Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 12-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default SE windower?

I believe this is strait BS since SE was so against it but are they actually making a windower they deam "appropriate" for ffxi?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

they were against windower program because it's a 3rd party program and you can use plugins to cheat. SE's windower is just FFXI in a windowed mode.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ahhh know the link?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Start > Programs > PlayOnline > FINAL FANTASY XI > FINAL FANTASY XI Config
Old 12-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
Nanako
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

There's no need to download anything because it's part of the FFXI software (only 4+ years late). You need to go into the FFXI configuration utility and set it to start in windowed mode.

For years SE naively thought that forcing the game to run full screen would prevent 3rd party programs, but in the end only encouraged it (as seen by the huge number of Windower users alone). Finally they seem to have gotten the hint.

FYI, their windowed mode sucks. Stick with the 3rd party windower.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

k, and thanks never really used windower since i mostly played oon ps2 just recently have i started on pc
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The SE version of the windower works.... but like everyone else said compaired to the 3rd party version out there already it fails hardcore. I have a question though, ever since the wotg update, whenever I try using the 3rd party windower it cuts off the chat box to where I cant see what Im typing. It worked fine before, I changed my screen settings to what they were before when it worked and still it cuts it off. Anyone else have this problem as well?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #8
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Start > Programs > PlayOnline > FINAL FANTASY XI > FINAL FANTASY XI Config
Ive tried the config in the game have found no such option. looked in the play online updates crap keep trying to find this option but cant could someone please spell it out for me? :| seriously dont know what im doing wrong might be cause ffxi got to this pc, bro did alot of annoying crap to get it on this pc (has vista did this about a week or a month after it was released) but anyway FFXI's in game config is doing nothing for me or any other options i can think of, might have missed something
Old 12-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #9
Nanako
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre
The SE version of the windower works.... but like everyone else said compaired to the 3rd party version out there already it fails hardcore. I have a question though, ever since the wotg update, whenever I try using the 3rd party windower it cuts off the chat box to where I cant see what Im typing. It worked fine before, I changed my screen settings to what they were before when it worked and still it cuts it off. Anyone else have this problem as well?
Are you by chance using both the windower *and* SE's windowed mode at the same time? Make sure SE's windowed mode isn't enabled when you use windower. Running both at the same time has strange side effects and shouldn't be done.

The windowed mode switch isn't in the game. I'ts in the configuration applet that you have to run separately. A previous reply mentioned how to find it.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

hmm yeah I still have the run ffxi in windowed mode and try to run the 3rd party at the same time, I bet that is it thanks, Ill uncheck the box and let you know what happens.

Edit: Ok yes I unchecked the box "Start ffxi in windowed mode" and it works fine again thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 AM   #11
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ahh i see what you mean.

when i went to Start> Play Online for some reason FFXI wasnt in the options. three choices Playonline, Playonline viewer, and Tetra Master. oh well ill mess around with it later gonna get some sleep

Editstill condnt find the option went into
Computer: OS (C) etc etc to see if i had to do it from there since it isnt on my Start programs for some reason but the only thing with config. on it was a file that couldnt be opend anyone just have a normal windower i could use?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff