arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

lolps2 no
Old 09-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Its the PS2s fault FFXI doesnt have better graphics >< Damn you SONY!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
Mithus
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

oh well i thought ther were some dam ps2 i should get ff for pc now
Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Well actually the .dats will work. Some may be a bit to high quality (To many Vertex's) for it to perform effeciently with. The only hurdle you have to get past is getting the .dat into the PS2 HDD.

To do that you'd have to take the HDD out of the PS2 set it to a Slave Drive and hook up to your PC. Then get into the partition and transfer the .dat into the proper location.

It is possible but you need a decent amount of knowledge about partitions, mounting drives, and setting drives as master and slave.

Otherwise the PS2 HDD is nothing more then a standard HDD you have in your Computer, it's even made by Western Digital if I recall (or was Seagate) which is the same companies that make the Computer HDDs (Western Digital imo is the best company for HDDs, incredibly reliable. Companies only down fall is they don't produce them as fast as other like Seagate or that other one that starts with a W). Only difference is that the PS2 HDD has it's own special partition (Doesn't use FAT, FAT 32, or NTFS) and OS.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Random
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Well actually the .dats will work. Some may be a bit to high quality (To many Vertex's) for it to perform effeciently with. The only hurdle you have to get past is getting the .dat into the PS2 HDD.

To do that you'd have to take the HDD out of the PS2 set it to a Slave Drive and hook up to your PC. Then get into the partition and transfer the .dat into the proper location.

It is possible but you need a decent amount of knowledge about partitions, mounting drives, and setting drives as master and slave.

Otherwise the PS2 HDD is nothing more then a standard HDD you have in your Computer, it's even made by Western Digital if I recall (or was Seagate) which is the same companies that make the Computer HDDs (Western Digital imo is the best company for HDDs, incredibly reliable. Companies only down fall is they don't produce them as fast as other like Seagate or that other one that starts with a W). Only difference is that the PS2 HDD has it's own special partition (Doesn't use FAT, FAT 32, or NTFS) and OS.
i was gonna post that ; ;
Old 09-24-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
gengenskitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

copy, paste, then sort in word pad, easiest way ^-^
Old 09-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengenskitty
copy, paste, then sort in word pad, easiest way ^-^
Old 12-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
bissac
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random
Quote:

OR.. you can buy Magic swap (CD - NTSC only) for ps2 to access the main enternal encode protocal (FTP) to junction with a router and transfer files with FlashFXP, done with the same as Xbox mods, Magic swap boots your HDD with a linux encode to think the HDD is now accessable to all etehrnet connections besides the game, which will then react to the IP for EXAMPLE :( your IP# would say this on ps2- 192.168.1.??? , the ???'s is random to every ps2, not all are the same IP encode. you can view this by going to setting and options and connections through the Magic swap boot disc dashboard, after viewing connections click PORT to 21 and create a FTP password and name, then your done, now open flash fxp type in the IP encode, then name and password , then wallah your in the HDD FTP, now get ready to mod the ps2 files :D
Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random
Quote:

OR.. you can buy Magic swap (CD - NTSC only) for ps2 to access the main enternal encode protocal (FTP) to junction with a router and transfer files with FlashFXP, done with the same as Xbox mods, Magic swap boots your HDD with a linux encode to think the HDD is now accessable to all etehrnet connections besides the game, which will then react to the IP for EXAMPLE :( your IP# would say this on ps2- 192.168.1.??? , the ???'s is random to every ps2, not all are the same IP encode. you can view this by going to setting and options and connections through the Magic swap boot disc dashboard, after viewing connections click PORT to 21 and create a FTP password and name, then your done, now open flash fxp type in the IP encode, then name and password , then wallah your in the HDD FTP, now get ready to mod the ps2 files :D
I would think that External Encode Protocol would be EEP. :lol:

FTP = File Transfer Protocol

FTP is a network protocol that is designed specifically to transfer files, it's also why it has the highest transfer rate and that is were port 21 comes from. Port 21 is designated for all FTPs not just the PS2.

For the IP address 192.168.1.xxx is the standard network anyone with a basic configured NIC Router will be on. With that said this type of network works on Dynamic IPs so of course your IP for xxx can be anywere from 1 - 255 depending on what other devices you have on your network and which are active and when.

Safe bet though that you'll be between 1-10 though, because I doubt to many people have over 10 devices that are directly connected to the network. I also doubt they've configured their NIC Router for anything fancy so it's standard 1-255 range should be open. Good things and Bad things about that but no point worrying about fixing it if you don't know how, you'll probably just do more harm then good. >.>

Anyway, since that number is a network assigned number you can actually control the IP it gets on your network if you make it static instead of dynamic.

So to say all this in a simplified form that CD basically just changes your PS2 into an FTP server.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
bissac
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

lol just would like to say,i am not very good with computer language but yea, your right FTP, um any way, i do know what im doing as it explains how to do it with magic swap on www.exploitstation ,you can even play burnt games with magic swap, so basically has alot of package, i only know 2 things it does atm. but other then that works fine, the hell part now is to install a mod package into my memcard to put into my HDD so i dont have keep using the magic swap disc, cause its really irratating i hhave to spend hours to make my CD lens to load the CD from it being dirty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats