Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
downloadmasta
Forum Member

Default FFXI doujinshi translation

Hi everyone. ^_^ This is my first post here. I am an old FFXI player from Garuda that quit because my friends were playing WoW. But after playing it for a long time, it started to feel very cookie cutter. Also, it does not have nearly as good of a player community so I'm planning on going back to FFXI on my old server, Garuda. I'll have to buy the game again and start over because I threw away my old boxes and codes and everything.

So anyway, I used to live in Japan but I'm back in the states for a for a bit while I finish my degree. I work as a translator during the day and have some evening courses, but I have a lot of free time. I like Japanese ero games and I wanted to work on translating something like that, because that stuff hardly gets translated. (only some of the crappy games get "professional" English translations) But I don't know how to edit the games to make translation patches and stuff, so I was thinking about starting with doujins or something like that. Just something fun to do in my spare time that other people who like the same things could enjoy. If anyone has a FFXI doujin that they'd like me to translate, please post it here, but make sure the scans are clear and easy to read. ^_^
Old 10-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

To much awesome in 1 place if you would seriously translate some of these. Can I request Queen of Vanilla: Mihli please? :3
Old 10-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
downloadmasta
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
To much awesome in 1 place if you would seriously translate some of these. Can I request Queen of Vanilla: Mihli please? :3
Sure, no problem. I used to have a few FFXI doujinshi but I can only find one right now. It's called "Midgar Storm" and has a mithra in the lv 1 gear with white hair on the cover. But sure, I'll gladly translate this "Queen of Vanilla" doujinshi for you guys. Can you post a link to where I can find the scans?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

Hello! Welcome to the boards. That link you're looking for is here in this topic and farther in someone linked to a smaller version of what I posted if that helps:

http://www.neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3245

To edit ero games, many use a hex editor program and choose the Unicode mode to display Japanese characters. From there, you can view the text and alter it from menu options to regular text. Luckily, most Japanese ero programmers use basic program builders that don't have much for encryption, so pretty much what that means is that you have access to reading just about anything you need and thus making changes from there.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
Quandl
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'd say more likely than not any doujin getting a translation is more than welcome since as of now there's only what, 2 (soon to be 3) translated so far?

Personally I'd be interested in the one from Gaucho (kedama)

http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtop...?p=18310#18310
なんでミスラの脚装備が脚をまもってないのはなぜなんだぜ?
(Think the title is something along the lines of "Why is it that mithra armor doesn't protect their legs?" or something, right?)

or any of the Kuroshiki

http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtop...?p=41504#41504

http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtop...?p=33160#33160 (as well as the first 3 i can't find links to right now)

or jack-o-lantern volumes just because I enjoy the art style in those most.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SGQZTHKZ (haven't checked which doujin are included in this one)

:wink: And not to sound overly passive agressive but it would be awesome to have someone who offers a translation to actually follow through with it unlike some resident attention whores. :lol: But make no mistake, the fast lane to ludicrous amounts of praise would be by way of translations :D
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
downloadmasta
Forum Member

Thanks for some doujinshi links, guys. I can't download them now since I'm at work. I'll check it out when I get back. Also, I see that you can add attachments here. There should be no problem uploading 1 doujinshi at a time to this site, right? I really don't want to pay to use some outside service. I mean, I'd rather just post it all here page by page if I had to, but I'd prefer to have it all together as one set. ^_^

I'm a bit busy this week since I am getting ready to go to Tokyo / Chiba next week so that I can attend the Tokyo Motor Show. I'll raid Akiba for any FFXI doujin that I can find while I'm there. But anyway, I'll have tonight and tomorrow night to try to get something done before I take off. ^_^
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
Quandl
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Shouldn't be any problems uploading doujin in .rars or something here.

>.> and if you're looking for some, might I suggest Zoku Misuran Tarutaru? As far as I know, it's the only of the three that hasn't been bought/scanned yet.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #8
Avvesione
Forum Police

There are quite a few doujinshis out there that haven't been posted on here so anything you can find out there would be nice. You might wanna see what already is posted so you don't go out and spend a lotta money on things you can get for free here.

I'll post some of the covers of some missing doujinshis covers/previews. Thanks for all the buying/translating/everything you've been doing or are about to do.

If there were one that I'd like to see the most, this would probably be it:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	misashiplus_121.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	16089   Click image for larger version

Name:	uravana208p_107.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	16090   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060813_sample01_205.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	16091  

Name:	s_sample_167.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	16092   Click image for larger version

Name:	newbook_m_145.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	16093  
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #9
Karinastar
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

When you're deciding which Doujin to translate, please consider Sweet Generals. It's full color and it's probably my favorite FFXI doujin. ^^

http://www.dawezy.com/hentai/SweetGenerals.zip

Thanks to Dawezy for having this hosted btw. >_>
Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
downloadmasta
Forum Member

Thanks for the advice, Avvesione. And yes, if anyone could post cover pictures of doujinshi that there are no known scans of, that would be great. One of my friends who is going to Tokyo with is is going to bring over Photoshop or something like that to help make the images look nice. Because, sad to say, I only have MS Paint to work with right now. So tomorrow night I'll get that program installed and hopefully I'll be able to get something posted here for you guys before I leave. ^_^
Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
Insane
what
Forum Member

Needing this also
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	061225_03_974.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	16096  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #12
Dawezy
Spare some Beer, Gov'na?
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karinastar
When you're deciding which Doujin to translate, please consider Sweet Generals. It's full color and it's probably my favorite FFXI doujin. ^^

http://www.dawezy.com/hentai/SweetGenerals.zip

Thanks to Dawezy for having this hosted btw. >_>
np

:3

Got another 4000MB or so free on that server, lol.
Also got a heap of other Doujins up on thar now that ye mentions it, hmm~
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #13
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

We should get a list of all known doujins, and what we have and don't have >_>
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #14
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

We at least have a list of everything we do have. Anything not on it means we need it. lol
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
Marchien
Scholarly Gentleman
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane
Needing this also
Could anyone post a link to L-size for elvaan? Ty 8)
Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #16
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Do they have to be FFXI doujins? I have one in particular which isn't FFXI related I've been trying to get translated.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #17
downloadmasta
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Do they have to be FFXI doujins? I have one in particular which isn't FFXI related I've been trying to get translated.
Well, since this is an FFXI forum then I'd like to do a few FFXI related doujinishi before I work on anything else. I didn't find any decent FFXI doujinshi in Akiba on Monday. Just a few nasty ones. I'll start to work on the translations for you guys next week when I'm back in the states.

Oh, and I picked up FFXI in Japanese at Sofmap. 7100 yen. That hurts. I'm probably going to buy the US version too and sign up with that, then install and play the Japanese version because the monthly fee in the US is cheaper. ^_^
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #18
Ayra
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hmm... I'd like to add another vote to Sweet Generals that got proposed last page :)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 AM   #19
djkn
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downloadmasta
I'm probably going to buy the US version too and sign up with that, then install and play the Japanese version because the monthly fee in the US is cheaper. ^_^
If you're hellbent on having a Japanese client I'd suggest actually registering with it. If someone wants to be a jerk, they technically can report you for typing in Japanese and last I checked, it doesn't seem that the GMs have any way to tell the client software version. What they can check is where's it's registered. What this means is that it'll look to them like you're using windower's IME plugin and since they're on this player-fueled third party bannination spree, it's better to play it safe. Most people I know with IME haven't been banned for it. I can think of one particular time when someone (who had a grudge against the other person for unreleated reasons) called a GM on said person for typing in Japanese and suddenly, they were suspended for 3 days. Their punishments seem to be doled out fairly randomly though, so it's really up to you, but I'd suggest either sticking with NA account/client or JP account if you really want to play the Japanese version.

(Also, a few minor differences in the clients. When synthing, in the Japanese client it will display all your craft levels under the synth material box. Oddly enough, /clock won't display the moon phase percentage in the JP client, though.)
Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

/poke any updates? :o

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff