Incest King
Forum Member

Default Love the new WoTG WS's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1VUAEqtNi4
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Shirai
永遠 倒錯
Forum Member

They're actually the relic weapon WS' from the Nyzul isle weapons ;)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

wow, I forgot all about them, Ill have to go digging myself and replace Dancing Edge and Eviseration. I leveled thf,brd,dnc to 75. They have become a little old.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Aluus

I have a bad feeling about these new weapons. SE said before that they'd improve dynamis-relic weaponskills when they put these out, however atm, these weapons, while unattainable seem to be far more difficult to get than a dynamis-relic. Knowing SE, that's probably how it will stay and the previously coveted dynamis relics will wind up being considered obsolete compared to these.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Kera
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Unless they magicly start adding stats or find hidden effects to these new weapons, they don't even hold a candle to Dynamis Relics in terms of DPS and I'm going to take a stab in the dark, but I bet the WS won't be much better then WS we have now, but won't be better then a dynamis relic WS.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
YazTheMan
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_vP...eature=related

Rdm one is sexy
Old 07-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kera
Unless they magicly start adding stats or find hidden effects to these new weapons, they don't even hold a candle to Dynamis Relics in terms of DPS and I'm going to take a stab in the dark, but I bet the WS won't be much better then WS we have now, but won't be better then a dynamis relic WS.
They're not even done yet...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YazTheMan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_vPzlemAU&feature=related

Rdm one is sexy
I agree, when I saw it I assumed from the petals it would of been a sam, or dnc. Sam because of that other one Kasha or w/e, and dncs 2 hour has a bunch of flower petal looking things or hearts? One of them go up in the air.

Edit: Oh by the way, if you want to know where these dats are, Altana Viewer's "Unknown ws's" is the place to be.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
LadyPeorth
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I like this set myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9ETzBaPpg

It's also a lot of Rigamarole to get the new Nyzule weapons and upgrade them...I only hope that the final forms are indeed worth the effort
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Evilryusam
Forum Member

ok wtf they give mnk a recolored version of final heaven.... they need to hire a new development team ._.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
Sinsational
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The gun ws was pretty awesome... Aside from that, did you notice almost all of the motions were just like normal attacks, followed by a pretty effect? There were only a few with multiple swings, the rest were just kinda lame.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
Kera
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Quote:
Ya, nice way to quote the obvious. First part of what I said pretty much hinted at that already. Currently however, unfinished (placed for Cordy just so it's plainly obvious), these don't even hold a candle to 2nd choice non-relic weapons. SE better have something good up their sleave, cuse currently these "relice alternatives" aren't looking all that worth it.

Heck, one of the dagger WS is just a recycled Evisceration with some extra effect to it. Some of them look neat >.> but some of them I wonder if SE just said "Uh...you know I can't think of anything better then you know..making this look evil or something. That work for you?"
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #13
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

I love the Great Axe one and the Polearm one. the Polearm one looks like a combination of penta thrust and wheeling thrust.. looks so awesome >.>
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Quote:
Ya, nice way to quote the obvious. First part of what I said pretty much hinted at that already. Currently however, unfinished (placed for Cordy just so it's plainly obvious), these don't even hold a candle to 2nd choice non-relic weapons. SE better have something good up their sleave, cuse currently these "relice alternatives" aren't looking all that worth it.

Heck, one of the dagger WS is just a recycled Evisceration with some extra effect to it. Some of them look neat >.> but some of them I wonder if SE just said "Uh...you know I can't think of anything better then you know..making this look evil or something. That work for you?"
Well excuse me, and if you want to point out the obvious... you know how many of these WS are recycled? And how long ago ppl spotted them?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #15
XionAstra
Bringer of Ruination
Forum Member

Sure these new Weapon Skills are nice and all, but it really annoys me the the BLU WS happens to be the worst looking one. Just 2 simple slashes, no boom, no impressive light, not even anything that looks like SE made any effort at all.

I just hope that the WS at least fills the Gravitation or Distortion SC slots so then BLU can finally solo darkness like they should have been able to do in the first place with Swift Bade if it wast PLD only. Either that or enable physical BLU spells to continue a SC for a short while after doing the WS. Might actually make Azure Lore worth using more than once in a blue moon if only for the TP mod.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I wonna see the new WS for SAM M Hume :(
Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuri
I wonna see the new WS for SAM M Hume :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNbEysWHtX8

heres elvaan :D

ill do hume next i guess
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #18
Hellgod
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I actually have to agree that SE got kinda lazy with some of these weaponskills the one for DRK or Scythe while it looks nice is merely just a combination of 3 existing ws's made into one which are Spinning scythe, Cross reaper, and Spiral Hell. Further if SE doesn't plan to release these relic weapons and the ws dats are still there I'm likely to replace my Spiral Hell ws with the new scythe ws. If they do release these relic weapons with these ws's I'm not likely to get any of them.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #19
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellgod
I actually have to agree that SE got kinda lazy with some of these weaponskills the one for DRK or Scythe while it looks nice is merely just a combination of 3 existing ws's made into one which are Spinning scythe, Cross reaper, and Spiral Hell. Further if SE doesn't plan to release these relic weapons and the ws dats are still there I'm likely to replace my Spiral Hell ws with the new scythe ws. If they do release these relic weapons with these ws's I'm not likely to get any of them.
i really dont care how the WS looks cuz ill end up swapping the dats out anyway lol.

all im worried about is the damage
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 AM   #20
Sinsational
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XionAstra
Sure these new Weapon Skills are nice and all, but it really annoys me the the BLU WS happens to be the worst looking one. Just 2 simple slashes, no boom, no impressive light, not even anything that looks like SE made any effort at all.

I just hope that the WS at least fills the Gravitation or Distortion SC slots so then BLU can finally solo darkness like they should have been able to do in the first place with Swift Bade if it wast PLD only. Either that or enable physical BLU spells to continue a SC for a short while after doing the WS. Might actually make Azure Lore worth using more than once in a blue moon if only for the TP mod.
Well, there are 8 jobs who can get sword skill to lvl 225 for Swift Blade, and 14 of all 20 jobs can USE a sword. Only paladin gets Swift blade, i think it's best to stay like that, and it probably always will. The WS isn't even that great to begin with. People talk about how terrible savage blade is all the time... but i don't see it. I've broken 1k numerous times on VT+ on my RED MAGE with it, the key word being MAGE there. Not to mention i was usually subbing whm or blm at the time... Don't get me started on my numbers when i'm soloing merits as /war on VT.

I've meleed a few times in merit parties and out damaged nins hit for hit AND ws before (And i'm talking about DD geared nins, because lets face it, they keep far more hate than any other nin in merit parties. Yes, i realize nin doesn't do as much damage as a traditional DD also, but that doesn't change what i am saying at all). And besides, giving blu the ability to solo darkness only furthers the fact the job can already fulfill any single role. There's no need for it.

And as far as the new relic ws's go... Perhaps that is exactly what they WANT? Did you guys ever think about that? Improving on something that already exists to make it better... this has been a human tendency for the entirety of our growth. Isn't it natural that, say, a dark knight who has mastered three different powerful weapon skills would attempt to combine them all in one to make a very destructive, overwhelming attack? It seems to me that the pinnacle of their strength would be when they learned to use every powerful attack they've mastered into one efficient move, would it not be?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff