Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Nyuuh
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Final Fantasy IV - DS Remake (I'm inlove)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ceBE5VzN1Fs&feature=related
Trailer #1
Made me wanna beg them to make it again after DS release for Wii or PS3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvO8PNsvsDw&feature=related
Trailer #2
@ 02:10, I fell inlove with Cecil <.<

If the US/EU version doesn't have japanese voice actors, I'll cry. . . :(
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I get how they didn't just want to do the GBA port over again in 3D, and thus all these changes to the battle system and such, but...I'm already going to miss being able to access every character for the last dungeon. And the Lunar Ruins.

Although, if the "whole new challenge factors" they promise are for real, I may get it. Which would be the 4th time buying this game, for me...

Edit, and PS: Is it me, or did they kind of "fill out" the ladies for this one?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Nyuuh
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Just gotten it to work with my DS Simply. I believe they have added new dialog as well because Kain said a lot of stuff at Mysidia x3 I like this game. Now.. I just hope they keep the Japanese voice actors in the English version when it arrives..

DS opening: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IT12DW2Fm9M
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuuh
I believe they have added new dialog as well because Kain said a lot of stuff at Mysidia x3 I like this game.
You'd be right. They said that they went and overhauled the entire script to make it...something that wasn't done over a decade ago. You know, more up to snuff compared to the writing you'd find in one of their newer games.
So yah, no more "OMGWTF why is Kain doing this and oh yah it doesn't matter cos he's gone now TItan ate him lol", and more character development.

I remember they dressed up the script a bit for the GBA port, but this is supposed to be much more of an "at the roots" job.

Tho the Square US people said the old "Spoony bard!" line will end up in the US translation. I never understood why that bit stuck with so many people, personally...
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Nyuuh
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taris
Quote:
I believe they have added new dialog as well because Kain said a lot of stuff at Mysidia x3 I like this game.
You'd be right. They said that they went and overhauled the entire script to make it...something that wasn't done over a decade ago. You know, more up to snuff compared to the writing you'd find in one of their newer games.
So yah, no more "OMGWTF why is Kain doing this and oh yah it doesn't matter cos he's gone now TItan ate him lol", and more character development.

I remember they dressed up the script a bit for the GBA port, but this is supposed to be much more of an "at the roots" job.

Tho the Square US people said the old "Spoony bard!" line will end up in the US translation. I never understood why that bit stuck with so many people, personally...
Ah.
The voice actors are awesome though. Cecil really sounds emo here now in a classic "loosing my soul, pain inside deeply" kind of sense which I really love about him. Heh, reminds me.. FF4 is the only FF game that I can think of where the summons had a huge impact on the world. Yes yes, FF6 was the war of the Espers but c'mon, Titan creates a huge, HUGE hole in the ground! <.<''

Spoony Bard heh.
"Why a Spoon, cousin? Why not an Axe-"
"BECAUSE IT'LL HURT MORE!"
Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
FF4 is the only FF game that I can think of where the summons had a huge impact on the world. Yes yes, FF6 was the war of the Espers but c'mon, Titan creates a huge, HUGE hole in the ground! <.<''
Off topic, but wasn't the entire point of FF10 that the summoned creatures (Aeons, was it?) were in the end the root cause of the problems with the world as it was?

(Spoilers, whatever, don't complain if your eyes wander past here and you get spoiled)

"Sin" was the result of some parasitic-type bugaboo that would essentially bind to the Final Aeon (transformed Guardian) that the last summoner used to fight it, wasn't it? So it got to be that a summoner would beat Sin with a new Final Aeon, then "Sin" would go away for a while but only because the old body's gone and it's moved on to a better one, and then eventually a new-and-improved bigger-and-badder Sin'd come along to spank the planet again eventually, provoking a new Summoner to come along, train real hard, and eventually make a new Final Aeon to provide it with a shiny new stronger body.

Stop me if I missed the point of the game....I really didn't pay much attention. he story was OK, but the game play itself got so boring that I tuned out at some points...

Anywhose, wouldn't that count as "summons that affect the world on a global scale"? Since Sin was technically a summoned-type monster, as defined in that game.

Ooh, and don't forget the storylines of FFXI, and how some of the summons have shaped the world, there.

And it's been a while since I've played FF9, but wasn't one of the story tangents there about the bad guys trying to get control of any summons that could do some real damage? I don't THINK that it ended up on a "worldwide impact" kind of scale, but I remember Alexander being blowed up...
Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #7
Nyuuh
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taris
Quote:
FF4 is the only FF game that I can think of where the summons had a huge impact on the world. Yes yes, FF6 was the war of the Espers but c'mon, Titan creates a huge, HUGE hole in the ground! <.<''
Off topic, but wasn't the entire point of FF10 that the summoned creatures (Aeons, was it?) were in the end the root cause of the problems with the world as it was?

(Spoilers, whatever, don't complain if your eyes wander past here and you get spoiled)

"Sin" was the result of some parasitic-type bugaboo that would essentially bind to the Final Aeon (transformed Guardian) that the last summoner used to fight it, wasn't it? So it got to be that a summoner would beat Sin with a new Final Aeon, then "Sin" would go away for a while but only because the old body's gone and it's moved on to a better one, and then eventually a new-and-improved bigger-and-badder Sin'd come along to spank the planet again eventually, provoking a new Summoner to come along, train real hard, and eventually make a new Final Aeon to provide it with a shiny new stronger body.

Stop me if I missed the point of the game....I really didn't pay much attention. he story was OK, but the game play itself got so boring that I tuned out at some points...

Anywhose, wouldn't that count as "summons that affect the world on a global scale"? Since Sin was technically a summoned-type monster, as defined in that game.

Ooh, and don't forget the storylines of FFXI, and how some of the summons have shaped the world, there.

And it's been a while since I've played FF9, but wasn't one of the story tangents there about the bad guys trying to get control of any summons that could do some real damage? I don't THINK that it ended up on a "worldwide impact" kind of scale, but I remember Alexander being blowed up...
Never played FF10 <.< Only partially played FFIX.
-coughs-
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
keitarukei
Forum Member

Does look pretty amazing... Can't wait, although I still need to beat FFIII on my DS XD Unfortunately, I don't believe they'll have any options for Japanese text or dialogue, as FFIII has no such options... We can only wait and see :/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions