Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 02-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
nitsuryko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default simple request

could someone make a working trion's sword for elvaan female for off-hand / sub-weapon slot

(edit:) attachment was deleted
Old 02-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

here is the main sword and shield.

If VRS works on your system, you should try this yourself. weapons/headgear ports are the easiest.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
nitsuryko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

oh no Draco you misread what i asked xD although i thank you for replying ^^ you've always been quite helpful and i appreciate it, however...
i already have those .dats =p

what i was trying to ask for was...
if you or someone else, could make the trion's swordy work in sub-weapon slot (for female elvaan) incase i decide to dual-wield the weapon i replaced, so i have a matching pair of swordies ^^

the .dat i posted up there is the elvaan female main hand swordy, i dunno how to port and stuffs, and you've helped me make a swordy into a sub-weapon slot equip before and i was wondering if you could do it just once more for me ^^; i really appreciate the help, thank you Draco =)

(edit:) seems i misread lol ummm i've never done it before i'll try, but just incase i fail :x
if you happen to have the free time i was wondering if you could do it? i've never even tried VRS, nor do i know how to use it, but i'll try... i will post here and tell you if i succeeded or not, i'm not too good at these things ^^;
i'll download this VRS thingy and try doing it right now brb with a response
Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
nitsuryko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

oki, i have no idea how to make the swordy into a sub-weapon slot equip, i watched all these tutorial videos and i can't figure out how to do it...
VRS keeps crashing every once awhile too ; ; i bet it's because of my evil windows vista =\

if someone could plz direct me to a vid or something explaining exactly how i can change a weapon from main to sub weapon slot, i'd be willing to try again ^^;

i checked the porting turtorial vid i found in the forums and watched it, actually i watched them all and well... it didn't explain how to do this, and if it did, i guess i'm dumb or something i dunno =(

otherwise, if someone happens to have the time to fulfill my request...
i'd really appreciate all the time and effort that was spent in helping me out with my request ^^;

i thought this was an easy and simple request... but i'm finding out that this is quite the difficult task to do... well for me it is >.< sigh lol
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ah yes... I skimmed and the off hadn/ sub weapon caught me as there was some wrong with it ^^

There is a weapon porting guide on ffxidats.com

basically you place the modified DAT as your main hand sword (so it would be used by your character in-game)

Then open that sword in VRS, then open a sub hand sword the same way you opened the main hand.

Then you'll select the little black box (the mesh) and then in the Perspective - 1 window select a vertex (a dot) and "open envelope" and then find which Skeleton-XX value has a 1.0000000 to it... that is the weight of the sub hand sword for that race/gender.

now select/delete all of the mesh boxes of the sub sword (it'll be the right cluster in the Schematic Window (since you opened it second))

Select all the mesh boxes of the main hand and cut them . .. then select the DAT box (the long black one) and then paste the meshes there.

Now you select each mesh box and then select all the verticies to that mesh and make sure that only the Skeleton-XX (where XX equals the value of the sub hand sword that you just recently obtained) has a value of 1.00000000

A fairly slow double click is needed to make the value editable.. like a click ................. click
Old 02-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
nitsuryko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

yay took me forever but i did it xD

ty for your help Draco =) never woulda been able to do that w/o you
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #7
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

One little thing, have you watched Wenricks ChangeTex tutorial?

Make use of it and export the DDS(s) from the main hand Trion Sword, then Import them into the Sub (ported) sword, to remove the BMP Deterioration that VRS causes with each export.

Headgear, and Guns both have a single weight to them.. so they can be ported in the fashion. Also if you wanted to make this (Trion's Sword) into a Great Sword, you would do the same steps; but instead of opening a sub sword, you would open a GS DAT, and you would have to do some adjusting of the DAT so it "fits" properly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section