Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Oh god I hope Walk of Echos isn't a limbus type zone ><
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I believe the story Square posted about the new "Relic" weapons mentioned that they wouldn't gain full power in the present...

Assuming this is another one of "those" areas you'll have to invest lots of time and money and patience into. Again. Cos, of course, why should they make the new "relics" any easier than the old ones?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Sinsational
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taris
I believe the story Square posted about the new "Relic" weapons mentioned that they wouldn't gain full power in the present...

Assuming this is another one of "those" areas you'll have to invest lots of time and money and patience into. Again. Cos, of course, why should they make the new "relics" any easier than the old ones?
I believe the answer to your question is in your first line. If the weapons will only be powerful in the past, then it's not that big of a deal. They won't be all that useful where you would use them most (end-game stuff, and parties and what not). I read an article somewhere about WoTG before it's release about how SE was planning on presenting more methods of allowing people the freedom of soloing, so wouldn't allowing them to have powerful weapons only in certain areas aid that cause? I haven't really played the game since WoTG came out, but i haven't heard of anyone exp'ing in PT's in the past-areas, so why should they be as hard as the other relics to get? I think it'd be a cool concept, because it's basically like... the weapon would deteriorate when you went back to the
future', or something. So it wouldnt be that powerful.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsational
I believe the answer to your question is in your first line. If the weapons will only be powerful in the past, then it's not that big of a deal. They won't be all that useful where you would use them most (end-game stuff, and parties and what not). I read an article somewhere about WoTG before it's release about how SE was planning on presenting more methods of allowing people the freedom of soloing, so wouldn't allowing them to have powerful weapons only in certain areas aid that cause? I haven't really played the game since WoTG came out, but i haven't heard of anyone exp'ing in PT's in the past-areas, so why should they be as hard as the other relics to get? I think it'd be a cool concept, because it's basically like... the weapon would deteriorate when you went back to the
future', or something. So it wouldnt be that powerful.
That would kind of miff all the ToAU and WoTG job-users, tho, wouldn't it? I mean, I play mainly as Blue Mage...we don't get a relic weapon. We get some nice end-game choices, yes, but it would be strange for our first "relic-looking" weapon to only really work in the past.
(...especially since the Imperial BLUs didn't help out in the Crystal War, right? So that'd really put a question mark over my head...)

Also, about EXP parties in the past....I REALLY wish more people would be more open to the idea, but I guess maybe they want their IS or Conquest points? Otherwise....for pete's sake, they even put Colibri right outside the Sandy gates....there are some really nice EXP targets out there for mid-level jobs in the past now...

EDIT: By the way, I'm actually kind of liking the idea that maybe these weapons could not be as tough to get as Relics are, but only work in the past. I'd LOVE to have a "big" weapon to bring when I'm soloing/partying in Campaign, for example.

PS: I'm also one of those BLUs who'd rather of had them come up with AF+1 or relic-type ARMOR for us before seeing a new weapon...so I'm actually kind of neutral in opinion as to what they're going to do with these new weapons, heh.

PPS: Partial topic derail on me, oops.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

Derailed into new relics in only 3 posts? That's pretty impressive.

Given that SE said that the Nyzul Relics won't be anywhere near the Dynamis relics in terms of strength, I wouldn't worry about them being too hard to obtain.

And yeah, people mapped this area out quite a while back, but it's hard to say if it's supposed to be a limbus style zone or whatnot. The obvious speculation is that it's going to be the sea of WoTG, but I have to admit that the zone itself is absolutely gigantic. There's numerous huge open circular areas (like the one that's depicted using Hydra's model to showcase the size of that open area) that could be used for anything from poppable HNMs to timed spawns.

Should be interesting to see how they use this zone, though I wouldn't expect to see it in game until the update after this upcoming one, or later.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,272 Times in 3,326 Posts

(Havne't played wotg so its a guess!) Maybe its that floating... in the void type space with atmos? floating in the sky like the preveiws I'd think because of how it looked all broken apart. Linking each "time" together or area's in that time maybe... or jsut a soorta like sea as mentioned where you progress the storyline and having to wait for SE to let you go further in.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
Rokku
[Fancy title goes here]
Forum Member

Just to answer your question Gulk, the Walk of Echos is the area between time. It's actually the area that connects one maw to another, so to speak.

That being said, it's not something that's been clearly stated if the Walk of Echos is actually -inside- of Atomos, or simply a bridge between times that he's begun to invade in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff