Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Xhokhusmak
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Sony MAG

OH GOD this is sweet, it's tempting me to get a ps3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nxx4nPXEE
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

When I heard the actual title I thought "No that can't possibly be the official title"

...but it is.

It seems to me like it's a way improved BF2. It has potential if people treat it like they used to treat CS.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
RandomNumberGenerator
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

That makes me want to get a PS3 even more...

Hmm... Tuition, or a PS3... Tuition, or a PS3...

Tuition, I guess.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Thank goodness I already got a PS3. This looks pretty cool.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
Insane
what
Forum Member

Battlefield 2 type gameplay with that many players jesus fucking christ If it was for pc I bet it would lag so damn bad lol but that wouldn't stop me!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If sony pulls this off it may just re-solidify their holdings after losing exclusives to the 360. That would also mean a slew of butthurt 360 fanbois which I will relish.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #7
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Yeah this is definitely on my want list when I get a PS3 for FFXIII.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #8
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barachiel
If sony pulls this off it may just re-solidify their holdings after losing exclusives to the 360. That would also mean a slew of butthurt 360 fanbois which I will relish.
Until 360 releases something along the same scale. It's microsoft. Their resources are pretty vast. I'm sure they could pull it off with relative ease.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #9
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Yet again, it comes down to technological limitations. The 360 doesn't have the kind of power needed for a 256 player FPS game, especially not with these graphics. But I am definitely going to buy this...December 31st 2009.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
Darkserge
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Nice video but where is gameplay?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

I really hope its not first person but over-the-shoulder gameplay. FPSs on consoles suck, I don't see how people can aim with an analog stick unless there's an aim assist feature.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie
Yet again, it comes down to technological limitations. The 360 doesn't have the kind of power needed for a 256 player FPS game, especially not with these graphics. But I am definitely going to buy this...December 31st 2009.
Idk, didn't they release a shooting game a few months ago with support for like 50-100 players? I can't remember the name of it, but i remember seeing net ads, and tv commercials all the time for it. From what i heard it ran really well too, so i don't think they're all that limited with technology. After all, i had an ancient PC running games like Lineage 2 and i did castle raids (Insane amount of people) without TOO much issue. So i think technology will go a lot further than people expect.

I don't play action games though... I'm a pretty strict RPG / puzzle gamer. I don't see the fun in action games... People say RPG's are boring, but i'd rather have to be strategic in my moves than mash the same buttons over and over again while playing a shooter / slasher.

Just my 2 cents. I believe if Microsoft wants to make a game like this, theyre totally capable of doing it. After all, they have how many MMO's? And how many does playstation have?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #13
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Could be interesting, if they do it right. However, at my first glance at the news, what ran thru my head was "oh, they're making the first massively-multiplayer FPS clusterfuck."

As someone who plays FFXI and is on one of the severs where every Campaign territory is under Beastman control except the cities, I'm rather jaded when it comes to thinking that any large number of people could be relied on to accomplish anything as an entity, no matter how many "organized units" they're grouped into. And that's not even taking into account your average online FPS player's general personality and attitude....
Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #14
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taris
Could be interesting, if they do it right. However, at my first glance at the news, what ran thru my head was "oh, they're making the first massively-multiplayer FPS clusterfuck."

As someone who plays FFXI and is on one of the severs where every Campaign territory is under Beastman control except the cities, I'm rather jaded when it comes to thinking that any large number of people could be relied on to accomplish anything as an entity, no matter how many "organized units" they're grouped into. And that's not even taking into account your average online FPS player's general personality and attitude....
Well judging by what the video said, you do more "working-together" with an 8-man squad. You're supposed to fight with your squad leader as a tactical adviser and everything... so you won't be relying on 100 sum-odd people working together, just gotta focus on 7 others.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions