Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Calea
Forum Member

Default A questions about all mods

When you mod something, can OTHER people see the changes? After all they don't have the mod loaded on THEIR computer, so would they just see it as normal?

I'd like to know before I go prancing about nude or show up tot an exp party in super elite-looking gear that gets me in trouble.

And if that's the case, I'll still not get an O-hat because if it only looks cool to me but still makes me look like an idiot to everyone else, there's no point.

Anyone? Can others see my mods? If I make myself naked is it just me that sees the change or everyone?

For that matter what about the changed emotes, like the Luto sway? Can everyone else see that?

-Calea
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

All model data is on client side, so only you can see the mod
Old 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
All model data is on client side, so only you can see the mod
Yes, and basically everything that is a visual effect is in the model data. That means motions, appearance, event interface changes, and text changes.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #4
Random
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

the only way they would see it if it was in the server
Old 08-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random
It's not, character data is server side. Visual data is client side, all client side effect only that client.

That's how it is for this game, anything you see that is visual is client. It's the same old method Quake uses, graphics you see is only the graphics on your side. However, quake has the share function so if it finds a player with a unique model it's possible for them to share that model to someone else.

Basically only way anyone will see what you do is if they get the same .dat and replace it just like you did. Thats for this game, it's possible to put graphics server side and restrict any type of altering but not very practicle because is seriously hinders performance.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Calea
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random
It's not, character data is server side. Visual data is client side, all client side effect only that client.

That's how it is for this game, anything you see that is visual is client. It's the same old method Quake uses, graphics you see is only the graphics on your side. However, quake has the share function so if it finds a player with a unique model it's possible for them to share that model to someone else.

Basically only way anyone will see what you do is if they get the same .dat and replace it just like you did. Thats for this game, it's possible to put graphics server side and restrict any type of altering but not very practicle because is seriously hinders performance.

So if someone else uses the naked mithra model, they'll see me when I'm naked if they're using the same file?

Wow. I wonder, if I use the file, if I'll suddenly start seeing naked mithra everywhere where before I just saw the standard. I suppose it'd have to be the exact same file replacing the exact same piece of equipment.

So unfortunately my making the Ohat look cooler will only be me dillusioning myself. Oh well, guess I won't go through the trouble of getting it afterall.

On the other hand it's good news because if I go around naked I won't be banned or something. This kind of worried me. Thank you!

Hmmm... so does anyone think they could make me a jester's cap headgear mod? I'd like to use it for the Ohat so whenever I see anyone wearing it they look REALLY stupid.

-Calea
Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

[quote="Calea"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Hmmm... so does anyone think they could make me a jester's cap headgear mod? I'd like to use it for the Ohat so whenever I see anyone wearing it they look REALLY stupid.
-Calea
they already do :P

And pft, if they did see you as a naked mithra, they wouldn't ban you, they'd stalk you. :wink:
Old 09-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Oh yes... YOu'll be seeing ALOT of nekked Mithras if you replace the mithra no gear with nekked mod :O i mean ALOT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section