Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 09-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Merlincloud
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Chocobo Help

Hello, this is my first post on these forums and its a big one ~_~;

Im working on a paper on the gentics of chocobos so we can figure out what eggs lead too what and what breeded with what makes something new. But ~_~ alas I use a PS2 and am unable to drag out pics of each of the adult chocos ~_~; I have seen the pic with them all together and of course this is very nice but to make Chi Squares and post breed specific pics on the bios of the breeds would be very nice.

If some one could be able to drag out pics of each of the fully grown chocos for my paper I would be in your debt.

Thank you if any one is able to help me out
Old 09-09-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,214 Times in 3,294 Posts

I found some information to be... interesting about chocobo's.

Apparently "where the egg came from" does not matter, even if its the same it can be different from someone elses as someone showed pics of a compleatly different chocobo then mine, from the exact same BC.

my guess is the way a chocobo is raised, feed determine its coloring
Old 09-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
Merlincloud
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

thank you for that info it will come in handy while I write this comprehinsive paper on breeding choco's. If any one else wants too share ingo on chocos I would be very greatful. I was looking at another chocobo thread on here and one of there chocos had one of there stats above poor? Any one know how? I let my walk around town an feed her carrots and all i have is poor... so if its because of a ISNM egg or something this info would also be very useful for me.

Thank you again if any one else can help me.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I've made some discoveries, well, mixed with some speculation, but so far my choco is doing better than all my friend's (see chocobo picture in the other thread; I even just got affection to 'thinks you are its parent' along with my two substandar attributes and won a race against three npcs).
However, just as people don't like sharing their gardening recepies, I wouldn't like for too much chocobo raising info to get out there.

I'm not saying chocobo breeding knowledg should be hogged... but just... not too specific. Well, that's just me.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Merlincloud
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Well tht doesnt help me at all ~_~; then Ill ask more generalized question. I only use a set training method, a rareer egg or food related. If you answer one of those or all of them it will narrow it down a bit. But I think its just greed that prevents others from helping, Im here to help everyone not to win some stupid choco cup. So If your not going to post helpful thing plez dont post ~_~; Sorry if I sound anal about it but I only want usefull constructive material. And the only real thing I need is pics of each of the adult chocos since I cant data dive them myself.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
kooldogy88
Unrelated
Forum Member

The stats on chocos are altered a certain amount by each care activity you perform with the chocobo, more so by the care program you schedual withe the NPC. The descriptions of each care plan should be easy enough to give you the idea of what stat they raise. The point at which you get the care plan effects how much each stat will be raised by each plan. (Ex. 1st plan less effectve than adult plans.) There is also a guide posted by SE on the playonline site somewhere that shows which stats and how much each plan increases/decreases. And Saph thats just wrong! >.< All knowledge is ment to be shared freely. The meaning of exsitence in knowledge wheather any wish to believe it or not.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
Merlincloud
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I know how programs work and such thats easy all I want is a model view imagine of each adult choco by itself ~_~; is that so hard to ask :(
Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
Hadrubient
Forum Police

As far as this game goes, some data diving stuff I came across on another site showed this:

Quote:
DialogTableEntry 03878
Dセット並び:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[3/21/111]
DialogTableEntry 03879
Dセット:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 2)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]
DialogTableEntry 03880
発現:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]
Translated would be:

Quote:
DialogTableEntry 03878
D Set List:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[3/21/111]
DialogTableEntry 03879
D Set:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 2)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]
DialogTableEntry 03880
Update:≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Y/B/b/r/g]
What this section is showing or looks to me it's showing is DialogTableEntry 03878 is requesting data from the server, the returned data it gets appears to be a List or Array. Note that the data [3/21/111] appears to be data about that players chocobo it isn't static like the rest is. This appears to be server requested information about that chocobo.

It then takes this data and bumps it against 3 possible actions (Seen in DataTableEntry 03879) that can occure to change a chocobo's data. In this we see that the change can also effect the chocobo's choosen color by the Array with variables [Y/B/b/r/g].

Once the parameters have altered the data accordingly it then commits the data back to the server as seen in DialogTableEntry 03880.

I have some speculations on what will effect the chocobo's color, in large part though it seems the eggs base genetics will govern the results the most. Though to know for sure I'd need more data about what others get out of DialogTableEntry 03878. My suspicion is that the colors after genetics is governed by the following:

Y = Cumulitive Days
B = Strength
b = Discernment
r = Durability
g = Receptivity

Only way to know more though is more info from those DialogTableEntries. If Y variable always starts with a low value, if the other 4 happen to have one start with a very high variable (around 100-150). If those present true it starts to lay possibility that color after genetics would be by the above info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc