Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Nausicalia
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default My first mod but how to ?

Hi Everyone !

Ok, i'm a completely noob in in this kind of stuff but i want to learn. First, i've done this yesterday night. It's my first mod : Reskinnig Lizard Armor with texture and tutorial of this Guide, and change the eyes, with Rikku's Eyes from Takari's .dat.

Here modification of the lizard armor texture and hide the headband.

And there, the eyes :

It's a little work for some of you but i'm proud ^^

However i have a question : I don't like my mithra's hair. I want to change. With which program can i change it ? Someone can help me with a short tutorial on how to change/create/replace or else, the hair ?

(And sorry about my english, it's very awful.. )

I would like this elvaan hairstyle for my mithra but when i tried, the result was ... >.<

I want port to mithra and turn it in blonde. Huge work i know...

So, if anyone had a an idea or a suggestion, don't hesitate ^^

Thanks a lot ^^

Thanks a lot for your answers /bow
Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I've been thinking about making another VRS tutorial video, and I did want it to be about porting... so, I'll use this as my example. :P
I should be able to work on it and probably finish it tomorrow sometime.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Isiarefie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Oh wow! That work you did is very very good =) I LOVE the texture on that armor.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

That lizard reskin is an old mod.. ive had it for over a year >.>;;; did you mean you redid the eyes? Grumpy Rarab used that lizard mod as an example in his tutorials.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
That lizard reskin is an old mod.. ive had it for over a year >.>;;; did you mean you redid the eyes? Grumpy Rarab used that lizard mod as an example in his tutorials.
I think the OP meant they went through the tutorial on that page, which was the lizard reskin. Btw, it is Dracovivi's tutorial, not Grumpy Rarab's.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
Isiarefie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Still looks good.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Nausicalia
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
Actually, yes i changed the eyes. Originally, my mithra's eyes are blue, now they are green and from the Rikku Takari's Dats. I love these eyes, so cute and more reallistic. To do it, i just work on .bmp of the .dat, using Clone Stamp tool ^^

Oh i had to make it a lot oh time because i'm starting in this work :p But finally i succeed. Perhaps i'll work again on it because the result is not my taste.

But the hairstyle and VRS... >.< we can say that VRS is not very simple to use... Perhaps i can with a translation of the guide, but in english i have some trouble ^^ One day i'll be a fine dat maker like most of you here ^^ *dream* I do love your work Kickern, and Takari's, and Dracovivi's too ^^

And if you want i can put here the .dat of this lizard armor ^^ Just tell me :)
Old 12-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
demontom
Tarutaru Blue Mage
Forum Member

I'm really looking forward to this porting tutorial, but I have one question. Is porting armor going to be done with the same method as porting hairstyles? If it is, I could get better with it, and lighten the load on the current modders here. I know people have been asking for Mithra and Hume F versions of Lowtech's dats for awhile now.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
Nausicalia
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demontom
I'm really looking forward to this porting tutorial, but I have one question. Is porting armor going to be done with the same method as porting hairstyles? If it is, I could get better with it, and lighten the load on the current modders here. I know people have been asking for Mithra and Hume F versions of Lowtech's dats for awhile now.
I tried to use the same way with hairstyle but the result was very very bad. I think, hairstyle can be done only with VRS. For my armor i've just changed the texture but not the style. For my mithra's hairstyle i just change the texture and when i tried to make this hair longer, it didn't work. You can only do this with VRS.

If i'm wrong, just tell me, i'm not qualified.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner