Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
lordcruxis
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Lousy asses

Seriously I can't get any help on fighting Crimson-toothed Pawberry for my carby mitts
I have the item just no one wants to help fight
Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

i had the same prob...was SMN75 for over 6 months when i got help for those...and after that another 6 months, 15 claims and 6 drops til i get my yy robe... : :

Best way is grab some merc to kill it for u...a badass NIN + RDM can duo it...just take looooooong...
Old 03-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

I got them at level 11 SMN...
>.>;;;;
Old 03-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I feel ya. I took me 2-3 weeks to unlock Detonator. And now I can't find anyone to help me unlock my Coffinmaker.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I can't recall how long I tried to get my own LS to help me camp Morbolger for the last item needed for my Brown Belt when his spawn time was in EST, where most of the guild was, when I had the exact time, pos, everything... and no one wanted to be arsed. (He was also camped by 2 JP mnks with Black Belts... I'm guessing they were there to make sure lolAmericans like me couldn't proceed with the quest line) back when you couldn't do a BCNM for the vine.

Also the time I got kicked from my LS because I made an event to do the fights to get my final Fist and Staff WS without an officers permission... when I was one myself. That was fun.

I gave up ever getting the YY robe or Carby mitts when I was leveling Summoner. (Didn't get to 75 with it... just 60. Don't think I even got the AF due to people refusing to help unless I paid them.)

Granted all this was well over a year ago but I can't imagine people being any different now.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I also forgot to mention I'm having trouble getting my LS to do a DM run even when ppl need the earring... I'm thinking I should just farm 1.7M and hire 17 BLMs 100K each to manaburn it.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Yeah, I never, ever managed to do that. Apparently Monk, Samurai, and Dragoon are worthless for it... or everyone just wants to take the easy way out. I didn't even want the earring that much. I just wanted to finish a story-line in FF-11... besides Bastok rank 10 mission. (And even then it was probably over a month before I got people to do it)
Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #8
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I know how you feel, I didn't care about the earring. I just wanted to finish Zilart. But everytime I shouted ppl kept asking "Is it DM?" and declined when I told them.

IMO this is the 2nd worst thing about FFXI and something I'd gladly warn ppl about if they thought of purchasing it.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #9
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
IMO this is the 2nd worst thing about FFXI and something I'd gladly warn ppl about if they thought of purchasing it.
Sadly it's going to be like that in any MMO
Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I dunno... you'd only need to warn people about how stagnant the end-game is without either an Arena Team (which I despise PVP so that leaves me out) or a kick ass raiding guild to do any real content for WoW. Pretty damn easy and user friendly 1-70. Going to be the same 1-whatever with the next expansion.

Fun to the top and then it's... "Why the hell am I playing this?"
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #11
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovivi
Quote:
Sadly it's going to be like that in any MMO
Yeah, but most MMOs don't require you to need help for nearly EVERYTHING you do. I mean crap, you need help with almost everything if it's your first time playing.

1. Subjob
2. Some advanced jobs (Okay, maybe not this, but a high level can be a life saver)
3. AF
4. Genkais
5. Quests
6. Missions

In most MMOs most quests can be done solo, I can understand how making you require a PT for some quests is a good idea, but FFXI really overdid it.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #12
IHM
Hiding in the shadows~~~
Forum Member

I said as a joke I wanted to get mine to my linkshell and a few hours later I had people helping me get it >_>

I'd offer to help but I'm on a different server :/
Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #13
djkn
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Threads like this make me glad I'm not in a hardcore endgame LS. We do everything that doesn't require sitting in a zone 3 hours trying to outclaim 100 people for a mob. Even then, we don't have events but 4 days of the week. Social first and foremost, endgame second. People are friendly, and it works out great. I don't envy people that "get" to do ground kings.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #14
Nikitty
Forum Member

I can relate. Finding help can be a huge pain in the ass sometimes. I think it's just all about the people you know.

Carbuncle mitts aren't terribly hard to get. I've duo'd them twice. Once as a WHM/BLM and a SAM/...NIN? It was sort of messy, and I (the whm) died near the very end. My inventory wasn't full like it normally is, though, so I got the mitts and all was well.

The second time I did this it went much, much more smoothly. This time the duo was BST/NIN and WHM/BLM.

I notice your sig doesn't say you're 75... so maybe finding two other people would be best.

What I"m trying to say is: You just need a few friends that you trust. You'll be surprised what ya'll can accomplish.

Don't give up~
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #15
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Yeah, not being an anti-social prick like me certainly helps. :P
Old 03-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #16
lolmithra
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Your location says hades/remora.. if the character that needs carby mitts is on Remora post your ingame name and times your available here and we'll work something out. I can solo it rather easily and will gladly do it for free. If that character is on hades sorry I can't do anything /=
Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #17
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitty
I can relate. Finding help can be a huge pain in the ass sometimes. I think it's just all about the people you know.

Carbuncle mitts aren't terribly hard to get. I've duo'd them twice. Once as a WHM/BLM and a SAM/...NIN? It was sort of messy, and I (the whm) died near the very end. My inventory wasn't full like it normally is, though, so I got the mitts and all was well.

The second time I did this it went much, much more smoothly. This time the duo was BST/NIN and WHM/BLM.

I notice your sig doesn't say you're 75... so maybe finding two other people would be best.

What I"m trying to say is: You just need a few friends that you trust. You'll be surprised what ya'll can accomplish.

Don't give up~
Sadly, that shit doesn't work either.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #18
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitty

Don't give up~
Sadly, that shit doesn't work either.
This worked for me 90% of the time ^^ family play (mom + sis) and a bud that always helped me with anything i needed always was enough ^^b (not my sis...she keeps dropping her character and making a new one...i wonder if she ever will be 75 >.<)

But that's it for me...3 ppl 75 usually worked cool...too bad sometimes u need too specific jobs to use little ppl...like carby mitts...you can't just go there with random 3 jobs and kill it. my luck we cover a lot of jobs/roles together...i'm SMN/PLD/WHM75, mom is WHM/BLM/SAM75 and my bud WAR/MNK/BLU/WHM/DRG75 so even when we need people we already have a good start...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Doesn't work for me, my "friends" are usually too busy sucking off their linkshell to help. Which is funny since I can't even get my linkshell to help me with simple tasks.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #20
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Doesn't work for me, my "friends" are usually too busy sucking off their linkshell to help. Hell, I can't even get my linkshell to help me with simple tasks.
Ya...LS ppl ususally doesn't count...i can count with my fingers the number of time of, when i asked LS for help, ppl just came help me (after ~5 yeras of FF)...same from friend list...ppl only remember about me when they need a tank or avatar power but r always busy when i need them...

My luck was this guy who plays with me...we started with like an week difference, met by "fate" (he was trying to reequip his armor removed by mistake and i helped him ^^) and, after that, we kept playing together ^^ I'd leave a dynamis or even a nidhogg fight to go help him if he ever ask, and i bet he would do the same for me ^^ That's how i wish these LS ppl would be...no need to just warp away from nidhogg and stuff, but a "sure, after we finish this mofo we can do it" already would be good enough IMO...but all i get is "sorry, i have to go xp with my SCH5...wanna PL me?" or the "(Have stuff to do. Gotta go.)" and then they go fish in windy...

That's why now i don't help any known ppl with almost anything...i grew tired of it...even tho sometimes i help some random n00bs' shouts just for fun...but it's like "don't dare begging me for help with random /t's...start shouting"...

But u know, that's when you see SE fail about te fellow NPC...they should've made it in a way you could customize it as you want...like FF XII...importing the gambit system for this game would rock so much...and then allow them to enter on every place...BCs, past, ToA, dyna, etc...because this way even if you wont control them, it would be way better than w/o NPCs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff