Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 08-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default What is happening to my FFXI?

I checked on the Gamefaqs FFXI, and it was in turmoil. Well, more so than usual. Dex being a useful stat, PUP being buffed, two handed weapons being buffed to all hell. And worst of all, I found this. I think it speaks for itself.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...827_223708.png

Something really weird is going on.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Holy fuck dude...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #3
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

people are WSing Fafnir with 2 handed weapons for 1,500+. SE has killed XI, they better fix it quick. My relic H2H friend counldnt break 156 dmg punches to a lvl 40 skeleton. If they intend to leave this shit like it is im quitting next week lol
Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 AM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

If it's a WS then it makes sense.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
Asgardian
Forum Member

Gekko for 1,900 is ok to Fafnir? He was easy enough as is, now you can Meleeburn him. Im not upset about that though, the fact they nerfed single hand weapons is what ticks me off. I would of been a happy camper if they boosted 2 handers like this and left single alone. Just got Byakko's, Black Belt, and Usukane feet for monk after 3 years of work, and in less then a month they make my job crap. Yay.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 AM   #6
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

How did they nerf H2H?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 AM   #7
Asgardian
Forum Member

There is a damage cap now, and H2H's cap is stupid low. My sam was hitting for 300, criting for 300, I put on +300 more attack and still hit for 300...... a DRG with relic spear in my LS was hitting for 488 on same mobs, criting for 876. My MNK friend with relic H2H was hitting same mobs for 156... crit for 200. This is a horribly fucked up system >.>
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 AM   #8
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I thought it only affected weaponskills..... >.>

Wonder how shitty a PUP will be for melee DMG...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #9
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I think the H2H skeleton thing is a glitch. People in whitegate tonight saying they were hitting 300+ crits on any given punch vs IT mobs.

The spongilla fly makes sense. Piercing gets a bonus against them, though I must say that is a bit overboard, at the same time I call a fluke unless he could repeat that damage reliably. Given the massive changes SE made to drg in the update, it's fair to say they may have fixed them a bit too much, and a slight tuning might be in order.

As for a 1500 WS against Fafnir... It's Fafnir. He has been the laughing stock of the HNM world for the past 2 years. Now if people were throwing out 100tp 1500+ damage against aspid while in his shell, that would be different.

All in all This update is very welcome. Warriors can no longer hide behind their Level 75 in the LFG list, they actually have to be good to get a party over a good Drk or Drg. Corsair partially dethroned Brd as a premier buffer. Pup got a well deserved boost.

I fully expect to see another update to "tune" this one if drg proves to be so insanely powerful, and to fix the alleged Mnk problem.

Edit: Now that I read your second post, perhaps for lesser H2H weapons it makes sense, but SE should alter it so that relics are not subject to the cap.

And cordy. Pups shouldn't see any difference because the damage cap isn't a problem for them. They do average damage, their Matons do average damage. Put them together and you get the full damage.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #10
Asgardian
Forum Member

Lolfafnir indeed. This is broken. Cant find the pictures of the 2,000+ gekkos atm, still looking.

*edit* Eh, the WSs in that screenshot arnt very broken acually, relooking at it. But I did see a few 1,800-2,500s.... those are stupid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roflsam_223.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	13915  
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #11
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

SE just needs to make Fafnir a forced pop or something while they're at it...
Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 AM   #12
greedisgood
Regular Forum User
Death Skull

wow those dmg are crazy yet good :p
no more ridill war only pts!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 AM   #13
kai1kai
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: What is happening to my FFXI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorafin
I checked on the Gamefaqs FFXI, and it was in turmoil. Well, more so than usual. Dex being a useful stat, PUP being buffed, two handed weapons being buffed to all hell. And worst of all, I found this. I think it speaks for itself.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...827_223708.png

Something really weird is going on.
if that was like a warrior doing that damage, would people be making such a big deal?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:28 AM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,272 Times in 3,326 Posts

wow... they made dragoon actually.. decent.. the worlds comming to an end!

oh god.. I'm almsot afraid to see what a soul eater penta could do... haha
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 AM   #15
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well you have to remember that the ROTZ HNM's were made prior to merits, prior to the uber gear we have now, 2 handed boost be damned. They were borderline too easy once people got decent merits, then it got stupid when people would start TP burning them. Imo, the ROTZ HNM's have needed a boost for some time now as personally I don't consider TP burn to be a strategy which should be allowed on mobs such as these, this boost is just the icing on the cake. It just allows on a broader spectrum, what previously was reserved for asshole warriors with lolridill and drks with Kclub. I remember a time when it was more than just who was the fastest claim, a good cohesive group actually mattered. Really, for a long time now, the only way to lose against the NQ kings was to be with a piss poor group. The only way to lose to fafnir was to run behind and force a spike flail, or pull a darter, which isn't even guaranteed to kill a good group. I don't believe that SE cares about ROTZ era endgame anymore. It's so obsolete as demonstrated by their apathy towards TP burn yet the best gear to an extent still comes from there, so any jackass with a fast trigger finger and a half assed group can get a pretty good shot at it, contrasted with when it actually took skill.

And no, I don't believe anyone would be up in arms if a warrior managed to pull off rampages at anywhere near that damage because again, that reserves it for the "elite." It's only one job that can do that, and not several.

In the end, I just play for fun, and any boost that lets a drk or a drg stick it to the assholes that previously shunned us, is in my opinion very much win.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 AM   #16
Ojala
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

And yet no one seemed to care when people learned that you could rape kirin in 10 minutes with TP burn. Guess what, you're not going to lose to fafnir so might as well end it quickly. 2 handers deserved this buff. Now they can compare with what 1 handers can do.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 AM   #17
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

End game damage was Ridill War and Mnk? And now 2Hander's can do damage too? And people complain? Ok, your damage is capped. How fast do you hit compared to the 2handers? They may hit for more, but they are slower by nature. Parse it before you cry.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #18
darkside
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I remember a time, when SE said they wanted to encourage blms to join pties, & magic burst a skillchain, so then, why are they so fkn stupid!. yeah, lets develope & enhance a system that lets DDs out damge blms & kill mobs before they can even cast. It's like they just want all the blms to retire. I'm a blm & as i see the melees so more & more dmg it pisses me off, cause i'm a glass cannon, i'm supposed to do the highest numbers, but have no defense & die. now i dont even do the highest damage, & the melees can take all this hate & not die nearly as fast. They've completely forgotten about us. Thats quite evident by making it so that blms arent even wanted in XP pties anymore, & not by the choice of the blm.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #19
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

I garuntee you have more -Enmity choices then they do. If you see then doing 3.5k, do 4k. With the -Enmity you should be fine. If you claim you can pull hate enough to die, you can certainly deal damage enough to keep up with them.

And if you can't keep up with then, you aren't in trouble of death now are you?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #20
Ryuji
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviticus
I garuntee you have more -Enmity choices then they do. If you see then doing 3.5k, do 4k. With the -Enmity you should be fine. If you claim you can pull hate enough to die, you can certainly deal damage enough to keep up with them.

And if you can't keep up with then, you aren't in trouble of death now are you?
Exactly. BLM cannot keep up with "new" 2h DDs, even though they use magic which uses MP. Means they cannot deal damage all the time, and when they do they aren't even as effective as melees. How is that "balanced"?

Also, NIN is about to become a crappy job, since there's no way they can keep hate now. I presume even PLDs will have problems.

SAMs were already pretty much on-par with WAR/NINs. Don't think any job will come close to them now.

MNKs are pretty much useless job now, save Chi Blasting HNMs

As much as I understand that DRK, GAxe WAR and especially DRG deserved a damage boost, SE way overdid it. Especially since SAMs went along on the bandwagon, they were powerful enough already. While fixing a few jobs, they broke a lot other jobs. I sure hope SE will soon tone down 2-handed weapon bonuses a bit, so that damage potential of jobs will even out a bit more.

As for high damage WS, yes they are pretty insane. That's more than fully-merited AM2 can do. And it doesn't cost MP. Thanks you SE for a "coup de grace" on BLMs.

/rant

PS: Damage cap was always there for all melee hits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff