Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default DATs not showing in game

I first noticed this problem with the original, brown-haired Yuna Mithra face, and now with alot of gear/bodies I changed colors (etc) on. Theyare no longer showing in the game. They are shown fine in the model viewers but not in-game. Any one else ever have this problem ( I'm sure yall have)? Wha all do I need to do to correct the roblem? I assumed that if a mod worked in VRS and and in the model viewers w/o hesitation, there wouldn't be any problems in showing it in game. Oh and one more question, very dumb question at that. How do I post the work I have done? Most is incomplete, but if any one else wants to finish it off, knock yourself out. The first thing I did with VRS was modify the Hume F armor like I requested in my first posting, and that went well. However, my very first true mod was making a mithra version. It came out good except for the fact the hands are off for all other armor sets. I moved the armor of the arms in closer, but I guess I should have pivoted them in closer at the shoulders while retaining thier wrist position. This is a pic of said mod. I guess I could say I've done alot, but this is the most decent looking one to show in public.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I hope I'm the only one who's confused.

That mod is pretty, by the way. :)
Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

What I mean is, say I modify a face, it shows in altana and ffxiModelViewer just fine. However, when I check to see the mod in-game there is an empty(blank) space, headless. Actually that is happening with my char's face. It saved just fine in VRS and showed up w/o hisitation in both model viewers, but it doen't come up in-game, same with the brown haired Yuna mithra face, which I didn't modify at all.Any mithra that is using the face I switched out for the Yuna face is headless. But this isn't only happening to those faces alone, this is occuring to alot of gear I modified. Instead of said amors showing up in-game, its all just a blank area for that armor, and not showing any thing in that area at all (say its a modified kirin osode, no osode is shown only an empty space). I have no idea why though. Hopefully that clearafies(sp) my problem. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but could it be the dds files I made and am using in the dats?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Oh, but if you were confused about what I meant about the armor in the pic, I mean any other gauntlets or hands used with that body will be off centered. To make the arms of the armor align with the arms of the nude torso, I made to move them inwards to the torso on the X-plane. Thus the only hands/gloves that aren't offset with the odin body is the odin gloves. Also, thanks for the compliment Wenrick.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

This should deffinately clear things up.
This is what I see in model Viewer.

And this is what I see in-game.

and some random people and NPCs

Old 02-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I doubt this will be any help, but I had the same problem but no where near as extreme. I deleted or copied over the wrong dat once and when ever someone with the weapon came near me my game would crash. I also deleted a head and didint replace it and when I got near a npc with that face the game would crash as well, or some just show like your pics as being nothing there.
The best (and only) advice I could give you is to check all your dats in model viewer and see if it cant find any. Easiest way is to just go in model viewer and then go race by race and start with head slot for example and just hold down the down arrow key. Model viewer should tell you if there is any errors in the bottm right corner of it.
Hopefully this helps and doesent cofuse you. And good luck finding out what happened.

Edit I also thought some of those pics might be from sets say in japanese text where you cant read them and you just put them to where you thought they should be and two dats might be mixed up. For example: the head where the body should be and the body where the head should be so if you replaced the two dats for your character it might work out fine, but with someone else only using one of those dats it will be missing something and the game would just show a blank slot where a dat should be.
Hope it helps if any.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I thought that might be the case. But I checked but the dats were still there. For instance, Hume M face I changed were 1-27-96/97/98, and all were still there. This will sound pretty dumb, but could it have something to do with the alpha-mapping thing I have seen people mention before?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If all the pics there are of dats that you alpha mapped and there not working I would agree with everyone else and say that something for sure is happening when you alpha map dats. (Way to state the obvious huh) Why its happening I dont know. Im still pretty new to VRS and cant offer much insight. I always alpha mapped usiing just paint and then GC3 so Im no use here.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I think I may have figured it out. Had an epiphany during besige, yeah I know strange place to have one. I think my problem boils down to one Devil word spewed from the lips of Satan himself....Vista. =/
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I was right, its Vista hiding my files again. =/ Thanks for trying to help though To_Dupre, much love for at least trying.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner