Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

Default Mithra Healing Port (Please assist!) ; ;

Hello again everyone. I came across someone looking for a healing motion on here the other day for humes. Someone posted a similar version of what they were looking for and I kinda (for lack of a better way of saying it) fell in love with the dat. UNFORTUNATELY, its the one thing not made for mithra (that I've seen anyway).

I've been working with vrs lately and I hate to say this but I fail at it misterably. :D

Would someone mind porting this kneeling stance to mithra for me if possible. I swear if you do this I'll be greatful for....ever. Been looking for something like this for a very long time ; ;

Thanks to whom ever pounces on this for me a head of time!

~Jae
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	healing_129.png
Views:	48
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	20893  
Attached Files
File Type: dat 1_32_58_172.dat (1.42 MB, 75 views)
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Honestly me posting here is prob just a waste of time. I know a little (well actually VERY little when it comes to VRS) I cant even get VRS to load skeletons for some reason. If I can figure out what Im doing wrong, Im willing to try but from what I know of VRS motions are headaches waiting to happen. Maybe we both will get lucky though.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

I really do hope its possible that someone can tackle this for me. I don't think I've ever wanted a mod so bad in my life. XD Thank you for trying to attempt this (if you do.)
Old 03-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

Awe darn I guess this isn't possible? ; ;
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

not that it isn't possible it's just I don't think many are well versed in porting from hume to mithra when it comes to motions. Gear is another thing, that is kinda easy actually...but motions are a little different. This one has no tail motion which would have to be added or you'd end up with the straight inanimate tail problem no to mention have to add in the ears too...so like I said it isn't as simple as just porting the motion...it's that other portions have to be added in.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Possible but not probable...motion editing is difficult from what I understand, and few dat modders venture into them without losing sanity or at least most of their hair.

If I wasn't so bogged down with college, work, and my wedding in two months I might download VRS and try to tackle this...would be an awesome mod to have.

If you feel adventurous, try downloading Wenrick's tutorials. I haven't watched/listened to them yet but from his amazing work, definitely recommended to at least get you started. Maybe you can figure it out yourself. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Im still trying this but like Mira_Kitty said "motion editing is difficult from what I understand, and few dat modders venture into them without losing sanity or at least most of their hair. " Im using this guide by Nomidos VRS Motion Guide at ffxi dats but still nothing that looks decent yet. Ill try keep working on this but its been a pretty hard battle so far.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #8
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

Am still amazingly greatful that you're attempting this. I appreciate it more than you know ^^
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira_Kitty
Possible but not probable...motion editing is difficult from what I understand, and few dat modders venture into them without losing sanity or at least most of their hair.
I look like Jean Reno (according to Rina), except with no hair and no sanity!

Well, that is, until I put VRS away and checked into a mental institution. Met Brittney Spears. Never realized she was so f***ed up. "No, Brittney, you don't put your food in that hole."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira_Kitty
If you feel adventurous, try downloading Wenrick's tutorials. I haven't watched/listened to them yet but from his amazing work, definitely recommended to at least get you started. Maybe you can figure it out yourself. Good luck!
Thanks for the compliment!

Yes, porting this would be enough to send me back into relapse. I think making it from scratch would be much easier. Even then it would probably take 10 hours of work.

By the way, the tail wouldn't be too difficult, seeing as the standard Mithra heal has the tail being almost in a static position. Same with the sit motion. Just assign it a position and keep the motion wave flat. You can also do the same for the ears.

Oh and I need to work on more motion mods before I decide to make a motion editing tutorial. Still not comfortable with them yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

Ah well, still hope someone can attempt this for me. I've tried in VRS over the last week but as I said before, me and VRS just don't work. Its a whole new lingo that I just don't quite get.

And also, thank you Wenny for that bunch of useful information. Always nice to know what we're working with. I'm sorry to hear you had to spend time around Brittany. ^_~
Old 03-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I dont know for sure if Im getting somewhere or just getting your hopes up. It almost looks to me like if I can get the upper legs to swing foward, this will almost work. Having some troubles still cant get it to save and show up in game so hopefully I can fix this soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wow_588.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	20974  
Old 03-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #12
jeauno
I'ngkeu Sabhoka
Forum Member

Well here is to hoping you can make it work. ^^

:)
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #13
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I really hate to say it, but I think Im going to have to officially quit on this one. Long story short, I started work again and my free time is now work time. Again I do appologize I guess vrs motions are a little still out there for me, and Ive run out of time to figure out what Im doing wrong.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section