Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Monev
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default I'm Back...ish

so i've been on a long break from FFXI (5months) and when WoW got old (Read: Guilds won't let me pally tank anything higher than Gruul)

and decided to come back to FFXI so i'm wondering what kind of uses have ToAU-WotG jobs have been put to in dynamis sky sea hnm?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Don't believe anything you hear (Including this post) about new jobs. Wotg Missions are amazing! They have that CoP flair that ToAU was lacking. Sch is a amazing backup mage for some awesome helix's (dot on crack) and Dancer is great. Most people on my server are idiots, but a dancer can main heal. I have personally done it on both Colibri and Trolls no healer in party not even a backup one. On colibri we chained 150+ with ease and no worries about mp or lack of haste because of haste samba. Again go exploring, Campaign is the new solo xp for a little bit or long time. Also great for those jobs that the elietest asshats wont invite for merit parties. Zeni Nm are the new rage... some absolutly awesome drops. As well as that giant landworm now brings you to a "zerged" bncm with equally (if not better drops).
Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
Sinsational
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I played in May from like the 10th until the 25th or so, then canceled my account again. What i noticed about the WoTG jobs was that Dancers can in fact main heal like dupre said, and Scholars are not that bad at mage-DD'ing. They can also backup heal really well too, probably even main heal. One thing I did notice though, was that sam/dnc can main heal an entire merit party as well. Someone in my linkshell blabbed and blabbed about it for a long time, and when i was looking for that last party member i needed for a merit party, i got tired and started asking all the sams who were LFP (Which turned out to be many many sams) if they had /dnc and soboro. Finally found one, and it turned out to be the most awesome party i've been in. Was me on warrior, 4 monks, and the sam/dnc. We partied for quite a while, i was tanking, and i got tired of /nin so when i capped my merits out and went to use them, i asked if i could change to /sam since we were doing really well, and the sam was almost always at 300 tp, even when i couldnt keep shadows up at times. They said sure, if it didn't work i could just go change again real quick, but it worked out just fine. I gained TP like mad since i wasn't using utsusemi and my retaliate could now work. I was spamming raging rush like it was stone 1 and the sam kept me alive the whole time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff