Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #1
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default So Scholar is the new job.

I thought I was going to level dancer, but this changes everything. Mithra schoolgirl FTW!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

where can mia read about this?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=163155&d=0

http://ff11creatersvoice.cocolog-nif..._job_e1dc.html
Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

thats so effing awesome but they should come out with AF2 for the jobs they havn't yet /cough ToAU!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

MINISKIRTS!!!

I can only hope they do something "creative" for mithra tails!!!! I'm getting a hardon just thinking about it...
Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #6
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

;o probally won't it will probally be the same stupid tail thing they always have
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
El Grapadora
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Cool, in before Scholar is female onry due to skirts. >_>
Old 11-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

Nope Yasuki from siren gave this too me off hsi computer ; ; I seem to be theonly one that the site hates me
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scholar_988.bmp (3.75 MB, 348 views)
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
Qwerty1
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

FFXI + school girls + mini skirts = Win

This job has the possibility to create the best ffxi hentai ever... i'm already keeping an eye on the usual jp image boards for the first pics.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #10
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

At last! My dream of having a naughty schoolgirl mithra can become a reality!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

That's awesome, I'm going to be a school girl.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #12
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Any cat want to be my student? :3
Old 11-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Xanthu
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It's been out for over 8 hours, and no rule 34 yet?

Fail
Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
Rai
Forum Member

guys can be scholars too. OF note too is people can invite others into their Mog house!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #15
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Scholar looks like bard. I bet it'll play similarly as well, but in reverse. Instead of singing to buff your party members, you debuff your enemies by lecturing them to death. It'll probably be really good at crowd control, being able to keep mobs asleep, confused or charmed (brainwash).
Old 11-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #16
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
***Scholar***
While being acquainted with both general white and black magics, Scholars also possess unique white and black spells. The idea behind Scholar is not to be
a master of magic, but to be a job which uses magic skillfully by combining job abilities. Additionally, having Scholar as a subjob to magic utilizing
jobs has its uses as well.

Sorry to say, but you don't get to hit people with books.

Scholar's most basic abilities are "White Grimoire" and "Black Grimoire." These abilities, much like Samurai's Hasso and Seigan, switch back and forth
while giving the Scholar an increased ability in white magic or black magic, respectively. The duration of these abilities' effects are unlimited. The
idea is that you can have either one active indefinitely.

White Grimoire gives the scholar increased abilities with white magic. White magic casting times and MP use are both reduced. Additionally, Healing,
Divine, and Enhancing skills are slightly raised. Even more, there are certain abilities that can only be used while White Grimoire is active. On the
other hand, black magic spells will experience an increase in MP cost and casting time. But since switching between Grimoires is easy, you should match
your choice to the circumstances.

When subjob is set to Scholar and Black Grimoire is used, there is a bonus to corresponding skills. With this setup, the amounts gained by Aspir and Drain are increased even with a White Mage main, and spells such as Paralyze which are frequently resisted by superior enemies will be more useful.

Scholar has many abilities to foster its skillful use of magic. There are multiple abilities which can only be used while White or Black Grimoires are in effect. These abilities have recast timers. While these abilities may have recast timers the same as a Summoner's Blood Pact, Scholars have a system of
storing up these recasts. For example, in the case of an ability with a 4 minutes recast, you would have to wait four minutes after use before using it
again. But for scholars, an ability for which you can store up a maximum of 3 recasts could be cast three times in succession.

Scholar unique abilities:
*Change the weather of a targeted party member
*Magic dealing a powerful DoT
The weather changing magic doesn't change the weather you see, but rather grants a specific weather effect regardless of the current weather. Not only
does this increase magic accuracy and damage, it also makes possible the use of special weapon effects that can only be used in certain weather!

***Other News***
*The number of macros will be increased to 4000!
*The Gobbiebag will be increased to 70!
*Party members can be invited into your Moghouse!
*For those who have fought through the end of Einherjar... and defeated that boss...

***Dancer***
Dancer can heal with "Dance" and weaken enemies with "Step". While using Step, Dancer can attack enemies using an additional effect unique to each Step called "Flourish". Dancer abilities require TP, so it will be necessary to fight before using them.

Dance heals party members for a set amount like Cure spells and inflicts an additional effect on the enemy that you attack. (The additional effect, such as HP drain, is granted to all party members when you connect with the enemy.)
Step inflicts an enfeebling effect on the enemy and grants the Dancer a bonus status called "Finishing Move". This status is used up when the ability "Flourish" is utilized.

For example...
"Quick Step", a step which adds the effect of evasion down, is used first. If this attack connects, then the enemy is inflicted with an evasion down status for a set amount of time and the Dancer receives the Finishing Move status.
There are various types of Flourishes: a Provoke effect, a WS strengthener, a conversion of Finishing Move into TP, effects only activated with a WS, etc. With all the many types, you can adjust your response to the situation at hand.

Dancer's abilities use up a portion of TP, so you must first attack and build TP. From there, you can use Step or Dance to assist in attacking or healing. This is the basic way of using the abilities. This means that, like WS, if the TP needed for a move is high, then you can't do anything in the interim. Adjustments are currently being made to fix this.

(As a final note, the dancing motions of each race are different.)
Old 11-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #17
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Scholar looks like bard. I bet it'll play similarly as well, but in reverse. Instead of singing to buff your party members, you debuff your enemies by lecturing them to death. It'll probably be really good at crowd control, being able to keep mobs asleep, confused or charmed (brainwash).
getting scholar confused with mediator >.>
Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #18
Kazuki
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ok, now we got two mage jobs. Wheres the tank/DD/other close range fighter one? I was hoping at lest one new job would be a meele job.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #19
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

To be honest, I think there are already too much melee/DD jobs. Anything else they'd come up with would just be a gimmick, like the whole puppetmaster thing. As for tanks, do we really need another one when we have the so overpowered ninja? I mean, anything else that does take even the slightest bit of damage (lol pld) is unwanted or last choice. So another job that takes no damage? What's the point?
Actually, I think there are just too much jobs already in the game, period. Can you really imagine many more actions that would really contribute to party without being a gimmick? I hoped that in this expansion they'd put more focus again on adding quality areas and decent missions and story as in CoP.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

I don't think we need a new tank job at all, what SE need sto do is make VIT more effective, since after 100 VIT it's not that noticable, at least then they'd make Koenig half assed decent since IMO the only good piece is the head due to the shield skill on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff