Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Rowdy Roegadyn
Jukebox Pirate
Forum Member

Default EM Corsair's Tricorne Request

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a problem with it, but the goofy-looking bow on the back of the Corsair's AF hat looks a little... well, out of place if you ask me. Here's a pic, in case you need it.

I was wondering if anyone could remove the bow/bandanna and just have it be a normal hat where all the hair just hangs out. Thanks to those who consider taking on my request.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well... theres a reason the bow/bandanna is there. If you remove it then there will be a big hole there. It's just the way SE did their head priorities. You would have to attach a piece to the back of the hat kind of like the RDM hat has that flap there or something :s
Old 07-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Rowdy Roegadyn
Jukebox Pirate
Forum Member

Seriously? So I gotta look at that stupid bow? Dammit. So you can't even remove just the bow and make a normal bandana? 'Cause that I can take, it's just the bow that gives me problems for some reasons.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Seems to me like you could copypasta the hat, delete the bow, copy the hat, reweight it, set priorities and it would work, but am I mistaken?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
Seems to me like you could copypasta the hat, delete the bow, copy the hat, reweight it, set priorities and it would work, but am I mistaken?
What? lol o_O

You could remove the bow but you still need something in the back there or you will have a hole in your head. You can't change the hat to a diff priority... if you do then the hat will clip massively with all the faces.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Rowdy Roegadyn
Jukebox Pirate
Forum Member

Oh well. I guess I'll just deal with it. Thanks for the help anyways.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69
Quote:
What? lol o_O

You could remove the bow but you still need something in the back there or you will have a hole in your head. You can't change the hat to a diff priority... if you do then the hat will clip massively with all the faces.
Looks like it doesn't come down much differently then the Berets... idk I'm assuming Ali may have looked at this already so just going to take her word for it.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovivi
Quote:
Quote:
What? lol o_O

Looks like it doesn't come down much differently then the Berets... idk I'm assuming Ali may have looked at this already so just going to take her word for it.
Holy hell lol the Elv M version of the Cor hat is super ugly o_O I never noticed it was that much different then the Elv F one.. lol O_O Anyways... it might be possible to port the Elv F one over to the Elv M head so there is less of a bandana there... if you remove all of the bandanna you will have holes in the head. The only way you could remove the bandana is if you reshape the hat and pull the bottom way down over the parts that are hidden by priorities... you can't move the entire thing down because the top of the forehead will clip through the top of the hat o_O
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So.. ya.. you can remove the back bandanna completely and the only holes created are that of the F6 face.. so I left the upper portion and then brought it up and out a little bit; creating this:
Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #10
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
So.. ya.. you can remove the back bandanna completely and the only holes created are that of the F6 face.. so I left the upper portion and then brought it up and out a little bit; creating this:
Yeah o_O imo all the orange = bandana so maybe I misunderstood him >_> if you remove all the orange stuff it would leave holes =o
Old 07-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #11
Mira_Kitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah o_O imo all the orange = bandana so maybe I misunderstood him >_> if you remove all the orange stuff it would leave holes =o
Judging by the original post's pic, I think they just wanted to get rid of the goofy bow :o
Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Re: EM Corsair's Tricorne Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairDreamer
I was wondering if anyone could remove the bow/bandanna and just have it be a normal hat where all the hair just hangs out.
I read it differently ;)

Guess just have to wait and see what the OP would actually prefer. But yes. the bog goofy bow is it's own mesh, so can be simply removed.. just would have to clean up the texture a bit since it's darkened to represent a shadow from the bow.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Rowdy Roegadyn
Jukebox Pirate
Forum Member

Wow. Draco saves the day again! I'd love to see this in .dat form. Unless Draco plans to keep this one. Ah well. I'm glad to know that at the very least, that stupid bow can be removed.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Download.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
Rowdy Roegadyn
Jukebox Pirate
Forum Member

Thanks Draco. I'm gonna love this .dat for a long time!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section