Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 01-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Default Rising Force Online

I'm actually surprised there is no thread about this game but anyway... has anyone decided to give it a shot since it went Free in October? I've been trying to give it a shot the past couple days with no luck. They seem to have hidden the ability to get the registration code NEEDED to play the damn game somewhere and if asked they point you to the main RFO website... in which you will see it saying that the game is free but you won't see hide or hair on where the bloody code could be.

SO... anyone tried it and knows where to get the GD code? :\
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I played it on release then a friend somehow coerced me into playing a private server for a few days.

Its an awful game. Don't bother.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

the game's based pretty much around the idea of grind as fast as you can to lvl50 and then join race wars. although it's hard as fuck to level past 30, because every lvl50 from the other 2 races will be in the same zone and oneshot you so they can get contribution points. it's frustrating as hell, and it's not worth it at all.

but when I registered for my free account, it gives you the registration code somewhere along the line there.. if you really want to play RF..
Old 01-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
Frappuccino42
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The game is real pretty and not much else. The low level grinding was kind of fun because it didn't take days to kill mobs and the animations were cool, but it was never worth being a monthly fee game.

I do suggest seeing it for yourself though.

I really want to play Cabal Online, but North American release is postponed indefinitely.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

in europe cabals free i haven't played it much though
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Xiani
Gothic Lolita Catgirl
Forum Member

I've played RF since about a week or two before it went free to play. My friend had been playing longer than I had and gave me a copy for a late birthday present.

It was fun at first, except getting my lowbie ass one shotted every night in Guild vs Guild by not only my friend, but other guildies, which kind of got annoying. I pushed to level because I wanted to be useful, only to run into getting PK'd by the other races once I got closer to 30 almost non-stop.

I did enjoy it, but the game has way to many glitches that draw it back a bit. Not to mention how unfairly balanced somethings are. Dieing due to how glitchy the game is, over and over, sucks. Specially when the other race killing you rips about 1-3k Contribution Points from you when you can't do anything in return and you're a pretty easy kill even at level 46.

There really isn't much to do aside from level. Once you get 40+ you can go on raid groups to go kill the other races. There are Pit Bosses that spawn every 4 hours, but they require a lot of fire power to take down now due to the higher regen. Given they can drop some rather good items, mainly Elementals(10-25+ Attack/Dodge/Defense stuff).

There is Chip War every... was it 8 hours? You can go at lower levels but it's really a waste if you're going to actually fight. You'll get dropped like nothing. Even at 46 I die pretty easily when there's a good 20+ AoEs hitting me at once.

I just recently stopped playing due to a batch of bans a couple weeks ago. I got banned for RMT along with a good 100+ other accounts who did absolutely nothing wrong. I challenged it, of course, and like most everyone else they unbanned my one account. My other didn't get banned which made no sense. CodeMasters is just being really retarded lately and they're helping to ruin the game. Including the fact my boyfriend's second account got stolen and the character deleted, CM told him they don't undelete characters when not just the prior week two guildies had characters undeleted. He was the only reason I was still playing mostly, so when he quit due to that and our Bellato guild falling apart, I pretty much stopped playing. I still play a bit.

I do like the graphics for the game. There are some rather pretty areas/zones.

It's free to play so there's nothing really to lose in trying it for yourself. If you don't like PvP, you probably won't like the game much. It's based a lot around PvP. Expect to get killed a lot is my only warning.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

I was at GameStop today and saw RF Online on the shelf. It made me wonder, if the game is free now why are they still trying to sell it in the stores? It even had the 30 day free trial sticker on it so obviously those copies were there for a while. Can't you download the game and play it for free? I feel sorry for anyone who spends 20$ on this game when they can legally get it for free.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Well if you buy the game you get credits to buy stuff on an exclusive market, like most Korean MMOS.

I gave up trying to play it anyway since I never got a code after DLing/Registering and asking people on the foums and website and GMs where to get one. Honestly... after trying for a week and still nothing it really isn't worth my time. I'll just stick to WoW.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions