Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Default E3 2008 Discussion.

What dd you think about the press conferences? What were you expecting and how did you feel afterwords.

My thoughts on:

Microsoft: Boring as hell, I struggled to stay awake. M$ are a bunch of thieves stealing ideas and products from everyone. They ripped Nintendo off with the avatars, boasted about 'acquiring' PS3 exclusives, and even ripped off software developers by making lame ass casual titles like Lips and You're in the Movies [OMGGTFO]. Fable 2's online co-op feature and Square's backstabbing FF13 360 port were the only things that caught my attention.
Expected: News on a price drop and quality assurance for no more RRODs.

Nintendo: Haven't seen it yet, only caught the last few minutes. I heard it was embarrassingly stupid and had nothing appealing to hardcore gamers. I think I'll be trading in my Wii soon.
Expected: A new Mario, Zelda or Metroid title? WTH am I saying I don't even like Mario.

Sony: Ultimately disappointing and made of fail. They had nothing to redeem my respect for losing FF13's exclusivity. The LittleBigPlanet presentation was the only thing cool about the conference, the rest was just a mesh of number crunches, OFN and mediocrity.
Expected: Release date on Home, God of War 3 or anything for that matter, maybe some new RPGs?

This years E3 was an entire fail in my opinion. Neither platform made any groundbreaking announcements, so far I've only been pissed off at Square selling out to M$. Now I'll have to trade in my Wii and all its games for a 360 if I want to play any next gen RPGs, which are so few to begin with..I swear this console generation is a big fat ass disappointment loaded with nothing but shooters and action titles across all platforms.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Yep, sadly everything is making a turn for action. I hate how all the classic console RPG's are becoming nothing but action/adventure games with the ability to level up and gain experience. Video games are becoming far less appealing as they focus on two type of people alone nowdays: action junkies, and children.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
greedisgood
Regular Forum User
Death Skull

That's NA E3 for you there, money suckin a$$es
I hope TGS is way better than this.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
Insane
what
Forum Member

3 words...Tokyo Game Show
Old 07-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

This entire generation of gaming is utter shit. In fact recent events have if anything proven that PC gaming is NOT dying. Console games used to be gems, totally unique from what a PC would provide. But now everyone is moving to consoles, and as a result quality suffers. Gone are the days of greatness, and here is the era of cheap rehashes for braindead consumers. Fuck Sony, Fuck Microsoft. While Wii isn't my thing, I'm actually giving Kudos to Nintendo for maintaining some degree of uniqueness and quality in this abyss.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

As expected, I wasn't really all that impressed. The only thing I was excited for at all was the new wiimote attachment. >_>
Everything else was kind of .. expected. Microsoft masturbated their statistics the whole time, Sony did the same but less, and Nintendo was .. well ... Nintendo.

Resistance 2 confused the **** out of me, cause that giant monster thing threw him ALL OVER THE PLACE, and he didn't die. He threw him like a mile away, went through three panes of glass, and got up like nothing happened. Shitty physics are shitty.

God of War III trailer made me lol, cause they made it seem epic but it was only like, 20 seconds long.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Hasn't E3 gone down hill since last year due to the 2007 restructure?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Siya
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

All ive got to do is read about it on my psp since im not at home but it didnt sound THAT bad i was disappointed no mass effect2 announcement
Old 07-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
Insane
what
Forum Member

I may just may buy a ps3 because of MAG and Resistence 2 multiplayer but ...fuck how annoying are the kids on PSN? The 360 ones arn't all that bad because most of them are on Call of Duty 4 and GTA4 sometimes. 400$ 80GB ps3 but I don't think its BC but I'd rather have more space(ie 360 elite).
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barachiel
While Wii isn't my thing, I'm actually giving Kudos to Nintendo for maintaining some degree of uniqueness and quality in this abyss.
I kinda have to laugh at this, seeing as how the only thing Nintendo ever does is rehash the same shit over and over and over again and people buy it anyway...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Quote:
how annoying are the kids on PSN?
PSN is a network ghost town. Every game I played online was completely silent, usually because no one has a mic. For every game lobby I entered there's no more than 3 people with a mic, myself and two others if we're lucky. Even then, no one talks.. On the rare occasion someone actually does speak you can't understand them anyway.

Nintendo is being unique, but their idea of thinking outside the box is bullshit IMO. All of their games are crap. They have this vision of everyone gathering around in the living room to play Wii. Well my Wii isn't in the living room, its in my bedroom with everything else. I have no desire to play games with people who aren't already gamers. The Nintendo press conference catered moreso to non-gamers than anyone but you know whats so ironic about that? Casual/Non-Gamers don't know about E3 so why the hell advertise all these stupidly shallow games? Nintendo is unique alright, unique in that they aren't making real games anymore. For anyone who spends 20+ hours a week playing, reading news, watching videos or chatting about games, Nintendo isn't paying attention to you. They're targeting the people around you who think you're wasting your time.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
Ferris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenraine
Quote:
While Wii isn't my thing, I'm actually giving Kudos to Nintendo for maintaining some degree of uniqueness and quality in this abyss.
I kinda have to laugh at this, seeing as how the only thing Nintendo ever does is rehash the same shit over and over and over again and people buy it anyway...
Because no other fucking company does that these days.

Nope.

None.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #13
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well what does PS3 put out?
Mostly FPS's ALL THE SAME SHIT.

Xbox has a more varied library, but still FPS's are just rehashes of previous FPS's. A couple RPG's are unique but mostly it comes down to the same thing as previous titles.

Nintendo had the ability to break out with some waggle, which they did outside of their rehashes.

Also, Nintendo DS is the best console this generation, and I don't even own one.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:

Xbox has a more varied library, but still FPS's are just rehashes of previous FPS's. A couple RPG's are unique but mostly it comes down to the same thing as previous titles.

Nintendo had the ability to break out with some waggle, which they did outside of their rehashes.

Also, Nintendo DS is the best console this generation, and I don't even own one.
Agreed, the DS f*cking pwns. I also think the Wii is a solid system to. No reason why game developers can't use the classic controler for games instead of the Wii Mote and Nunchuck.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #15
RandomNumberGenerator
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Quote:

Agreed, the DS f*cking pwns. I also think the Wii is a solid system to. No reason why game developers can't use the classic controler for games instead of the Wii Mote and Nunchuck.
Exactly. Just because it is on the Wii, doesn't mean it NEEDS motion controls... Like SSBB. Did that use motion detection? It was still an excellent game.

Partial motion detection works as well. Twilight Princess anyone? Mostly buttons except for targeting and fighting.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 AM   #16
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

the industry sold out a while ago, thought you guys knew
Old 07-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #17
Insane
what
Forum Member

Day 2/3 of E3 http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live

Wednesday
10am Sonic Unleashed , Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood , Skate It
11am Flower , Killzone 2 , SIREN: Blood Curse
12pm LittleBigPlanet , Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe , Tom Clancy's EndWar
1pm Crysis Warhead , Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 , Buzz! Quiz TV
2pm Spore , Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II , Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
3pm Halo Wars , Star Wars: The Force Unleashed , NBA Live 09
4pm Mercenaries 2: World in Flames , UFC 2009 Undisputed , New Xbox 360 Game
5pm Tomb Raider Underworld , Resident Evil 5 , Dark Void
6pm TNA iMPACT! , Bionic Commando , Lego Batman
7pm Fable II , Left 4 Dead , Project Origin

Thursday
10am Madden NFL 09 , de Blob
11am SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation , Motorstorm: Pacific Rift , WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
12pm Flock , Age of Booty , Mega Man 9
1pm Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation , Midnight Club: Los Angeles
2pm Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 , Puzzle Quest: Galactrix , Pure
3pm Fracture , This is Vegas
4pm Wheelman , Darksiders: Wrath of War , Red Faction: Guerilla
5pm Dead Space , SoulCalibur IV , The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
6pm Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia , Guitar Hero: World Tour
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #18
Ferris
Forum Member

Out of EVERYTHING I have seen out of E3 this year, this is by far the biggest piece of re-textured, re-marketed bullshit I've seen.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

This looks so much like Circle of the Moon, it isn't even funny. All they need to do is whip out a card combo system and it's identical. OH BUT THERE'S A TWIST. IT'S A FEMALE CHARACTER.

Don't call this Order of Ecclesia which has nothing to do with it. Call it Circles of the Moon instead, to honor the fact it's a woman instead of a guy.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #19
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Only news that even caught my attention was the new Wii-mote attachment.

It got the little devil and angel on my shoulders, that did.

Angel sez "Hey, that's great, they're really making steps to tweaking and improving the technology all the time. I can't wait to see how developers make use of this new precision. I want it, now"

Devil sez "Goddamn Nintendo, why didn't they think to include this technology in the controllers to BEGIN with! No wonder the console is "so much cheaper" than the others, all the good stuff keeps getting bought as add ons! And it won't even be compatible with the older games! Blargh!"

...You know, I really wish Nintendo would then take Wii Sports, Wii Play, and this "new" game that they're packing in with the controller accessory and put them all on one disc already. Cos I want to be able to play all those little games without swapping discs, and I want the old Wii Sports and Wii Play stuff to be able to make use of this new tech...

Otherwise, most cut-and-dry show (to me) that I can remember...
Old 07-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #20
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taris
Only news that even caught my attention was the new Wii-mote attachment.

It got the little devil and angel on my shoulders, that did.

Angel sez "Hey, that's great, they're really making steps to tweaking and improving the technology all the time. I can't wait to see how developers make use of this new precision. I want it, now"

Devil sez "Goddamn Nintendo, why didn't they think to include this technology in the controllers to BEGIN with! No wonder the console is "so much cheaper" than the others, all the good stuff keeps getting bought as add ons! And it won't even be compatible with the older games! Blargh!"

...You know, I really wish Nintendo would then take Wii Sports, Wii Play, and this "new" game that they're packing in with the controller accessory and put them all on one disc already. Cos I want to be able to play all those little games without swapping discs, and I want the old Wii Sports and Wii Play stuff to be able to make use of this new tech...

Otherwise, most cut-and-dry show (to me) that I can remember...
The Wii thing always confused me, but i've never played one. It just seems to me that it's rather odd to sit there in your living room and SIMULATE playing tennis, or baseball by swinging a remote around when... baseball fields are all over, and are usually empty these days lol.

Then again, i say the same thing about any sports game, and anyone who WATCHES sports on TV too though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions