Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Kyrial
Azure Princess
Forum Member

Twitter: KyrialArthian

Default Question about area .DATs

Does anyone happen to have a list of which zones are which .dat files? My friend crashed upon zoning into Tahrongi Canyon, and now he can't log in on that character without crashing. Was wondering if I could send him an uncorrupted version so he can get back on. I know he could do Check Files from POL, but that not only takes a long time to finish, but will "fix" all his custom .dats.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Akumamoto
Regular Forum User
Doujin Team

I'd first make sure that if you have a router, open all of the ports that Square-Enix has listed in the help section. That's the leading cause to most of those issues. If the game is wanting to use a port that isn't open to send and receive data, then you'll crash when zoning into that area if that area wants to use that port. Even if you think you have the ports open, recheck them. When resetting a router or having power turned off for about 30 seconds or more, you may need to reapply the settings.

There is a program out there that can view area .dats just like the character viewers do. Not sure if it lists the dats it uses in the compilation or not, but very interesting to play around in an area you're not supposed to and you needn't worry of being banned.

If the router ports are open and you can't get through, you're best to fix all the dat files in case there were more than one inconsistency. You'll probably save yourself a lot of time by fixing the dats and putting back your modifications later. Besides, you should have all your dats in a folder that you like so you can easily replace other dats later using the ones from the folder that you've organized.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Kyrial
Azure Princess
Forum Member

Twitter: KyrialArthian

He is playing while on vacation somewhere, so maybe it is a router issue. I'll tell him about that. I'm interested in that area .dat viewer though; that'd be fun to play with. Would you happen to know where to find it?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

EWH Area List
1-1-1.DAT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff