Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Missing DAT and FFXI "Dead Zone" question

Was hoping someone could post the DAT for Nobles Bed for me:1-74-27 for me. Also, I have a question regarding if the changing of DATs could cause certain areas of zone cause you to always crash when you approach them. For some time now I haven't been able to go to certain areasin the game, and I was told that the DAT swapping I have done could be the coulpret(sp). So I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue before and what they did to fixt it. Was going through some folders and noticed that in ROM4 folder 0, there isn't a number 4,5,23, or 38 DAT. Is this how it originally is or have I some how deleted them? If anyone wouldn't mind checking in thier folder it would be much appreciated. Thank You in addvanced.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: Missing DAT and FFXI "Dead Zone" question

1-74-27.DAT

Which zones are you having problems with, and do you have sound enabled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardec
Was going through some folders and noticed that in ROM4 folder 0, there isn't a number 4,5,23, or 38 DAT. Is this how it originally is or have I some how deleted them? If anyone wouldn't mind checking in thier folder it would be much appreciated. Thank You in addvanced.
That is how it is, maybe open for future additions.. or SE just can't count. :P
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Thank you for both the DAT and taking the time to look in your folder for me. As for the zones I am having problems in, at first it was just mainly Port Bastok. However after awhile it spread to Port Jueno, Upper Jueno, Lower Jueno, Aht Uhrgan(sp) White Gate near Naja's Headquater's doors, and near the NPC that lists all the Salvage gear sets, and now finally the far lower sout-east section/corner of Bastok Markets.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well my guess is that maybe there is a .DAT mod that one of the NPC might be wearing, but if you don't experience said "deadness" if you come across a PC wearing that piece.. then that might rule that out.

Have you tried running the Final Fantasy XI file check from the POL Viewer (before you log into one of your Content IDs)
Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Don't know if this helps or not, but I onced deleted a mithran head and every time I ran by that Mithra in Lower Jeuno the game would boot me. I should of done what Dracovivi said and just used the pol file checker, but what I did is just go file by file in the model viewer (which took forever) till I got to the mithra section and saw I was missing a head.
Also are you changing dats while ffxi is running? I know if I change dats in Whitegate as soon as I get near the AH it will kick me every single time.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #6
howardec
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I tried running the check file when the issue first started to get really bad, but it listed every dat I changed in as corupted, so that didn't really help me narrow it down. But I only change DATs when I'm not on the game. I'm guessing my best guess will be to check every hume male dat, I believe there r hume males at all these spots I crash. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll check them all. However, I have noticed that the no equip DATs I use for hume male don't seem to work properly. With various head gear the jean pants don't show at all which I find very odd, and the converse sneakers have a wierd pixelated look to them. Both of those DATs look fine in model viewer but don't show well in game which is sad, I like the "Urban no equip" look better than the original. If I don't find anything else wrong I guess they may be the culprets. I'll look thru my DATs again and let you tonight. and Ill post a pic of the Hume no equip gears I am reffering to aswell, thanx for the insight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section