Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default /sigh...

so... iv'e been thinking bout quitting ffxi (who has'nt?)
except i think this time it might be forever not my usual 2 month break
so... if i do actually quit because my obsession with WoW, Overlord, the new games coming out for the Wii soon and other counsel games/ RL in general what should i do with my gear? save my account incase i come back give it away? i mean no sense paying if im not playing but it does have about a year of my life on it
still would be a bummer if the character got deleted with all the good stuff on em :(
Old 08-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Same here. I think I haven't played more than 5 minutes over the past 2 months yet i'm still paying. I'm having much more fun nowadays with games that have actual gameplay, like CS:Source and CnC3.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

yeah about 3 months into the game after coming out of my last hiadeuos started veiwing FFXI as more of a chatroom plus SE was killing there game in my opinion with all the crack downs on the rmt killed my favorite low level level up spots before i quit Korroloka tunnel (because the valkrum people couldn't camp the beaches anymore) and the lake in quifim. Pl'd a friend there when the goblins were there they got about 400+ xp a kill not sure what ring if any they were using think they were a level 20-24 monk after we stopped and they solod and leveld twice as fast as what a party can do in qufim at the tower
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Ifalna
Forum Member

About .... two years ago? ... actually getting closer to three now.... I quit ffxi for good

Dont get me wrong, I've wanted to come back dozens of times... after raiding in WoW and realizing just how horrible the music is and how boring the gameplay can be (currently running kara and gruuls on a mage, and quite literally all I do is press one button, every so often I have to press a button to summon my elemental pet or use a mana gem or mana pot... thats pretty much it)

But I couldnt.... I actually STILL have the urge to come back... theres only one thing that keeps me from coming back

I sold my account =\

I regret it very much

If you're absolutely 100% sure you wont be coming back.... then just quit, no need to ditch your stuff or your account/characters to 'keep yourself from coming back'.. just have a little will power and you'll be fine. But if you are iffy and might wanna come back later, then I'd suggest keeping it alli intact... cause like I said, I regret the fact I cant come back (well I could, but lvling ANOTHER redmage and warrior to 75 and all the subjobs needed for each would probably drive me insane... though I do prefer FFXI grinding to WoW's solo quest grinding crap)
Old 08-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Here's what keeps me away from WoW, you addicts you. (I posted this on a different forum)

WoW has absolutely nothing to offer but a massive E-penis battle end game.
"LOLZ I GOTS DA BETTA ARMER DEN U, U DIE KK?"

Or.

"LOL UR GEER SUX ASS GTFO MY GILD"

The definite one-ups definitely include;

A STORY.

The only way you can get ANY story satisfaction is if you played the other Warcraft games. Even then, it isn't even continued much. While FFXI has its own, unique story which can be done at three different perspective points, and you can even do all three.
The way they call WoW an MMORPG is pathetic. It's an MMOG. The only "role" you play is on one of two sides killing the other side. Sure, quests make it sound like you're the only player character, but 95% of them have nothing to do with a story, just "Get me eight pig intestines plx for my recipe.".

Here's a big one. VARIETY.

There are SEVERAL different ways to get a job done, all requiring you do do different things to do it. Like, Paladins tank by healing and loading on defense, warriors tank by keeping the mob on them with only damage done and provoke (Similar to taunt, but it's 30 sec cooldown, and doesn't pull it to you no matter what. And, it's the only hate gaining ability), and ninjas tank by putting up "shadows" of itself using ninja tools (Shikigami, or whatever). You can also combine classes to multiply the effectiveness (A sub job).

Yes, FFXI may be group dependent, but with that comes the big one that helps online gaming; FRIENDS. By having to group with people, you meet along the way people you like. When you gather together your friends, you can get things done quicker than a pick-up group. (I believe that was the downfall of your mission gripe, Knight, as one of my chars is level 30, second account, and is rank 5, a feat not done til about level 40)
Old 08-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,414 Times in 3,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
Here's what keeps me away from WoW, you addicts you. (I posted this on a different forum)

Or.

A STORY.

The only way you can get ANY story satisfaction is if you played the other Warcraft games. Even then, it isn't even continued much. While FFXI has its own, unique story which can be done at three different perspective points, and you can even do all three.
The way they call WoW an MMORPG is pathetic. It's an MMOG. The only "role" you play is on one of two sides killing the other side. Sure, quests make it sound like you're the only player character, but 95% of them have nothing to do with a story, just "Get me eight pig intestines plx for my recipe.".

There are SEVERAL different ways to get a job done, all requiring you do do different things to do it. Like, Paladins tank by healing and loading on defense, warriors tank by keeping the mob on them with only damage done and provoke (Similar to taunt, but it's 30 sec cooldown, and doesn't pull it to you no matter what. And, it's the only hate gaining ability), and ninjas tank by putting up "shadows" of itself using ninja tools (Shikigami, or whatever). You can also combine classes to multiply the effectiveness (A sub job).

Yes, FFXI may be group dependent, but with that comes the big one that helps online gaming; FRIENDS. By having to group with people, you meet along the way people you like. When you gather together your friends, you can get things done quicker than a pick-up group. (I believe that was the downfall of your mission gripe, Knight, as one of my chars is level 30, second account, and is rank 5, a feat not done til about level 40)
1. Both FFXI and Wow have end game Epeen battles
Have you been to a merit party at Lv 75?
12K~14 EXP hour only kraken and +1 haub etc etc only max merits or gtfo ZOMG !!!11

2. Guilds and LS's both in endgame require decent amount of gear to "Do endgame"
If your a galka whm that goes outa mp in 5 cast, your probably not gonna be doing too much endgame, or a whm wearing like +str gear with hardly any mp.

3. There is a soorta "subjob" option in wow... mainly called the talen tree, although it costs money to change unlike FFXi where you jsut level to 37 and swpa it anytime you want.

A pally in Wow can be... a healer, a tank or a (not OMFG awsome) damage dealer, warrior cna be tank, damage dealer, a priest cna be a good damage dealer or a good healer etc.

The main thing is... "any" of these jobs cna level alone, it does not require others.

4.True you probably won't meet too many people unless you group up to do quests/instances or join a guild unlike FFXI where you will have to meet people to exp making friends/enemies/retard list (you know the cronic afk/pulls mass mobs type people)

5. Wow lacks mithra ;/
Old 08-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Ferris
Forum Member

Quote:
12K~14 EXP hour only kraken and +1 haub etc etc only max merits or gtfo ZOMG !!!11
I've seen 'em, but they tie into the buddy system; static with your friends/LS!

Quote:
2. Guilds and LS's both in endgame require decent amount of gear to "Do endgame"
If your a galka whm that goes outa mp in 5 cast, your probably not gonna be doing too much endgame, or a whm wearing like +str gear with hardly any mp.
Gear is much easier to get, since just about any 'decent' gear can be gotten by yourself. (Except joytoy and the like)
And that's one thing that I don't like about FFXI, is that races really do matter for some jobs, whereas WoW races are pretty much even end-game, since it's all gear dependent.

Quote:
3. There is a soorta "subjob" option in wow... mainly called the talen tree, although it costs money to change unlike FFXi where you jsut level to 37 and swpa it anytime you want.
Granted, but you can't say, have abilities of another job, or traits (talents) of them either.

Quote:
A pally in Wow can be... a healer, a tank or a (not OMFG awsome) damage dealer, warrior cna be tank, damage dealer, a priest cna be a good damage dealer or a good healer etc.

The main thing is... "any" of these jobs can level alone, it does not require others.
Yes, but for the most part, one class is extremely suited for one job in particular (Of the big three, damage,healing, and tanking), and the other that it "can" do is more suited for another class to do, so why have a class that isn't well-suited for a job do it, when you can get a class that is designed for it?

Quote:
4.True you probably won't meet too many people unless you group up to do quests/instances or join a guild unlike FFXI where you will have to meet people to exp making friends/enemies/retard list (you know the cronic afk/pulls mass mobs type people)
That was one thing that bugged me. Usually pickup groups are usually just "hay u did gud, bai now" and you never hear from them again. Only once in a great while will you actually meet someone you'll put in your friendlist/guild and ACTUALLY talk or do things with them.

Quote:
5. Wow lacks mithra ;/
WOW'S BIGGEST FLAW!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
hello
Kitty Inspector
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
5. Wow lacks mithra ;/
Case closed!

Well, now that the debate on whether or not wow can even hold a candle to ffxi is complete... We can get back on topic :D
Don't give your stuff away... why reward other people for you quitting? People stay sucky when they're helped all the way to 75... Make'm do stuff and get stuff on their own lol. Just cancel your account and leave it at that!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
Asgardian
Forum Member

Dont delete your character- just shut off your account. If you shut the account down without deleting the char, your toon will be available whenever if you decide you want to play again. Its just a video game, it is not hard to stop playing it D: Have a little will power and shut it off.

Everyone gets tired of something if they do it for a long period of time. Take a couple months off, and see if your intrested in playing again. I was tired of XI last august, so I uninstalled and didnt touch it for 7 months. After the 7th month I found I still missed some parts of the game, so I reinstalled and poped back on.

Just take a breather :o
Old 08-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #10
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Quote:
5. Wow lacks mithra ;/
What? Our cow women, moo baby, and sexy outer space goats aren't good enough for you? *sniffle*
Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
Kaniro
Forum Member

when comparing wow to ffxi both have advantages/disadvantages.

leveling was fun in wow because i did not have to seek hours on end to finally get a pt so i could lvl up (perhaps because on ffxi theres still 'english onry' JP people that refuse to invite anything besides jp players)
thats also a downside though, since you can level up and dont meet people (which is why i eventually quit). i reached lvl70 and had about 3 ppl in my flist and no good guild, so i decided to go back to ffxi.

in ffxi good gear is buyable (hauberk, maneater, foragers mantle etc for war) while the good gear (with exception of some epics) is dropped in instances where you need to get a group to get it. the class specific equipment of the outland instances seems also alright tho, i never got around to testing it much (had a WL and used 3/5 oblivion raiment)

wows pvp is a whole lot more fun than pvp in ffxi where you can only really do a few things: engage, cast utsusemi, wait, at 100tp use ws. in wow you got tons of spells/abilities that you can use. just thinking bout the fun i had in pvp makes me want to play wow sometimes xD

i would compare the talent tree more to the merit system in ffxi (even if ffxi doesnt have as much options) since you have your normal job, and improve it by distributing points much like you do it in the talent tree in wow.

and yes, the lack of mithra does matter xD

to get back on topic: when i played wow for 54-5months i did not delete my ffxi account and am very glad i did not. i would definately not delete the characters if you think you might be coming back eventually (doesnt matter if it takes 2 or 7 months ^_^)
Old 08-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #12
hello
Kitty Inspector
Forum Member

Deleting the character would be stupid anyways. Even if you plan on NEVER EVER coming back, what's honestly the point of deleting? Just stop paying for it... it's that simple lol. Deleting the character takes 30 seconds of this life time you seem so eager to spend somewhere else :P so don't worry about it, cancel it and be done with it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
garath
Miqo'te Enthusiast
Forum Member

Tumblr: garath79

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris

Or.

A STORY.

The main thing is... "any" of these jobs cna level alone, it does not require others.

5. Wow lacks mithra ;/
Thats the kicker right there WoW doesn't have mithra lol but some friends of mine want me to start playing it iunno maybe i could mod some of the .dats and make a mithra there lmfao cause that's about the only way i'd want to play.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
Ifalna
Forum Member

Quote:

Thats the kicker right there WoW doesn't have mithra lol but some friends of mine want me to start playing it iunno maybe i could mod some of the .dats and make a mithra there lmfao cause that's about the only way i'd want to play.
You actually can get banned for that in WoW if they find out, its not cause they dont want your gnome rogue looking like a blood elf, its that they dont want you replacing the flag used in warsong gulch with ragnaros's file and being able to see the flags no matter where they are (think, hand held flag vs 8 floor office building)

and its a lot different from simply switching in and out .dat files, cause if I understand right its all compressed into larger .mpq files anyways.... sure its still possible though, i think, and seriously if you figure out how to change undead girls into blood elf girls, give me a buzz cause I'm SO SICK of looking at my character ^^;
Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,414 Times in 3,368 Posts

As far as I know.. .dat swapping isn't bannable at all like ffxi, they cna't detect it without scanning your PC (against privacy laws) or you sit and spam in it in AV "HEY GUYS I CAN SEE THE FLAG I SWAPPED ZONE MAPS!"

Of course if its like ffxi, doing that would drop you into things not existing and most likely get you stuck alot/hitting invisible walls etc etc
Old 08-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #16
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ive never seen the people that say "LOL UR GEER SUX ASS GTFO MY GUILD" or anything on the lines of it, usually when i notice that the gear is kinda sucky i /w them and ask them about why they havnt upgraded there armor or such, usually its because they were hacked or they just havnt botherd or saving up for some other piece even help them get gear if i have the time. for end game stuff i really dont see a point in it for ffxi i mean yes merrits are cool and all but would rather be leveling a low job or helping some guild members out not really one to try to get maxed out gear that can only be used at 75, would like to apreciate it a little longer. on WoW id probobly just do PvP at 70 get some arena gear i guess go earn some gold and start making twinks/other jobs id like to try, might even do a RP server to see how things go. Anyway in lamence terms i stick to social guilds/Ls's were nothing is really going on for the game unless its a spur of the moment "anyone wanna do BCNM's?" don't stick near the hardcore people that try to be the best on the server or w/e. just like playing the game relaxed, if something happens i don't like just do something else until i care to do w/e it was again.

true that WoW doesnt have mithra or as many .dats as FFxi but just because i don't see cat girl ass every 5 sec. doesn't mean it's the end of the world
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

If you want to quit I'd do this...

1) Sell ALL your sellable gear
2) Drop ALL of your Rare/Ex gear
3) After all your gear sells, buy something stupid from the AH, like a Bronze Harness w/ all your gil
4) Erase your character and name a mule after it, then erase that since then PoL couldn't do shit to get your account back (That's how a friend of mine quit)
5) Uninstall FFXI if you're on PC.
6) Destory the CDs, scratch them up with keys, pour something to warp the plastic, etc.
7) Remember the work and shit you need to go through just to get a chance at 1 fucking item in most cases unless you kissed a lot of ass for, you're not going to get anyway.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #18
Ifalna
Forum Member

Quote:
As far as I know.. .dat swapping isn't bannable at all like ffxi, they cna't detect it without scanning your PC (against privacy laws) or you sit and spam in it in AV "HEY GUYS I CAN SEE THE FLAG I SWAPPED ZONE MAPS!"

Of course if its like ffxi, doing that would drop you into things not existing and most likely get you stuck alot/hitting invisible walls etc etc
Its bannable... or 'punishable' rather.. i think you get a warning at first.... but obviously its not just a simple thing to find out about and go "ha, you changed .dats... BAN!".... so yeah you dont hear about a lot of people getting banned for it, cause if you're smart enough to figure it out, you're smart enough to keep your mouth shut about it so you dont get in trouble ^^:
Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #19
Ferris
Forum Member

Only idiots that get banned for that go in/ shout and are like "OMFG THIS MITHRA'S BOOBS ARE FUCKING HUGE, AND THEY HAVE NIPPLE RINGS TOO! AND OMFG THAT IS THE HOTTEST VAGINA I'LL EVER SEE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, AND LOOK AT HER SITTING THERE PLEASURING HERSELF OMFG FAP FAP I LOVE DAT SWAPS. LOL HI SE, CAN YOU BAN THIS RMT I'M FAPPING TO PLX SHES IN BATALIA DOWNS NEAR JEUNO ENTRANCE PLX"
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #20
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Actually, .DAT editing is against the ToS. I speaked to a GM and they said trying to alter the game in ANY way is against the ToS. However it's like the windower, unless you're a f*cking retard that mentioned it countless times then you'll be fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff