Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

Default S4 rating

Its been sighted to be at 2200, step toward actually being good or bad?

2200 would keep alot the "newbs" away from it, so you won't see everyone and their alts running around in S4 (weapon shoulders), but at same could it be bad? COuld be alot qq on it, who knows!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

It's a good thing I'm quiting WoW..
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

It's a very good thing I don't PVP so I don't worry about these season stuff... save everyone and their grandmother in PUGs/heroics are in S1 and i love to mock them.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
cgr
Forum Member

I think there's gonna be a lot more win-trading if they set it that high. Could be interesting though. My current guild fails hard at PvE though, so not having access to s4 would be somewhat of a bummer, as my current 2v2 is a MM Hunter and I (rogue) that we threw together for fun and points.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Bebopaloo
Forum Member

A recent interview had one of the lead designers/programmers stating that the selling of points is in fact an exploit, one which they can't stand and are fixing in a semi-major patch coming up in about 3 weeks. Takes care of all the people that don't know wtf they are doin when it comes to arena for sure.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #6
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Blizzard is becoming more like Square-Enix was with FFXI. They don't know WTF to do with the game so they just make random changes, leave many classes unbalanced and completely ignore what the player community are suggesting. It wasn't always like this but the most recent patch felt like a bitch slap in the face. I don't plan on coming back until they fix Shamans and/or nerf Hunters and Rogues.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
Bebopaloo
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Blizzard is becoming more like Square-Enix was with FFXI. They don't know WTF to do with the game so they just make random changes, leave many classes unbalanced and completely ignore what the player community are suggesting. It wasn't always like this but the most recent patch felt like a bitch slap in the face. I don't plan on coming back until they fix Shamans and/or nerf Hunters and Rogues.

Shamans aren't nearly as nerfed as you are making them out to be, they are one of the best raid healers/party buffers in BT/MH/Sunwell so if you feel that you are somehow being singled out because they made a couple of changes to PVP, then you should try other aspects of the game that your class kicks ass at, otherwise cry less because not every single class or community is going to get exactly what they wanted. If we all did get exactly what we wanted the game would be not be challenging and alot less fun.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #8
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: S4 rating

[quote="Gulkeeva"]Its been sighted to be at 2200, step toward actually being good or bad?

2200 would keep alot the "newbs" away from it, so you won't see everyone and their alts running around in S4 (weapon shoulders), but at same could it be bad? COuld be alot qq on it, who knows![/quote

for us Ret .... Very bad ;_; Unless we climb our way from S1 -S3 we won't get a chance to get S4.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
cgr
Forum Member

Quote:
Hunters I can understand. BM spec is just insane. Eighteen secs of stun and movement impairing immunity is just ridiculous with the increase in dmg. Rogue doesn't need a nerf, even with shadowstep rogue still has mobility issues.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgr
Quote:
Hunters I can understand. BM spec is just insane. Eighteen secs of stun and movement impairing immunity is just ridiculous with the increase in dmg. Rogue doesn't need a nerf, even with shadowstep rogue still has mobility issues.
no what they need to fix is Ret,
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgr
Quote:
Talks of WOTLK, they are making it so ret is less dependent on mana, and gear that warrior can use also "work" well with ret pally. they say they won't be doing any more really major class changes though till WOTLK.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #12
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgr
Quote:
Talks of WOTLK, they are making it so ret is less dependent on mana, and gear that warrior can use also "work" well with ret pally. they say they won't be doing any more really major class changes though till WOTLK.
ah yes, I forgot about that announcement :D I can't wait for it really, I wonna be a Death Knight so badly, proib more than most people. But I also want a lvl80 Paladin at the same time,thats why I have a BE Paladin and a Human Paladin, the human paladin im gonna sacrafice to be a Death Knight.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
SoulTaker
Forum Member

Quote:
ah yes, I forgot about that announcement :D I can't wait for it really, I wonna be a Death Knight so badly, proib more than most people. But I also want a lvl80 Paladin at the same time,thats why I have a BE Paladin and a Human Paladin, the human paladin im gonna sacrafice to be a Death Knight.
You don't "sacrifice" anything to become a DK. You just go to Northrend, do whatever quest chain it is, and then you unlock it from the character creation menu. All your characters still stay the same. Also, any class/race can unlock it. Not just Paladins.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

mmm near naked duel weilding female BE raping people... already do that as pally but it'll be more fun with more spells on DRK! XD
Old 04-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

Quote:
Sounds like you just aren't playing your class to it's potential, no offense.

Blizzard isn't ignoring what the community is saying. They just know better than to take the majority of things that players suggest because they don't make sense.

I'm a Feral Druid, and I PvP primarily. I personally think that Feral (not Resto) could use a little love in Arena, but I still roll my eyes at +90% of "buffs" or "fixes" to Feral that players suggest on the forums because they'd either A) do not address the problem or would B), be over powered.

Yet Blizzard still has been making changes based on both their internal work, and community feedback. As examples from the last patch, Feral was buffed, Enhancement (and shaman ghostwolf) were buffed, Rogue Cheat-Death was nerfed, etc.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Wintersmute, I agree entirely.

I used to see a lot of players whining about what class is overpowered and why, which made sense most of the time, but the most common response wasn't usually to nerf the problem. Rather, they wanted a buff to overcome it.

So of course, Blizzard isn't going to give every individual class a buff to overcome a specific other class's strong abilities. That would make [insert class] invincible.

Balance includes both buffs and nerfs, but usually the nerfs aren't game-breaking. The buffs can be.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 AM   #17
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishgatherer
Balance includes both buffs and nerfs, but usually the nerfs aren't game-breaking. The buffs can be.
This is true, which is why - when Blizzard tries to bring a certain class / spec up to speed with other classes / specs - the buffs usually spread out over the course of two or three patches, rather than all at once.

So in the case of Non-Restol Druids and Shamans, while they did get buffs last patch, I don't think Blizzard is finished buffing / tuning them. They've got to make sure that the buffs they gave X Class don't completely imbalance it in Y section of the game when it was supposed to make them fine in Z section.

Slow and steady buffs might be a frustrating strategy from the point of view of the player, but from Blizzard's point of view it makes much more sense than constantly buffing / nerfing each and every class from God-Mode to Grunt to God-Mode every patch.

Edit: Also, while I love my Druid, I think Deathknight will be awesome.

Although if I had a choice, I'd rather play a Guitar Hero-style Bard. :P
Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 AM   #18
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTaker
Quote:
You don't "sacrifice" anything to become a DK. You just go to Northrend, do whatever quest chain it is, and then you unlock it from the character creation menu. All your characters still stay the same. Also, any class/race can unlock it. Not just Paladins.
Oh? I've heard you have to do the Huge chain. then Sacrafice that character to make the Death Knight.....
Old 04-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #19
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Oh? I've heard you have to do the Huge chain. then Sacrafice that character to make the Death Knight.....
I've heard nothing of the sort. Granted, my info is fairly dated. The official Blizzard interview simply said there was a quest chain to do, then you would be able to create a new, separate character as a Death Knight. Your original character would remain unchanged.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:57 AM   #20
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishgatherer
Quote:
I've heard nothing of the sort. Granted, my info is fairly dated. The official Blizzard interview simply said there was a quest chain to do, then you would be able to create a new, separate character as a Death Knight. Your original character would remain unchanged.
thats kinda stupid if you look at it at it from certain angles. I rather have it the way I mentioned, But if it goes that way... I guess I can live with two lvl80 Paladins and a Death Knight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum