Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default NPCs and Mobbs not listed in Model viewer.

While heading some where in-game I noticed a group of "kittens" grouped together, and it dawned on me, that both model viewers only list one "kittek" in thier files, but there are clearly more than one. This lead to revivng my hope in beign able to use the differnt tiger skins I have. I was hoping to use the bangel tiger in frozen lands, the orange tiger in Aht Uhrgan territory, and the traditional black one for the pasts smilidon, as well as the 55 lvl-cap nm and rng nm. So I was wondering if any knows if there are more tiger locations other than the two listed in both model viewer? I would like to get a complete list of all mobs and NPCs if possible. The game would be so much better if there was more variety other than pink flamingoes and black cats every where heh.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I think it is because model viewer hasent been updated in years, so you have to manually select the ToAU WoTG or CoP folder for it to show those npc's.
Altana Viewer is another good viewer that should show you everything with out manually having to change the folder each time, and I think also restart the program as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled_817.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	20588  
Old 02-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Saddly some NPCs don't show in Altana either. I know it only shows two different tigers and just one "kitten" in there also. Tried manually going through folders looking for other tiger locations, but yea that sux. Guess there is only two dats for the tigers, but there is more than one for the "kittens" for sure, to bad its not them that I really want to change all that much heh.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

They could be part of the area DAT.

1-5-3.DAT Black Tiger
1-5-4.DAT Byakko (White with purple strips)
5-8-19.DAT Smilodon (Past tigers)

There is no way to control which zone uses which dat.. (for example the tigers in Carpenter's Landing are the same DATs as those in Batallia Downs, B. Thickets, etc.)
Old 02-22-2008, 05:03 AM   #5
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yeah those were the only two tiger locals I saw. Guess they didn't post them in any other location then. Thanks for the info about them possiblly incorperating those NPCs into the zone, I never thought of that. That would make sence why I can't find those NPCs. I just changed the past fungers into the orange tigers for now heh.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardec
Yeah those were the only two tiger locals I saw. Guess they didn't post them in any other location then. Thanks for the info about them possiblly incorperating those NPCs into the zone, I never thought of that. That would make sence why I can't find those NPCs. I just changed the past fungers into the orange tigers for now heh.
Wait, huh?... where did you see tiger cubs? I didn't mean that other tigers (the ones that are viewable in MV) would be part of the zone .DAT... SE recycles DATs so there is no way (as I mentioned before) to have different colored Mobs in different zones if they use the same .DAT.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

In that, I meant the other mithra "kittens", beside the one that is shown in model viewer, might be a part of the zone. Don't remember off hand where I saw the multiple ones, but as we all know there are ones in each major city-state and Jeuno for the mog-house exit quests. Since I can't locate those, I am guessing that they might be part of the zones or something. But yeah, I know SE saddly over uses mob repeatidly to point where its really sad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner