Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Those recolors are the saddest excuse I have seen
Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Asala
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

PUP got the weakest update of the 3 jobs. Congrats, your automaton can now heal the PT, enjoy being forced to sub WHM, take advantage of all that mage gear, and now be SMN v2.0, having to be a mainhealer and not letting your pet focus on doing damage. You're just another WHM-substitute now, when they give you B- H2H (for Asuran Fists access) and give your automaton more DEF/HP for survivability, then I'll be impressed.

BST got the biggest boost.

COR was okay, and it could've been better, but to be honest, I was even suprised they got a boost.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

There was a BLM side to it you know >_>
And it added that bonus to your whole party, I think I read before, not just the PUP
Old 08-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Shantotto
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

As an old soloing BST, I'm glad for the BSTs in game that the job is finally getting some attention. I think the "Stay heal" is biggest boost, the the increased duration for jugs is also good..
That said, I think the removal of the exp penalty is a bit of a bore as it removes an action that you have to do in combat.
BSTs don't exactly have all that much to do in terms of their abilities, and while this may make the job easier to play solo, it will also be a little bit more boring. I would've much rather seen them add a new gameplay (perhaps a new ability even) element to the job.

Oh well, congrats to the BSTs who are playing still. :)
Old 08-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #6
Kaisha
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asala
PUP got the weakest update of the 3 jobs. Congrats, your automaton can now heal the PT, enjoy being forced to sub WHM, take advantage of all that mage gear, and now be SMN v2.0, having to be a mainhealer and not letting your pet focus on doing damage. You're just another WHM-substitute now,
I doubt PUP could fulfill the role of main healing unless SE makes a drastic AI change regarding spell-recast times, as it currently stands, your pet only casts once every 16-18 seconds (depending on head/frame combos, and attachments).

Quote:
when they give you B- H2H (for Asuran Fists access) and give your automaton more DEF/HP for survivability, then I'll be impressed.
'eh, pets already got enough HP (my ValorEdge has 1.8k with both Auto-Repair Kits on), it's just the defense needs a serious boost, they need to be tough like BST pets.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #7
Levian
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You know I'm rather shocked that they would make Cor rolls so effective. As for Pup, well it's not about the character, it's about the pet. Really what they need to do for Pup, is cut the shit and make the automatons capable of dealing damage equal to the average meelee. As for Bst, i don't foresee this update changing it much. Most of the bst i know, play it to solo and probably wouldnt integrate into a party anyways.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #8
Ferris
Forum Member

Agreed, Levi. And to fix the error in your sig, you need to make the first tag [color=red], and the second tag [./color] (without the . of course) :)
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
Levian
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

rofl...thanks. I copied and pasted the code from KI, and never really noticed that it was messed up here since the picture came up =x
Old 08-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

Actually Asala, speaking as a 68 Pup I'm viewing our update as a huge boost. We aren't going to be relegated to a heal bitch position just because of this update like Smn. It'd be like cutting a Smn's pool down to 1/8th and telling them they get a free light spirit. Not gonna happen. Because we can't control exactly which spell the automaton casts. We can direct it in general, but not specify.

Also, I think you missed them raising the skill caps. Need I drag out parses where an automaton does good damage on an HNM? Even to the point of beating out everyone except Goshtin(kclub drk) on Proto Ultima?(May have been omega)

If done right, an automaton already pulls it's weight as a pet in an exp pt(as long as they do not overhunt things too high). And in HNM's the puppet actually does great damage over time. Boost the skills to that, how can it go anywhere but up?

Personally I have a couple Mnk friends that are waiting for my Pup to get high enough to do Krt burns with them. With this new update, I can pull out the Whm Stormwaker to counter the mass AoE's of the mobs, while I'm still up there doing good H2H damage. (Not to mention I'll have the automaton up there doing blunt damage with enhanced skill caps and attuner and target marker and every other spiffy attachment.)

Pup's Auto is very strong in the right cases. I personally think a B grade H2H wouldn't be fair as far as job balence.....I wouldn't turn it down, but I think if they did boost H2H cap, they'd hit Pup with a Nerf bat further on down the road.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
niffy
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

deleted
Old 08-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Evictius knows whats going on.I just started PUP about 3 days before the update was announced. PUP is extremly underrated, with the right frame and attachmens for the right mobs, PUP can easyly do same, if not more dmg then any other DD. Most interesting about the Pupdate gonna be the new AI head Frames and specialy the skill cap raise, wich will probably give BLM Frame of a lv75 PUP at least all thier lv3 dmg spells.

being a 75COR i joy much too :D

finaly BRD gets a right slap in the face :wink:
Old 08-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #13
Rina Refine

BRD wont get a slap in the face cuz COR cant replace carnage elegy,
lullaby and the marches...
i think if any job will get slapped? by COR update it's RDM...

Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #14
Levian
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Nah. Corsair can refresh, but they can't heal. If anything, Cor might take the place of the burn bard that sings Madrigal/Minuet and 2x Ballad, or the meelee/mage parties bard at events. I haven't had the pleasure of working with a Corsair since the mid 60's they're far too rare ;-;

And Eviticus, i would love to see those parses actually. Guess you could call it curiosity, it would be interesting to see what a good puppet master could pull off. To date, all the puppet masters I've seen have done nothing but get in the way.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #15
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinaxrina
BRD wont get a slap in the face cuz COR cant replace carnage elegy,
lullaby and the marches...
i think if any job will get slapped? by COR update it's RDM...
I have to agree and disagree....

It's nice that COR rolls will be boosted to be more effective than a BRD's since they're a lot more limited than them, COR can't cast any offensive rolls while a BRD can do both offensive and defensive things. The only real offensive abilities a COR have are elemental shots, but that's noting to brag about compard to a BRD.

But going as far as saying a COR is the new RDM... not really.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #16
Marchien
Unbounded Usurper
Forum Member

Quote:
Also, I think you missed them raising the skill caps. Need I drag out parses where an automaton does good damage on an HNM? Even to the point of beating out everyone except Goshtin(kclub drk) on Proto Ultima?(May have been omega)
I would personally like to see these, as a 26pup myself :P
Old 08-26-2007, 05:33 AM   #17
Ferris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy
It's nice that COR rolls will be boosted to be more effective than a BRD's since they're a lot more limited than them, COR can't cast any offensive rolls while a BRD can do both offensive and defensive things. The only real offensive abilities a COR have are elemental shots, but that's noting to brag about compard to a BRD.
Er .... how the hell can you say that COR is more limited than BRD? The only thing BRD has offensively that COR doesn't is Requiem and March, really, since adding an elegy would be sticking a fork in BRD.
And no offensive abilities? (I'm counting only melee oriented, not magic ones here)
-Fighter's roll
-Samurai's roll (though a dumb idea)
-Hunter's roll
-Chaos roll
-Rogue's roll
-All the pet ones, depending on your party

COR is essentially like RDM, it doesn't specialize in anything in particular, but it can do many things. Its rolls are less effective than BRD's, pre update, but it does more melee damage than one, and iIts ranged attack is better than THF's, but less powerful than RNG's. (Correct me if I'm wrong about the THF part)
Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Well, lets put it this way..

1. Can you rely on a COR to be a sleeper?
2. Can you rely a COR to dispell?
3. Can a COR place elemental defenses?
4. Can a COR put DoT effects on their enemy?
5. Can a COR haste?
6. Can a COR slow?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #19
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

For Levian and Marchien, here are the recently mentioned parses. Proto-Ultima versus a merited Pup and Kirin Versus a Pup.

In the Proto-Ultima, the Pup was only beaten by a Kclub Drk(Goshtin). And in the Kirin, the one time he was only beaten by Diabolos, and the second time he was only beaten by Diabolos and a Rng. Now, if there were multiple Diabolo's, their damage would've been counted as one, so I have no idea whether or not there were multiple Smn's there.

And a side note, the Pup never engaged, he went /Whm with Vermy's and healed. All the damage he contributed was only through his melee automaton.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #20
Ferris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Well, lets put it this way..

1. Can you rely on a COR to be a sleeper?
2. Can you rely a COR to dispell?
3. Can a COR place elemental defenses?
4. Can a COR put DoT effects on their enemy?
5. Can a COR haste?
6. Can a COR slow?
Actually, it can. Magus' roll. Though it isn't all that effective, but it does it for all defenses.
And that only proves my point that COR is essentially a RDM-type job.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff