Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Default The Sci-Fi Thread

Yeah I thought we could use a dedicated Sci-Fi thread, for discussing things like shows, movies, books or whatever(games count too). If you're not into sci-fi and only going to flame please don't post :? it just makes everyone else angry.

Well I guess I'll open up with a quote from Stargate SG-1, which quotes another quote :P

Quote:
Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about a human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.
Also any opinions on the new Flash Gordon? I think it's all "Flash" and no substance :P Definately not worthy of being on Fridays.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

My guilty pleasure is Sci-fi channel original movies starring Stephen Baldwin.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Vorn
A Bit of a Gigglepuss
Forum Member

Flash Gordon bored me, to be honest.

I haven't been able to forgive Sci-Fi Channel for moving Battlestar Galactica's time slot and essentially killing the series. The next season is the last one. That's so depressing. Way to kill one of the only good shows on TV, Sci-Fi.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

They also canceled Stargate SG-1 to try to attract a "younger audience." That, and moving Battlestar Galactiga, were 2 of the biggest mistakes Sci-Fi will ever make. Putting on Flash Gordon is a close third. So is deciding that they are no longer going to air Heroes. Bastards!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Agreed. SG1 was one of the best Shows on Sci-fi. Really, they should have kept it going at least long enough to finish the Ori story, rather than cutting it off at the climax and making movies to finish it. Realistically they could have kept it going until they all got tired of doing it, or got too old to keep the action realistic.

Claudia Black = Hawt.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Vorn
A Bit of a Gigglepuss
Forum Member

I wasn't really interested in SG1 very much after O'neil left, though. The team just didn't have the right chemistry afterwards.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie
They also canceled Stargate SG-1 to try to attract a "younger audience."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barachiel
Agreed. SG1 was one of the best Shows on Sci-fi. Really, they should have kept it going at least long enough to finish the Ori story, rather than cutting it off at the climax and making movies to finish it. Realistically they could have kept it going until they all got tired of doing it, or got too old to keep the action realistic.
QFT. The last episode was fucking retarded, imo. "LOL WE GET DA SUPAH AWSUM SHIP WID ALL DA GUD TECHNOOLOGY BT OH NOES WE GET IN DA 80 YR TIME BBBLE DAT DA SHP DIDNT COME WID A WAY 2 GET OUTTA IT"
Seriously. Why would you ever use that if the second you got out of the bubble, you'd be safe even if you didn't use it in the first place? Unless a sun was going to blow up behind you, it'd be super pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorn
I wasn't really interested in SG1 very much after O'neil left, though. The team just didn't have the right chemistry afterwards.
DING DING DING!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Well in the commentary on "Unending" (done by Cooper and Amanda Tapping and maybe someone else) Cooper explains that he was forced to write the script for it after he had a cliffhangar episode written that would lead into season 11, but they got canceled (I could give you the portraits of the 2 people that did it, I'll hate them for life.) He also says that season 10 was the first season in 2 or 3 years that they weren't expecting to be canceled. And they shouldn't have been. :x
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 AM   #9
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm actually more surprised that they didn't get picked up by another network. USA, TBS, or even lolFOX would have seen a boost to their viewership.

And yeah, the chemistry went into the crapper when Macguyver left, but once they brought in Claudia the comic sexual tension between Vaala and Daniel was just hilarious. Not to mention she was so hot in that pseudo goth leather outfit, oh god just thinking about it makes me happy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum