Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
thelordymir
Forum Member

Default Question about starting on a new server.

So thanks to Antwan myself and my friend have accounts. Now I just need to find a good realm to begin on. I made a character on Odin, but talking with someone it appears that the server is TOO populated and the economy is horrible. Anyone have opinions on the servers?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Botreie
Proud Pervert
Forum Member

Default Re: Question about starting on a new server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelordymir
So thanks to Antwan myself and my friend have accounts. Now I just need to find a good realm to begin on. I made a character on Odin, but talking with someone it appears that the server is TOO populated and the economy is horrible. Anyone have opinions on the servers?
well im currently in phoenix, the economy is pretty stable, the server populace however, is more asshat then nice people.

Im FROM garuda, which was populated with more nice people then asshats, but the economy was kinda...crap when i left, every server varys, but those are my opinions on the servers i play.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Saire
RP Junkie
Forum Member

Quetzalcoatl is rather depopulated at the moment, and it's hard to find low level parties especially. I don't really know for sure because I don't have much to compare it to, but I've heard lots of people say that endgame on Quetz is broken too.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Well i started on Ifrit. its full of cock bitin ass holes and if you want help on that server. goodluck.

so i moved to siren. and within a 4 month spread i had more done in my 2 1/2 years on ifrit.

so id say Siren
Old 07-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Panini
Q of The Continuum
Forum Member

Ragnarok is an awesome place! :D
Old 07-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Carby is more of a social place than it is endgame for NA Players.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Brayker
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Caitsith is ok, there are 2 catagories of 'endgame'

1: Casual: small groups of friends who like being together, but never win anything, regardless of strategy/jobs

2. Hardcore: you MUST be at an event if your in game, you CANNOT take off the linkpearl. A.k.a. no life and dealing with a heaping ton of bullshit.

Socially, its not bad. Leveling was never a problem. The economy isnt too horrible.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

From my experiences in FFXI...

Titan has a decent economy, and a decent end game to match. I'd say it's best suited for the leveling and social aspects of the game. I've honestly never seen so many people with maat's cap as i have on that server, people there level like crazy.

Bismarck is completely ran by bots and rmt it seems. The economy isn't terrible, but it does kinda suck. You will find most endgame and camping hard to do, because the immense amount of bots.

Hades is boring in general. The economy and endgame aren't overly great. It used to be good for ballista, and fun for it too. Now all it is, really, is elitist idiots who have at least 10 years of social repression up their asses.

Phoenix isn't bad for anything. It has decent people, and a pretty lax and stable economy. There are a lot of north american players who play during JP time there as well, which can be a real plus. If youre american and ever tried to get a party after about 2 am EST time, you'll know why this is a big deal. The endgame isnt anything great though. I've probably had better endgame shells on the 3 other servers i've been on than any i've had here. Pretty slow kills from what i've noticed, and thats only if they dont wipe.

All in all, i'd say Titan is the best for new players. It's focused more towards leveling than the others ive experienced.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
thelordymir
Forum Member

Made a character on Alexander, going to see how it goes. I heard a few good things about the server.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 AM   #10
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelordymir
Made a character on Alexander, going to see how it goes. I heard a few good things about the server.
LOL Welcome to Hell! /o/

Where galkas are ugly, elvaans are gay, tarus are food and mithras are men! (as if the other servers were different =P)

If u need a social ls post here and i can pop u some URLs ^^
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 AM   #11
Miayoko
Hurr Durr
Forum Member

Lol Iono Siren can be pretty full of +1 Asshats :P *coughs and points at Yaz* I mean =c.c= Yeah sirens great and stuff :] naw I don't mind siren I love my ls I have and they are the biggest group of jokers I know which is awesome for me :P
Old 07-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #12
Janika
Forum Member

Avoid Asura, the endgame department is way overpopulated, a few months ago some peoples from multiple servers came to asura and made a LS. It went from bad to worst.

I heard that Odin ended up to be the trashcan of scammers and rejects.

Quezacoatl it rather empty from what i've seen.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #13
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Shiva's full of lathargic players who've been around forever and don't want to do anything. Seriously, trying to level 20-73 is impossible. There's NOBODY. But we like to talk a lot.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #14
Pozapio
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janika
I keep hearing this a lot. Haven't played long enough to know what the economy was when it first started, but a lot of my friends complain it's gone to the pooper cause it's so overpopulated. :(
Old 07-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
Katalyn
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Welcome to Alexander. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:02 AM   #16
Espe
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozapio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janika
I keep hearing this a lot. Haven't played long enough to know what the economy was when it first started, but a lot of my friends complain it's gone to the pooper cause it's so overpopulated. :(
"Gone to the pooper is putting it nicely :( i DARE you to try and level corsair on odin.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff