Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Hello. ^^ Ex-WoWer here

Irisia, 70 Paladin on the backwater server of Ysondre. I quit about a year ago due to drama and garbage...
Aaaaanyway. Just saying Hi, and sort of bragging on a fair knowledge of paladin workings. I did throw five years of my life into that game. x.x! If I can be of any assistance to the WoW community here. ^^ Just lemme know.

Sorry if this post shouldn't be here. x.x I'm a forum newbie.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

That year of missing WoW has prob totaly changed your prespective of Paladins, a lot has happen to us. and I don't belive WoW has been out for 5... has it? 4 maybe?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

WoW's been out around 4 years now.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I have a horrible concept of time. ^^
What have they done to my beloved and hated class? >.> I read some patch notes and saw some buffs..
Is it gear? The change of ret to pure melee or what? They still have armor-ignoring attacks right!? x.x
Old 04-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,588 Times in 3,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishgatherer
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I have a horrible concept of time. ^^
What have they done to my beloved and hated class? >.> I read some patch notes and saw some buffs..
Is it gear? The change of ret to pure melee or what? They still have armor-ignoring attacks right!? x.x
They've made tons of changes, best way is to play to find out! :P
Rets kinda fun... decimating Lv 70-72 mobs in like 2 seconds is awsome haha
Old 04-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Oh. I'd love to play to find out. But since I'm kinda quitting FFXI due to lack of funds, the odds of me reactivating my WoW account are non-existent.
I remember I was pissed that they were taking spelldamage off of my ret gears. I needed that for my lame heals!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Oh. I'd love to play to find out. But since I'm kinda quitting FFXI due to lack of funds, the odds of me reactivating my WoW account are non-existent.
I remember I was pissed that they were taking spelldamage off of my ret gears. I needed that for my lame heals!!!
Eh they removed the near nonexistant spell damage and boosted the STR and gave the whole set resillance :P
Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well, not to get into a debate over what I considered a nerf but. >.>
Spelldamage affected judgements. By changing spelldamage to strength, they boosted regular swing damage while nerfing Judgement of Command damage. Crusader Strike and Seal of Command procs remained about the same maybe a little stronger.
The problem is that Judgements ignored armor, while normal swings did not. So... NERF.

Okay, no more ranting from me. What's done is done. <.<
lolignoresarmorthatwasremovedbeforerelease (I hope?)
Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Well, not to get into a debate over what I considered a nerf but. >.>
Spelldamage affected judgements. By changing spelldamage to strength, they boosted regular swing damage while nerfing Judgement of Command damage. Crusader Strike and Seal of Command procs remained about the same maybe a little stronger.
The problem is that Judgements ignored armor, while normal swings did not. So... NERF.

Okay, no more ranting from me. What's done is done. <.<
lolignoresarmorthatwasremovedbeforerelease (I hope?)
Crusader strike (I guess was changed at some point) all str now >.> I've hit peopel up to about 4000's with it in a BG and 3000ish on pve raid bosses, dosne't seem abd at all imo :P

never really used judgment of command but I've seen people crit with it 2000+ using +0 spell damage pve gear, seal of command I'd think be considered melee/holy (non spell) damage like seal of blood.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35395
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20424
Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ahh, I see... Instead of adding 40% of your spelldamage to the damage of the strike.. They just gave it a 10% boost to base melee damage. So it is simply a more powerful melee swing.
And if you don't use command, do you use Seal/Judgement of Blood? Or just skip out on Judgement all together?
Pre-patch 2.3 I think... Command > Blood for damage, but command is more sporadic and hard to manage hate / time a killstrike in PvP.

Oh, and I hit a Mag Channeler for 10k in a single swing. <.<;;
Swing, Seal of command proc, Windfury totem proc. + Full raid buffs and 30% damage increase wings.
I tanked that channeler. >.>
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Ahh, I see... Instead of adding 40% of your spelldamage to the damage of the strike.. They just gave it a 10% boost to base melee damage. So it is simply a more powerful melee swing.
And if you don't use command, do you use Seal/Judgement of Blood? Or just skip out on Judgement all together?
Pre-patch 2.3 I think... Command > Blood for damage, but command is more sporadic and hard to manage hate / time a killstrike in PvP.

Oh, and I hit a Mag Channeler for 10k in a single swing. <.<;;
Swing, Seal of command proc, Windfury totem proc. + Full raid buffs and 30% damage increase wings.
I tanked that channeler. >.>
Thats not a single swing then! :P

and yeah technically, seal of blood is better (higher the damage of the weapon) for over the time damage as it scales alot with the weapon that and you cna't really stun 25 man raid stuff especially raid boss, so putting the extra point somewhere else for damage boost etc :P
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #12
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It is too a single swing! Just with... multiple proc affects! >.> I wish I had Despair at the time for that proc too. >.>
And as of when I last played, through a fair amount of damage meter testing in Karazham and Gruul's, (My server sucked.) Command won out on general damage.. However: I had Windfury 99% of the time, so the procrate on Command was increased. (Can't proc off both swings because of internal cooldown, but has chance to proc off each.)
The spelldamage helped to make Judgement of Command actually outdamage Judgement of Blood. Since Command -was- affected by spelldamage more than Blood was.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #13
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Plus Ret paladin+ Enhancement Shaman is just evil. SoC can proc off of WF and if it does... it has the increased AP (and hence big boost to damage) of WF so it hit for an ungodly amount more.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Actually, I didn't usually go to raids as a Ret pally without Windfury. Even if it was an elemental or resto Shaman dropping the totem. Because of this, I was usually third on damage. (Under the rogues with better gear. I still had alot of blues and PvP gear.)

The only other ret paladin the guild NEVER used command, and I beat him every time. He even had better PvE gear.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum