Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
beehive
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Some quick .DAT combining (I'd hope)

I have this rather lovely /heal .DAT for my Hume Female:

However, it unfortunately came packaged with this rather unattractive Give-Me-Some-Air-I'm-Giving-Birth /sit:

It seems to also have been created pre-ToAU, as after installing these .DATs I no longer have a blue magic motion for Hume females.

My request is very simple: here I have attached both .DATs that I replaced for the /heal. I'd like to keep the /heal, but switch in the default S-E /sit and blue magic animations.
I attempted to take care of this myself, but all the tutorials for VRS that I found seemed to require some prior knowledge. I tried to flounder through it anyway, but I think I touched the program in all the wrong ways; before I knew it, I was being served a restraining order, and now I'm not allowed to go within fifty feet of it :(

I'd imagine this wouldn't take someone who has any sort of grasp on the program more than five minutes of copy-pasting, but I'd appreciate it very much if this could be done for me, please (and thank you in advance).
Attached Files
File Type: dat 62_138.dat (301.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: dat 58_175.dat (1.42 MB, 32 views)
Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Wishgatherer
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I've done some fuddling with /sit and /heal emotes with Mithra, thanks to a guide at Mithran.provoke or whatever that site was. That was messing with MOT files though.
My guess on how to do this is to simply take the current SE blue magic, /sit, and /heal .dats.. (I think they are the same three or four .dats) and add in the motion you wanted.
The trick is trying to take that motion out of the .dat. Like, converting a .dat -> MOT file.

I could be totally off though, I don't claim to be an expert. I'll mess around with it tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Whoa, any chance you could upload that green body piece in the top pic? Never seen that mod before o.O
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
beehive
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Wishgatherer >> Yeah, as I said I'm fairly sure this is a very simple thing for an experienced modder, however, I've no clue what I'm doing. Please do take a stab at this, and keep me posted if you make progress. Thanks for taking this up so quickly ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
Whoa, any chance you could upload that green body piece in the top pic? Never seen that mod before o.O
That's because I had to request it from FFXIDats; Mytoy was awesome enough to custom-make it to my stupid girl specifications :S The thread is here. Download is about halfway down the first page.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Found the link, but it doesnt work. It brings me to the home page of filefront :( Could you upload to the site here please?

*edit* Nevermind~ The DAT got cleared and is now in the HF Section :3
Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer05um
Found the link, but it doesnt work. It brings me to the home page of filefront :( Could you upload to the site here please?

*edit* Nevermind~ The DAT got cleared and is now in the HF Section :3
ya boob ^^ <3
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: Some quick .DAT combining (I'd hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beehive

However, it unfortunately came packaged with this rather unattractive Give-Me-Some-Air-I'm-Giving-Birth /sit:
I have nothing to contribute other than that sentence there had me laughing for about five minutes straight. :lol:
Old 04-29-2008, 04:06 AM   #8
beehive
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

shameless bump; has any progress been made on this?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
beehive
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

One more try at bumping this; won't anyone please help me with all these bazaaring Hume girls that look like they're about to spontaneously explode into childbirth, and my statuesque Blue Mages? (m_ _)m
Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #10
Kera
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I don't normally do hume animations mainly cause I don't have a list for all the motion numbers yet, but since this was just a swap out....

Now I don't play hume, but with the changes made the way I normally would for mithra this should now work with blue casting animations. The dat you had posted was just an old dat file that needed to have the ub53/lb9 /heal motions moved to a new dat file that had the casting animations already in the dat file. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Also, I haven't had a chance to work on that 62.dat. My guess it is just flap movement for armor and possibly means it is missing blu casting animation movements also. Flaps are a little more....annoying since they are a little harder to figure out usually.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 58_194.dat (1.43 MB, 42 views)
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #11
beehive
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Kera just made my day forever. Thank you for making such an exception for me *^o^*
I'm going to install/test this after Besieged, but I'm definitely looking forward to no longer fearing exactly where those afk bazaar girls are keeping their goods. If there's anything wrong, I'll edit this post and let you know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section