Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Malamasala
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Almost done, Need a little fine tuning help.

I hope people still browse through here and help out.

I was having 2 problems, but I solved the hands problem decently so you can ignore those circles. My second problem was the hips not aligning well with the textures.

I've been looking at the problem from all the directions I can think of and it seems a bit difficult to adjust it. Metasq can't open both legs and body to my knowledge so I can't adjust them that way. VRS can open them both but I can't get it to display any textures so I can't move points around to fix it that way either. This leaves plain old texture editing which I'm not that good at. A few attempts I've done usually ends up with legs and body not fitting still.

So I was wondering if someone maybe could adjust the hip parts for me? It seems easy but then I always end up getting them misaligned myself.

I'm going to include a decently big rar of the psd files incase you would want to work with something else than a flat BMP for adjusting them.

I'd really appreciate if someone could fix those hips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallerrors_208.png
Views:	56
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	19670  
Attached Files
File Type: rar hip_problems_132.rar (1.08 MB, 25 views)
Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I know this isint a answer to your problem, but one of the first mods I made (Was horrible me just drawing a bunch of lines in ms paint for full body fishnets) They wouldent line up between the body and legs as well. A lot of dats dont line up so people place a belt or some other material to cover up these small errors. Sorry if this is a wasted post, but at least a sugestion on how to cover it up if you cant figure out how to :cry:
Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Is the hip problem always there? or only during certain motions? Have you tried messing with the UV in the problem areas? Or maybe rather then adjusting the body, mess with the legs a bit?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Malamasala
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I know about the belts, it just happens to be that I want to avoid belts since they'd clash with the suit.

And the problem is independent of animations, it is always there.

I did however get a brilliant idea to look into now. The original swimsuit combo of body and legs fits with each other, so I decided to test where the problem could be. Sadly it seemed like it wasn't that easy. Both swimsuits of course fit, but they didn't fit in any combo to the others. My body with swimsuit legs got just about the same error as my legs with swimsuit body.

I did some clonestamping on the body piece to partly move that section closer and closer to the legs and I don't think I can manage anything better than this considering my poor texture skills. I'll probably manage to live with the line around the waist because it is hard to get rid off without using belts.

Still, if anyone felt up to it and is more skilled than me I'd be happy to see their fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lesserrors_212.png
Views:	45
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	19822  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
Rayne
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You can fix this in Meta.

You need to open the file to be modded. For you this would be the legs and then you need to import the top (body). Just make sure that you do not merge the images.

Now you go to each point on the body at the bottom of it and make a note of it's exact x,y,z orientation attribute. Then you go to the Legs (waist area) and look as the very first row of points around the model. You will need to individually select each point and change the attributes to match the corresponding point above it. Once all points have been made to match, save the mqo and then open it up in a model viewer to see if you like it. There is no need to run it thru GC3 unless you have also played around with the bit maps.

This is how I fixed the same issue with the open errants top for mithra when using a nude leg set.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Malamasala
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I checked it out in meta with the import combo for both parts and it seems like they are as perfect as they can be visually. Is there any way to see some kind of coordinates for each point so I can try and tell if they are just slightly off? Preferably a way to select both points and their coordinates to see if it is any problem.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
TOD
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

havnt tied it but that pic makes it looks like she has a bulge where one shouldnt be

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section