Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Saving your changes to VRS?

allright im going over wennys tutorials like mad and theyre a HUGE help but im having a problem after i add vertexes getting it to save and even the few times i get it to save when i try to open it in meta i get the old version, any pointers?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I'm assuming you're getting the generic error of "skeleton weights are 3 or more, or you the edges do not match" or something like that.

If so, then you're going to have to go back over your model with a fine tooth comb and a toothpick. Even then, there's no guarantee that you'll find, and even if you do, its possible that you'll screw something up while looking for it.

Whenever I get these errors, I start over, then I export after every 5 or so edits. That way, if the error pops up, you know that the problem was in one of those five or so. Its slow, but unfortunately, its sometimes the only way to conquer VRS.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You are having one of the two problems (or maybe both)

A. .You are using the create a vertex button... when you do this there are no weights assigned to it and you have to do that before you export the model.

B. You are using the add vertex to line button... when you do this it adds a vertex inbetween 2 other vertex... VRS assigns weights to these vertex automatically and sometimes its all fine and dandy.. but other times it tends to sets weights two 2+ skeletons. VRS will NOT export a model (unless its a npc model) with any vertex that has more then 2 weight values.

What you can do to figure out what is messing up is look at MV after you try to export it. VRS will delete any of there verticles that have wrong/no weights set to them so there will be holes in your model

x_X
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69
You are having one of the two problems (or maybe both)

A. .You are using the create a vertex button... when you do this there are no weights assigned to it and you have to do that before you export the model.

B. You are using the add vertex to line button... when you do this it adds a vertex inbetween 2 other vertex... VRS assigns weights to these vertex automatically and sometimes its all fine and dandy.. but other times it tends to sets weights two 2+ skeletons. VRS will NOT export a model (unless its a npc model) with any vertex that has more then 2 weight values.

What you can do to figure out what is messing up is look at MV after you try to export it. VRS will delete any of there verticles that have wrong/no weights set to them so there will be holes in your model

x_X
this is more along the line of what im getting im trying to add more verts to a great axe so i can form the blade into the shape I want but it just will not save the extra verts I add, well at least they are there when I load back into VRS but not when I load into Meta.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
this is more along the line of what im getting im trying to add more verts to a great axe so i can form the blade into the shape I want but it just will not save the extra verts I add, well at least they are there when I load back into VRS but not when I load into Meta.
Are you refreshing the MV entry and then re DAT to MQO iit to open in Meta?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovivi
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
Are you refreshing the MV entry and then re DAT to MQO iit to open in Meta?
ok that might be my problem lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner