Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Default Need some help in a big way

ok heres my problem. Every time i log into ffxi. about 5minutes i start to DC. but the thing is. it says i DC due to "Timing out" and its not just one time. its over and over and over. ive DC'd because of "Time out" like 20 times today (seriously) seems to only be my ffxi havin problems like this. even if im just logged into the viewer. This is the first time ive had a problem like this. Anyone know whats wrong and/or how to fix this?

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:51 AM   #2
Freelancer
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I had that one time right after ToAU came out.

I just reinstalled PoL (didn't touch FFXI) and it all worked.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

I tried that and still nada. i also took a friends advice and updated all my drivers. this seemed to make it happen more often. i even tried callin a GM and when i finally started talkin to em i DC'd lol. bet he was pissed
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
motoba
Forum Member

I've noticed over the years that FFXI is finicky about your connection, if it detects it's dropped below normal a few times it'll boot you regardless about how it looks at the time of the boot. Also I'd run some scanners to check for some nasty stuff causing it on your pc. At the same time, you can check some of the devices between your pop and pc. Some bad routers or cables may be causing that, or overheating.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Yea i have had problems with my laptop over heating sumtimes. didnt think it could cause my game to kick me like that. ill mess around with a few more things. thank you.

Also if anyone else has any ideas. im open to anything^^ thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
Nattack
Hey baby, wanna /ss/?
Forum Member

ffxi getting more finicky? hmm... i went from hardwired to wireless and i got the opposite effect (amazingly)

in any case, there is tech support on POL's site supposedly. when i told a GM about how the PS2 version of FFXI would hang when talking to the coin guy in aht urgahn they directed me there for troubleshooting.

kinda makes you wonder...

anyways. yeah. check Playonline.

one thing you might want to give, is when did it start happening, or when did you notice at least, your computers specs, your connection specs, and what other things youve already tried and compared (as you said only ffxi seems to suffer from this.)
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #7
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Still having problems . but i've figured out when the problems started. it's was right after i downloaded the Devifoxx dat collection. it was actually my sister that pointed out. After she downloaded it she started having problems as well. I'm not sure if that is the reason this is happening or not. but it's definitely something that should be looked into. If push comes to shove ill end up just reformatting my laptop. Just as a precaution. With all the freaky key loggers and shit roaming around it could be anything. better safe then sorry i suppose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff