Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
random_racer1
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Mithran Milk - Help ?

I searched for a existing thread to ask this in, but none of them were really on my topic/question

I tried downloading a few things from the site ( http://www.mithra.to/~maenoshito/ ) , but i ended up with a .ZIP contaning a .swf file, which as far as i can tell is supposed to be a animation file, which i need a flash player for

But i have Adobe Flash player 9 on my computer (otherwise how else could i watch youtube ?) but i can't seem to get anything, can't get it to play or anything, and i'd really like to see some of the vids

So i was wondering, Am i doing something wrong in the download ?, should i try a different flash player (any recomendations welcome)

Maybe someone could post a step by step method of how to download the vids from Mithran Milk, and get it to play on their computer, if they'd be so kind

I managed to dl a .ZIP that had a wmv movie in it, only 10 seconds long but long enough to give me a taste of whats next, are there any other wmv files around by chance?

Any help would be appreciated

(P.S. this is my first post, only because i recently recovered my password which i lost some months ago, now that i can get here, its been good so far)
Old 09-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
raygun616
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Have you tried dragging the .swf files into a webbrowser window? Usually works with firefox or opera browser. IE7 has an annoying little safety that prevents their viewing at first, little bar pops down from the top telling you it was prevented from opening; you just click that and select allow.

If you have the latest cccp codecs installed you could try opening them with media player classic as well. They were made with an older version of flash, likely flash 7 or 8, so you shouldn't have any problems with them.

For everything else there's always google. Something like "swf viewer" should return some hits.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Try playing it in your webbrowser like Ray suggested, its how I get mine to run D:

and PS: Hows Warsong coming Ray? :D
Old 09-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Download Swiff Player.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
random_racer1
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun616
Have you tried dragging the .swf files into a webbrowser window? Usually works with firefox or opera browser. IE7 has an annoying little safety that prevents their viewing at first, little bar pops down from the top telling you it was prevented from opening; you just click that and select allow.

If you have the latest cccp codecs installed you could try opening them with media player classic as well. They were made with an older version of flash, likely flash 7 or 8, so you shouldn't have any problems with them.

For everything else there's always google. Something like "swf viewer" should return some hits.
That did the trick, of course its something that i never thought of trying, anyways thanks for the tip
Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
raygun616
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Slowing down uploading new chapters since I've been very busy. New one should be up on the 17th.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #7
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

cool cool, lookin forward to it!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
Wynry
Forum Member

whats the passwords on these again ?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #9
Fubam00
Forum Lurker