Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
Silence
Forum Member

Default Silence's Mithra mods

Hi there. I've been a lurker here for a long, long time and finally decided to start posting some of my stuff. Most of my mods are simple little things that almost any PC-literate person could do, but nevertheless I feel it's the least I can do to repay these forums for making my FFXI life more fun =). There are so many amazing mods out there, but everyone has their own little ideas for touchups... and that is exactly what my mods are - just little touchups to pre-existing mods that I personally enjoy, and I hope you enjoy them too.

Disclaimer: I take no credit for the creation of the original dats used in these mods. These were all done either from SE's original dats or from other modders' dats which I really liked. Unfortunately, I don't have most of the names of the original creators... but either way I hope none of the authors mind me modifying their excellent work ^^; (and if you do, send me a message and I'll take them down <_< >_>)

Kirin's Osode from the togi collection, with larger bust. Also, Byakko's Haidate which i made a little shorter and added some more shape to the legs =)

Most of my mods are in their early stages... let me know if you see any clipping issues and i'll do what I can. More to come, hope you like this stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 63_966.dat (23.4 KB, 344 views)
File Type: dat 49_148.dat (163.5 KB, 320 views)
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
Silence
Forum Member

Hecatomb harness mod that I loved... now with bigger bewbs!

P.S. anybody know the author of the mod this is based on? I looove this one.

Attached Files
File Type: dat 50_791.dat (177.7 KB, 298 views)
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
Silence
Forum Member

A busty (seeing a pattern here yet?) version of Takari's Ninja AF.

Suggestions for alterations are always welcome... but like I said, this is all just simple stuff using meta... I don't really care enough to teach myself VRS (I experimented a bit and hated the interface... seemed more like work than play)

That's all for now... I should get some more done over the next week or so.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 63_168.dat (140.6 KB, 315 views)
Old 03-27-2008, 04:57 AM   #4
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Nice mods, a tad to large for me but nicely made none the less :)
Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
Silence
Forum Member

Haha what can I say... Mayhem's mods rubbed off on me, everything else I see looks tiny to me in comparison <_<
Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I agree with Zer0, however one thing I am noticing on the Haidate is that you need to decrease the shadow. It looks like you just stretched the material up, leaving the shadow at it's original location, and covering what you "removed" when you made it shorter... hope that made sense.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
Cara
Forum Member

These are very nice, thank you for posting them.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Silence
Forum Member

Quote:
one thing I am noticing on the Haidate is that you need to decrease the shadow. It looks like you just stretched the material up, leaving the shadow at it's original location, and covering what you "removed" when you made it shorter... hope that made sense.
Yeah that is exactly what I did - like I said above, most of my mods are still in their preliminary stages (in that I haven't finished learning all the programs yet). I'm sure I'll have the haidate updated within a week or so, once I figure out UV mapping in these crazy programs.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence
Quote:
one thing I am noticing on the Haidate is that you need to decrease the shadow. It looks like you just stretched the material up, leaving the shadow at it's original location, and covering what you "removed" when you made it shorter... hope that made sense.
Yeah that is exactly what I did - like I said above, most of my mods are still in their preliminary stages (in that I haven't finished learning all the programs yet). I'm sure I'll have the haidate updated within a week or so, once I figure out UV mapping in these crazy programs.
There are a couple guides on UV (not completed yet though) over at ffxidats.com, however fixing that shadow can be done just to the texture, there would be next to no reason to change it via the UV.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
Silence
Forum Member

OK, I had some free time today so I tried to fix the shadow on the Haidate using Meta (still not up for learning VRS just yet). The changes show up just fine in Meta, and it looks great... but saving over the MQO then importing into Model Viewer like I usually do (and like all the guides are telling me to do) isn't changing anything, both in Model Viewer and in the game. Is there something different I need to do for texture changes to take effect?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #11
DaKatMan
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Zomg more like theses please! <3
Old 03-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
MadHermit
Forum Member

These are beautiful. I love Mayhem's mods as well, please continue!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #13
Silence
Forum Member

Just noticed when I took my WAR out today... the alterations to the Byakko's Haidate kinda make the bottom half of the thigh area disappear when wearing high boots (WAR AF feet, crimson greaves, things like that)=x. I figured out what caused it, and will post the fix later, after someone could kindly answer the question in my last post about texturing so I only have to post one fix instead of 2... ^^;

Anywho, here's a little something to hold you over until then. This was a lower poly model so it's a bit "blockier", but I still think it turned out nice. The original was done by Rayne, who used Takari's Summoner skirt as the base model (I believe) and can be found here

Attached Files
File Type: dat 75_158.dat (187.4 KB, 195 views)
Old 03-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #14
Mayhem
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
but saving over the MQO then importing into Model Viewer like I usually do (and like all the guides are telling me to do) isn't changing anything
That should be all you need to do. Tried doing those exact same steps myself to make sure there isn't something strange going on, worked out fine for me.[/quote]
Old 03-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #15
Silence
Forum Member

I have no idea what the problem is then... here's my render from Meta

and when I save the MQO and import into model viewer, it just kinda ignores it and goes with the old version <_<

Would anyone be willing to fix this up and post it? Here's the dat with the fixed "disappearing" thingy on the legs, but still with the fugly shadow.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 63_452.dat (23.4 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence
Would anyone be willing to fix this up and post it? Here's the dat with the fixed "disappearing" thingy on the legs, but still with the fugly shadow.
Here ya go. You did need to adjust the UV on this, simply because you did all your adjustments in Meta. You could have edited the texture in photoshop, and achieved the same effect by just making the shorted a bit smaller in the texture. But either way works.

(fix sent via PM)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_legs_fix_829.png
Views:	111
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	21606  
Old 03-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #17
Silence
Forum Member

Thanks a lot Draco. Working on figuring out what the problem was... I tried a lot of different armor, and no matter what I try to do to the textures, the import into Model Viewer never works.

More goodies for everyone~

Busty Jujitsu Gi from the Togi collection, and Busty PLD AF from the doublet collection.

Still in early stages like the rest of my stuff, I'll let you know when I update them.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 89_169.dat (158.1 KB, 251 views)
File Type: dat 49_201.dat (160.8 KB, 243 views)
Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
DaKatMan
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Can u make THF(AF1 and2) and drg next? :3
Old 03-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #19
Silence
Forum Member

Haha, I was working on THF already :p It's a bit trickier than the others but I should have it done pretty soon... I tried using the Lowtech port but it didn't work out too well. Like I said, I'm nowhere near as good as most of the modders out there... but my dedication to breasts knows no equal, so I try.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
DaKatMan
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hurray for breasts! ^-^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats