Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Default Top 10 biggest gaming budget disasters.

I dunno, I found this article amusing.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...asters/1218872

lolET
Old 06-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
Shantotto
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Everyone should go and play The Last Express, truly a wonderful and unique game.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Amazing. I always wondered what happened to the Ultima series... This explains it.
Im so damn un-original I ripped off my plds name "Dupre" from Ultima 4+ and my Mithran thiefs name Nightshade from a poison field also from Ultima 4.

ET the number 1 worst game of all time... This isint the first article that I have read a kagillion copies are buried in a landfill in the desert. I also read they pored a foot or so of concrete over top of them.... fact or crap I dont know, but I wonder if any copies are still intact and playable...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre
Amazing. I always wondered what happened to the Ultima series... This explains it.
Im so damn un-original I ripped off my plds name "Dupre" from Ultima 4+ and my Mithran thiefs name Nightshade from a poison field also from Ultima 4.

ET the number 1 worst game of all time... This isint the first article that I have read a kagillion copies are buried in a landfill in the desert. I also read they pored a foot or so of concrete over top of them.... fact or crap I dont know, but I wonder if any copies are still intact and playable...
Oh I'm pretty sure there's a few copies left some collectors have.

I have played ET before... it does suck.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Poor old Shenmue.

Indeed, depending on who you ask about it, you'll get laughter at it, a "what's a 'Shenmoo'?", or a combination of glowing praise and marathon crying.

Never knew it cost THAT much. Would love to know the cost breakdown, tho. And I'm assuming that the cost of the second game went into that figure quoted? (And the subsequent Xbox port of it in the US.)

Ah yes, and "The Sims Online". Where you didn't do a lot of sim-ish stuff, and the whole thing broke down into a mass of botting and cyber-prostitution within all of 2 weeks, it seemed. (Well, a lot of the cybering, didn't even need money to change hands.)

The sad part about The Sims Online? They tried to save it. Oh yes, they tried. In the most ass-ways possible, but they really thought they could turn SOME kind of real profit off of it. (That, or they've just tried to keep the body alive long enough to milk whatever they could off of it, and slapped some band-aids on for the hemmoraging. I get those 2 concepts mixed up sometimes.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions