Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Tomassin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Please do NOT...

visit ffxiah.com!!!

I did about 45 minutes ago, and was attempted rerouted to another IP - 74.54.240.36 - and a warning popped up on my screen. I daren't log on the game right now, running all sorts of scans and looking for suspicious files. I suggest anyone who's checked ffxiah lately, do the same thing.

Edit: I'll be a bit more specific as to what happened - the front page of ffxiah.com partially loaded, and i noticed the address line saying http://(IP as said above) and i was thinking "hm what's this?". Next thing i knew, a warning popped up on my screen, saying something about the security certificate of ffxiah.com not corresponding to the IP address i was trying to access, and that someone might be trying to gain unauthorized access to my computer.
Well, something like that anyway, as i get messages like that in my own language and not in english, that is roughly translated. i clicked on cancel but am still running all possible scans and checks on my pc right now.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
Dawezy
Spare some Beer, Gov'na?
Forum Member

ffxiah.com down for maintainence, last I read his site.

I'd imagine it wouldnt be down longer then a day, though.

Ninja EDIT: looks like the domain name isnt ffxiah.com atm.. reads as http://74.54.240.36 on my end. I dont see any actual errors/problems :o
On FireFox, if that makes any difference~
Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
Tomassin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm on firefox too - idk what's going on with ffxiah, might have been just a freak thing because of maint, no idea, but it scared the hell out of me. We all know about all the hacked accounts, I'd hate to see any more ppl lose theirs. Hopefully this was nothing, but i still thought i'd let ppl know. I didnt get any message about there being a maint, front page loaded as usual but wasnt 100% done when this warning popped up.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
Jhes
Mithra Stalker
Forum Member

The site is safe, the DB maint messed with their DNS server i guess, since it was resolving the IP and not the actual name.

The warning box that kept popping up was their security certificate, it was aimed at ffxiah.com but the ip address was coming up.. and since the domains didnt match firefox was popping the warning letting you know of the problem.

everything is up and working now however.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
Tomassin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Alright, good to know :D

Sorry about panicing :cry:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff