mod somewhere... x.x I lack any skills on this stuff. One day I probably will get enough education to work with this stuff x.x; But that's far away *diesZOMGIWANNADOITNOW;-;*
Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Maybe I'll give this mod a shot, got nothing better to do. Just need to find a good pic for reference. :P
Old 08-19-2006, 06:37 AM   #5
kuroijishou
Forum Member

Default Example pic

Here is a few examples of Valkyrie's hair:

And the Platina pic is messed up, just the clothing though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	platina_475.gif
Views:	53
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1711   Click image for larger version

Name:	valk_173.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1712   Click image for larger version

Name:	platina_475.gif
Views:	43
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1822  

Name:	valk_173.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1823  
Old 08-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Like I keep saying though the PC models for hair structure only have skeletons for Shoulder length hair. I you wanted an NPC with it some of the Hume Female NPCs have skeleton that goes to mid of back that can handle it. Otherwise for motion it'll be impossible to get every motion to work right.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #7
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Well, with motion skeleton issues aside, I think Kam'lanaut's hair is sorta similar (has a braided ponytail at least) and there was a mod made for hume f of his head already. So, using that and changing it and retexturing it... and you could get Lennith's head. :P
Old 08-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I'm making decent progress on Lennith's face. So far I have taken F2-A and removed the hair, then added Kam'lanaut's hair to the head. I still need to give Kam a hair cut (it's pretty wild and spikey), set all the skeleton weights for the hair, and then retexture it. :P In other words, the easy part is done, and now I have to do the hard parts.
Edit: working on the skeleton weights... about halfway done I think. The ponytail part of the hair moves... in a weird way yet.

Still working on improving the skeleton weights... looks good when in idle stance, and kinda screwy with other motions... ( parts stretch out a lot :roll: )
Old 08-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #9
kuroijishou
Forum Member

awesome that there is already something that could be used as the base :O good luck with the weights~
Old 08-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Couple of questions for anyone that wants to answer...
Which original hume f face looks closest to Lenneth's? (not looking at hair since that is being replaced entirely, but the face itself) and...
Is there a way to easily rotate part of a model in VRS?
Edit: I started using F2-A, but I don't really like it that much (Lenneth has a cuter face), which is why I ask the first question.
Edit2: New question... Hmm... how to say this... :? The texture that came from Kam'lanaut doesn't want to work correctly. I changed it to the blue color of Lenneth's hair and saved the .dds and put it back into the .dat file, but when I look at it in Modelviewer it is still mostly the same blonde hair, and parts are blue tho. How do I fix this?? :x
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

No idea on it myself, haven't worked with dds stuff yet ;;
Old 08-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
No idea on it myself, haven't worked with dds stuff yet ;;
Bah, anyone else...? :(
Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Ok, I decided to start over and try something a little different... and it's looking really good compared to before. This version is showing promise, but I have yet to try messing with the texture to make it sure it works correctly... :P Hopefully it will this time. :roll:
Edit: No good, same issue happened. /sigh Anyone want to do the texture for this? I'm done with the VRS work, just need someone to make it look good. :wink:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	untextured_hair_152.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1970  
Attached Files
File Type: dat new_lenneth_face_hume_f_161.dat (86.2 KB, 76 views)
Old 08-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

hmm looks good, could probably use photoshop CS2 "color match" and get the color to match perfectly in the hair
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #15
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
hmm looks good, could probably use photoshop CS2 "color match" and get the color to match perfectly in the hair
Don't have photoshop, but if someone wants to do it, they are welcome to do so.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #16
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'll post the .bmp skins because VRS degrades the texture when you save it, and I still haven't figured out how to do it with meta.

Was this supposed to be silver or blue? I used color tool on the sample and this is what it gave me.

One thing about the model, is the extra hair has no animation.. it just hangs there stiff and straight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hair2_967.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1972  
Attached Files
File Type: rar hair_148.rar (33.9 KB, 58 views)
Old 08-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #17
gigan
Captain Garlock
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
No good, same issue happened.
it sounds as if you merged 2 models in vrs and only edited the texture of 1 model. would have to edit the textures of both models to get 100% hair coloring.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #18
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigan
Quote:
it sounds as if you merged 2 models in vrs and only edited the texture of 1 model. would have to edit the textures of both models to get 100% hair coloring.
No, I edited both textures, and for some reason the bottom half of the texture that came from Kam'lanaut's model is all messed up (which is for about half of the hair.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammerung
Was this supposed to be silver or blue? I used color tool on the sample and this is what it gave me.
One thing about the model, is the extra hair has no animation.. it just hangs there stiff and straight.
I think it's supposed to be more silver, but at least the colors match. Nice work!

I set all of it to skeleton-30 which is for the top of the head. The skeletons for the back of the hair (like 37, 38, and 39) are made for very short parts of the hair, and when very long hair (like this one) tries to use them, it ends up with some extreme motions (which looks really weird... for the raise motion, the end of the hair goes straight thru the body.) :P

I may mess around with this some more, it's supposed to be my project anyways. :wink:
Old 08-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #19
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigan
Quote:
No, I edited both textures, and for some reason the bottom half of the texture that came from Kam'lanaut's model is all messed up (which is for about half of the hair.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammerung
I think it's supposed to be more silver, but at least the colors match. Nice work!

I set all of it to skeleton-30 which is for the top of the head. The skeletons for the back of the hair (like 37, 38, and 39) are made for very short parts of the hair, and when very long hair (like this one) tries to use them, it ends up with some extreme motions (which looks really weird... for the raise motion, the end of the hair goes straight thru the body.) :P

I may mess around with this some more, it's supposed to be my project anyways. :wink:
Yeah, since creating all those 18+ version for Hume Female NPCs and remapping the Hume Female PC model to them I've learned a bit on the skeletons. The skeleton at the top of the head is actually for hair particles. So say there is layers of hair that's suppose to raise up slightly and fall going from the top of head and back then that top part controls that. The head skeleton often also has two skeletons that controls the hair on the side of the head. From the motion that the hair on the side make you MIGHT be able to fool long hair's proper motion by weight them to those two skeletons.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #20
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Yeah, since creating all those 18+ version for Hume Female NPCs and remapping the Hume Female PC model to them I've learned a bit on the skeletons. The skeleton at the top of the head is actually for hair particles. So say there is layers of hair that's suppose to raise up slightly and fall going from the top of head and back then that top part controls that. The head skeleton often also has two skeletons that controls the hair on the side of the head. From the motion that the hair on the side make you MIGHT be able to fool long hair's proper motion by weight them to those two skeletons.
Hmm... I'll have to look into that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats