Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats

Notices

Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
Zero
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Small Request, I think

I'll admit I have been here for a bit but I haven't had anything to contribute sadly so I haven't had much of a reason to post. But thanks to you all I've found many more resources for Dats and for that I thank you. (Nice picture gallery up in here too >.>)

That aside, I have a dat that with my very limited knowledge can't seem to fix to my liking. I changed to this dat today, but damn... the chest size is so small it's sad... even my sister who plays can't bare the size, so to me that says a lot.

Here are some pictures of the current dat, and another dat that I'd like the size to be. And if it's not too much trouble afterwards, could you give me a small walkthrough of the process you used?

Thanks in advance you guys rock lol

Edit: Thanks to Dammerung for helping me out.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Well if you have the breast size you want and the model to give the size too. Then one method would be to use VRS, load the model with the breast size you want and the model to alter it too.

Then either resize there from VRS using the model with the breasts as a guide to how far you need to move the vertex. Though guessing that you wouldn't know how to tell to well if you got the shape right on VRS the alternate would be, after opening in VRS copy the breast model to the the model to fix and save it out.

Then with ModelViewer convert the file to .mqo and open Metasequoia. Then readjust the vertex's there, Metasequoia helps with adjusting vertex's because when a face covers another it's easier to see. Also adjusting vertex's is faster on Metasequoia then it is in VRS.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
Viiv
Forum Member

What's wrong with small breasts?

As a member of the Itty Bitty Titty Commitee, I wish to say, I likes dem apples.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:25 AM   #4
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I like the BLM AF2 mod as well, and yea, giving it some oomf in the breast department would be nice.

My RL is currently in a tumble with multiple deadlines approaching, but if I remember I will try to play with it over the weekend. Good excuse to figure out how to use Meta.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #5
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well they aren't supersized, but I'm not too familiar with dealing with this many vertecies, but it is an improvement over what it was before.

Edit: Problem fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blm_af2_710.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	2206  
Attached Files
File Type: dat blm_af2_fix_423.dat (98.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #6
Zero
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

That's perfect, thank you very much
Old 09-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
Zero
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

There was a slight problem with the dat improvement. It seemed that there was a small piece of the dat that was by itself under the ground. Whenever you did something (even idle) you could see if it you were at the right angle. And it became more apparent as you took any actions. Though my editing is limited I was able to fix it, it seems. If anyone finds another problem I'd like to know about it so I can further my dat editing knowledge. Here's some before and after shots and the renewed dat file.

Thanks once again goes out to Dammerung for taking on the intial request.

Also there seems to be a greenish tint to the skin area on the renewed dat that comes from alpha'ing. I always wondered, is there a way to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after_835.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	2208   Click image for larger version

Name:	before_155.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2209  
Attached Files
File Type: dat blmaf2_fix_196.dat (98.9 KB, 108 views)
Old 09-01-2006, 03:58 AM   #8
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

That fixed that little problem :3 I think there is a sliiiiiight color diference though. oh well. still looks good :3
Old 09-01-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Wow that's odd. I think I caused that problem by deleting an object in Meta instead of doing that with VRS. I combined this dat with a standard nude one to act as a guide for the shape then just deleted the nude body in Meta. Opened it back up in VRS and found a bunch of vertecies right at the 0,0,0 location which would correspond with the problem you found. Deleted those and that should have fixed it, is that what you did?

Anyway, updating my other post with my fixed version.

Edit to above: The coloration is a problem when you save something with VRS, the texture is degraded. I fixed this in mine. I save it with Model Viewer (not Altana) DAT to MPQ. Do this with the original model and the edited one, open both dds files with Photoshop, then simply drag and drop the original skin to the modded one, flatten the image, and save it, then use Model Viewer to dump it back into the dat.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:14 AM   #10
Zero
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Pretty much what I did was since I remember I couldn't delete things in Meta I went to VRS, and loaded the /heal motion so that the problem would be easier to find. Select the verties and just deleted and saved.

Cool, nice fix. Shows I sitll have a long way to go in dat editing lol. Thanks again for your good work.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Also there seems to be a greenish tint to the skin area on the renewed dat that comes from alpha'ing. I always wondered, is there a way to fix this?
The greenish tint comes from saving with VRS, the only way to fix is to use something like ChangeTex to replace the texture with a "clean" one.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #12
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Save yourself from headaches and never ever ever ever ever delete vertices in Meta. Use VRS and always use ChangeTex to scrub the texture clean and shiny.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
Dammerung
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrick
Save yourself from headaches and never ever ever ever ever delete vertices in Meta. Use VRS and always use ChangeTex to scrub the texture clean and shiny.
Why use ChangeTex? Or is that for people without Photoshop and the .dds plugin?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammerung
Quote:
ChangeText swaps in and out .dds files from the .dat. Faster then exporting the .mqo replacing the file and importing back with modelviewer.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #15
Zero
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:
Quote:
ChangeText swaps in and out .dds files from the .dat. Faster then exporting the .mqo replacing the file and importing back with modelviewer.
Hmm sounds interesting.. this is the first I've ever heard of that. I'll have to look into it
Old 09-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm sounds interesting.. this is the first I've ever heard of that. I'll have to look into it
Yeah, it's nice because you have 3 programs specializing in different things which really helps to build a model.

ChangeText = Fastest to swap .dds in and out of .dat files
Metasequioa = Fastest at Vertex manipulation and UV Mapping.
VRS = Build/Remove Vertexes, Create Motion, Alter Material, and re-weight skeletons.

The things missing from that is:

Effects, Add/Remove Skeletons, attach Sound.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
clanless
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

there a link for this dat set? found it for mithra but not F hume.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats