Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
Suterusu
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Need a special dat

I'm trying to recreate the fly thru free chase cam from the title screen. Going to 2box my char and a camera, I need the camera to be a special dat tho. What I need is to be able to play the camera in 3rd person but WITHOUT seeing the char thats being played as the camera. Kind of like invising yourself, but you are 100% invisible. Some ideas i've had would be to make the char .dat extremely small so you couldn't see it -or- making it so your char appears like 50 feet above you (there by keeping you from seeing yourself) The idea is to be able to clear the HUD on the camera, and go 3rd person and have a mobile camera I can get at different angles for filming. I plan on using a galka for this if that makes any difference for the .dat. Any help would be great, thanks!

if you didnt get any of that, i just need a dat that makes a galka perma 100% invis
Old 03-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Could remove all the DATS, or replace them with blanks like the no equip hat.

If those cause game crashes, just scale down all the equip you plan to use in meta so you can't see it and turn /names off.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

You could also take all your equipment in VRS and "hide" all the mesh objects for the dats you plan to use.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #4
Suterusu
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

hmmm i think im still looking for something more simple, like the char of a galka is 50 feet in the air so it never appears on the screen, but you camera is still in the same spot
Old 03-11-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I agree with Wenrick. Following his tutorials it would take you roughly 3-5 minutes to hide your dats and it would be very simple to fix them in vrs, or just back them up and replace when your done.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Suterusu
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

hmm i do have VRS or know how to use it :( but i plan on using a naked galka if that helps at all
Old 03-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Wenrick's tutorials are on point. No b/s I own 99.99% of what I know of VRS to him and his tutorials.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section