Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pothole, Oregon
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Fraps question

not exactly sure if this goes here, anyways I just downloaded Fraps and Im trying to make a video for a friend of mine of the ZM14 fight (were doing tomorrow) well I started playing around with the Fraps but it only records for 30 seconds then shuts off does anyone know how to fix this?
havokx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Jcat
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 632
Thanks: 509
Thanked 96 Times in 32 Posts

Default Re: Fraps question

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
not exactly sure if this goes here, anyways I just downloaded Fraps and Im trying to make a video for a friend of mine of the ZM14 fight (were doing tomorrow) well I started playing around with the Fraps but it only records for 30 seconds then shuts off does anyone know how to fix this?
Do you have the demo version, or a hacked/legit copy of fraps? The demo kinda blows, and I hope your system can handle it. My last computer saw some huge slowdown when I made a fraps video.
Jcat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pothole, Oregon
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

hmm didnt notice there was a demo version, i got it directly from the website a long time ago so im assuming its a demo version that restricts recording duration, oh well

yeah my comp runs fine when im running fraps i dont see any slowdown at all, guess ill look for a full version, thanks much for a reply
havokx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
hmm didnt notice there was a demo version, i got it directly from the website a long time ago so im assuming its a demo version that restricts recording duration, oh well

yeah my comp runs fine when im running fraps i dont see any slowdown at all, guess ill look for a full version, thanks much for a reply
Just don't do anything illegal!

With that being said... I'm pretty sure you can download pirated versions off Limewire. My friend sent me the program over msn, and he said he got it from Limewire a while back.

I'm paranoid, and don't usually download anything like limewire. I don't wanna be arrested!
Lalana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pothole, Oregon
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

ok got my legit complete version of fraps, one other question, what program should i use to compress these behemoth files :shock: i recorded like 1 min and it came out almost a gig and a half .... help here greatly appreciated
havokx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quetzalcoatl
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

Default

Just convert then into .flvs or something. You can prolly find something out there to do it using google.
Ferris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 AM   #7
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
ok got my legit complete version of fraps, one other question, what program should i use to compress these behemoth files :shock: i recorded like 1 min and it came out almost a gig and a half .... help here greatly appreciated
Whoa... that's a big file o.o Mine were never like that.
Lalana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
havokx
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pothole, Oregon
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalana
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokx
ok got my legit complete version of fraps, one other question, what program should i use to compress these behemoth files :shock: i recorded like 1 min and it came out almost a gig and a half .... help here greatly appreciated
Whoa... that's a big file o.o Mine were never like that.
lol yeah these files are huge
havokx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

design by: Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
punch-dnaAll company, product, system names and/or company logos and marks are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. If you are the copyright holder of any material found on this site and believe it has been used unfairly please contact one of the forum administrators.