Regular Forum User
Forum Member

wtf are u downloaidng it with o_O
a fucking mobile phone D:??
Old 09-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

lmao looks like it XD But its my computer ... 2gigs,Wireless DSL,Gforce6200fx,80GB and its taking this Freakin LONG!

Freakin World of Warcraft updats take like 10mins on my computer ... This is why I Hate Not being able to update while your account is Canceled .... they could learn a thing or 2 from WoW that would make FFXI run better. like one get rid of PS2 FFXI :P jk .. not really.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero
lmao looks like it XD But its my computer ... 2gigs,Wireless DSL,Gforce6200fx,80GB and its taking this Freakin LONG!

Freakin World of Warcraft updats take like 10mins on my computer ... This is why I Hate Not being able to update while your account is Canceled .... they could learn a thing or 2 from WoW that would make FFXI run better. like one get rid of PS2 FFXI :P jk .. not really.
Ehh, decent up till the Wireless DSL. That doesn't say if it's the 802.11b or 802.11g standard and then also what settings is it at for it's WiFi. You're bottle neck can be in there along with if you are downloading anything else with it. If you aren't downloading anything else with it then so monitoring of your systems network connection and all may be in order. >.>

As far as WoW, they do much to the Effect that EverQuest does. They are constantly sending up unfinished work to your system (it's that prep stuff it does before starting the game). It's just two different methods both have their advantage and disadvantage. WoW's method has a very increased chance of more corrupt files and inconsistencies between what each player gets. FFXI's method is cleaner makes for a far more stable and easier to maintain program.

Since FFXI is multi-platformed easier to maintain gives the developers the extra boost to spend more time creating and enriching the game. It's a trade off though, in one the players can get in quicker but the environment isn't as stable so you could loose an entire week of play (I had lost 2 weeks once in EQ because of that method). Were as in FFXI's method the environment is more stable so might have some oddities but less likely to be anything that'll stop your play and you only loose some hours due to updates.

Then also got to consider the file sizes WoW in total is about only 6GB, EQ is about a total of 3GB, FFXI is 8+GB. The model build and all in FFXI is a much higher, yet still even with their models it isn't HD quality yet (Well excluding some of the player made .dats which are HD quality models).
Old 09-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:

Ehh, decent up till the Wireless DSL. That doesn't say if it's the 802.11b or 802.11g standard and then also what settings is it at for it's WiFi. You're bottle neck can be in there along with if you are downloading anything else with it. If you aren't downloading anything else with it then so monitoring of your systems network connection and all may be in order. >.>
my computer is in perfect condition, also FYI I just installed FFXI so it might just be doing all the Patches at once.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
my computer is in perfect condition, also FYI I just installed FFXI so it might just be doing all the Patches at once.
Yeah, that would be what it's doing then. I remember it taking like 2 whole days to update when I first got the game (it was already out for more than a year.)
Old 09-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:
Yeah, that would be what it's doing then. I remember it taking like 2 whole days to update when I first got the game (it was already out for more than a year.)
Yea I thought so ... But if Playonline would let us Update without having a active account it would have been done last night but nooooooooo lol they make you suffer :P
Old 09-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Using the Collections DVD or is it one from like Oct. 23, 2003? If it's from 2003 then yeah you got a LOT of files to download. Otherwise from the Collections DVD it only took my system 3hrs to get it all.

Also I wasn't stating anything about your computer, I was stating your connection to the internet. I mean what is the WiFi's Burst Frequency? How often does it Poll for connections? What channel does it use? Do you have an Port Forwarding or have you setup UPnP? etc....

Tons of factors with WiFi that can give you less then optimal performance.

Don't get me wrong though it still gives you pretty good performance, but if you know what you're doing there it can give you a heck of a lot better performance.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,589 Times in 3,421 Posts

You do know your like almsot downlaoding a whole CD of updates/patches if its from waaaaayyy back
Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
You do know your like almsot downlaoding a whole CD of updates/patches if its from waaaaayyy back
If it's from 2003 he's downloading approx. 4GB worth about a low quality DVD worth of data.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,589 Times in 3,421 Posts

er opps yeah ya probably right just checked my FFXI folder its about 8Gb haha
Old 09-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I knew it was something to do with the amount bites it is but what im mad at is Why cant we patch up FFXI when we havent payed our fee yet.

Edit: yay 8 hours /laughs then slowly begins to cry/
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #13
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hahahah I'm about to lose it ... The Freakin updater stoped and said error in connection or something and now I'm one thread of hair from Throwing my Wireless Peice of crap out the window
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #14
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Hahahah I'm about to lose it ... The Freakin updater stoped and said error in connection or something and now I'm one thread of hair from Throwing my Wireless Peice of crap out the window
It should pick up were it left off.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #15
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
haha I think it was just giving me a hard time It stoped at 9hours and when i started it again its now at 5hours :D
Old 09-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #16
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
haha I think it was just giving me a hard time It stoped at 9hours and when i started it again its now at 5hours :D
Yeah, the actual download once it's downloaded that file it doesn't have to do again. The only part that will repeat every time is the file check to see which you have gotten and which you still need.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #17
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

That's not even half as bad as what I had last time I reinstalled.
Time remaining went from 18 hours to 40 hours to "unknown". 3 full days later it finally finished. It also timed out like 20 times.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions