Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Insane
what
Forum Member

Default Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core

If you have a psp this is a MUST buy for it. The music and cutsences are amazing for the psp. The gameplay is similar to the kingdom heart series and the limit breaks go well with the Digital Mind Wheell(DMW, even though they randomly act on their own spinning like a slot machine). I just now beat it on normal and the ending is rather sad...also watch the credits for something special at the end of them.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

downloaded it say a week or 2 ago it is a great game
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Don't have a PSP, only game I really want for one is the Castlevania series they released for it since I never got a chance to play SotN.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

beaten it twice and I'm only a few missions away from Minerva, but I've got a lot of fusion to do before I face her.

The game's story, especially the second half, explains almost everything I've ever felt needed clarifying in the ff7 narrative, which is really awesome. Even if they did change a few things, the changes weren't major and they were for the better I think.

One of the scenes which I think was a major plot turn was kind of just thrown in there and I bet many people would've missed it. I don't want to say enough to spoil it, but its one of the ending cutscenes and has to do with genesis and a helicopter. Anyone else catch this wtf moment?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Frappuccino42
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I've been playing it everyday for the past week trying to get all missions done. I'm at 49% (God, there are a ton of them) and level 48.

I'm at Nibelheim, but I don't know if I want to progress further in the story until I clear everything I can.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Insane
what
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curunir
with genesis and a helicopter. Anyone else catch this wtf moment?
I looked it up after I saw that part..it explains the stuff happening in Dirge of Cerberus. I never played the game but it has some stuff about genesis in it.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

it makes you think wow clouds a right pussy compared to zack
Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
IHM
Hiding in the shadows~~~
Forum Member

Crisis core is sweet, I like how SE seem to have went out the way to say nothing about cloud is original and he completely copies Zack.

Haven't played the US version that much really, been busy with other stuff, but I had completed most of the JP version back when that came out last year, regardless, the game is cool, although, the DMW leveling system is annoying, I never hit 777 :(
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHM
Crisis core is sweet, I like how SE seem to have went out the way to say nothing about cloud is original and he completely copies Zack.

Haven't played the US version that much really, been busy with other stuff, but I had completed most of the JP version back when that came out last year, regardless, the game is cool, although, the DMW leveling system is annoying, I never hit 777 :(
He has his own memories and zack's memories mixed up. The only things about himself that he replaces with zack are the few moments when hes with zack, such as the visit to nibelheim etc. He was subjected to the mako chamber in shinra mansion for over 4 years, and unlike zack he had never been exposed to mako before that time, so thats why he got sick and his head got fucked up - and its also why he was significantly stronger afterward (strong enough to pretend he was actually in soldier).

As for the DMW leveling, its a bit of a sham - there really is an invisible experience counter, and every mob gives experience. You will almost always get 777 when you have enough exp to level, and it can happen multiple times in one fight if you kill enough mobs (like the final shinra training mission with 1000 infantrymen). Its kind of nice leveling at an appropriate pace without having to feel like you're grinding by staring at an xp bar. Levelups after 50 or so are mostly negligible anyways, then it becomes all about fusion for stat ups.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #10
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

which coffin has vincent in it?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arucart
which coffin has vincent in it?
The door on the left, just before the library, the closest coffin to the door on the right side. The lid starts to open and zack says "someone is asleep inside, I better leave him alone" and thats it. You don't actually get to see him, or at least I couldn't figure out how.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
Sunstone28
Retired Mithran WhiteMage
Forum Member

its a good game...though i have it, i dont have the time to play it just yet...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Quote:
How were you able to play it?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Quote:
How were you able to play it?
I downloaded it too

I'm running 3.80 M33-4 custom firmware, runs iso's/cso's
Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #15
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Custom Firmware on your PSP? I thought the game would automatically update your system.. Anyway my real question is how do you burn a PSP game, I thought Sony never released the drive for doing that.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Custom Firmware on your PSP? I thought the game would automatically update your system.. Anyway my real question is how do you burn a PSP game, I thought Sony never released the drive for doing that.
You don't, you download the cso/iso and run it off the memory stick. 4gb stick is like $50 and will hold 3-4 psp games at a time plus various homebrew. Games load much faster off the memory stick than a UMD anyways, so I ripped all my UMD games onto there as well.

If you've got 2.9+ google pandora's battery for instructions on how to downgrade in order to get custom firmware. Otherwise with 2.8 or lower its a pretty simple process if you can find the guide, via software.

Some games do require updated firmware, but there are fixes for that in custom firmware via dark alex's time machine, or by loading up a different kernal. Most of it is pretty easy to figure out and everything else can easily be google'd.

I had 3.9 last week, and modded it and was playing god of war like 4 hours after reading up on it. Its pretty simple, but I ended up breaking my battery and had to buy a new one, since I used the hard mod method - if you know someone who lives near you with a modded psp you can do the soft mod and be less likely to damage the battery.

Youtube has a ton of video tutorials on psp modding, I suggest watching all of them on a particular topic before doing anything, as every website/guide/video will have unique information and you don't want to brick your psp, or break your battery like I did.

If you really don't want to mess with your battery, you can check craigslist or something, there are always people near you who will charge you like $25 to use their jigkick/pandora and install CFW for you, which is much cheaper than having to buy a new battery. Either way, as expensive as UMD's are, it takes about 2 hours of cso downloading for a memstick+battery to pay for itself.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #17
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Actually I don't have a PSP anymore. I'm feeling really tempted to buy another one with Crisis Core. But once I beat the game I might end up trading the system in again.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #18
Curunir
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I love mine, I'd never get rid of it

Can play any pc emulator on it (nes/mame/snes/n64/psx/sega/gba whatever really), and there are hundreds of psp games that you can download in less than an hour from www.pspisoz.com

Not to mention all the neat shit you can do with homebrew and other things sony inclues, like the location free player - can watch streaming, hi quality cable TV anywhere theres an internet hotspot

Hell, I've even got mine setup to use as a TV remote in my room since I lost my old remote. Using that same program I can set it up to stream mp3's from my PC's wireless connection while playing games on it.

I still haven't even scratched the surface either, I just got the thing fully modded 7 days ago.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #19
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

why'd zack have to die :cry: but for some reason playing this game made me want to play FF9
Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #20
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Welp, I went out and bought a brand spanking new PSP, hard case and Crisis Core. :D These new 2000 models are sweet, especially with the new TV-Out and Skype program. Once I get the component cables I can play CC on my TV when at home. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions