Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 09-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Linner
Forum Member

Default Challange

i saw this pic and thought what if were possibe to change the casting animation so you flote up in the air wile your casting like in the pic. So is it possible or too much of a challange?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6154_836.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	2733  
Old 09-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I'm sure it would be possible, but yeah, pretty hard since very few people know how to make custom motions. That is a really cool idea tho. 8)
Old 09-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I was thinking of doing something like that for Tarutarus, except along the lines of constantly floating. I know how to do it, but it would really be a pain in the ass...
Old 09-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #4
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryguy
I was thinking of doing something like that for Tarutarus, except along the lines of constantly floating. I know how to do it, but it would really be a pain in the ass...
Think just taking AA taru's "floating" motions for idle, attack, magic, moving, running would do it....

wonder how a mithra would appear doing all that... with the skirt soorta .. flying... O_o
Old 09-13-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
That's crazy, I had the same exact idea of making tarus fly. :shock:
Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Mysteryguy wrote:

Think just taking AA taru's "floating" motions for idle, attack, magic, moving, running would do it....

wonder how a mithra would appear doing all that... with the skirt soorta .. flying... O_o
Time to make me some mithra flying dats
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Well the flying is all there, although probably need to be lowered or your mithra's upper body/head going to go through some ceilings/doors :P

No idea how to port motions cross race and make it work so.... I leave that up to whoever :P
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #8
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
Well the flying is all there, although probably need to be lowered or your mithra's upper body/head going to go through some ceilings/doors :P

No idea how to port motions cross race and make it work so.... I leave that up to whoever :P
Think I can do that, It's just knowing the right skeleton equivalent location for each and copying it over skeleton set by skeleton set. Only be a few 100 copies per motion. :twitch:
Old 09-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:

Think I can do that, It's just knowing the right skeleton equivalent location for each and copying it over skeleton set by skeleton set. Only be a few 100 copies per motion. :twitch:
That could... take a very very long time >.>

100+ copies of, walking,idle,casting,attacking,running ... O_o

Although having a pose as that mithra has would be pretty sexy :P
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Quote:

You sure like to pile on the projects, Hadrubient. You should probably finish your 18+ npc set before starting up something new that is this big. :P
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #11
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:
Quote:

You sure like to pile on the projects, Hadrubient. You should probably finish your 18+ npc set before starting up something new that is this big. :P
Lol, didn't say I was going too. Only said I think I can, probably something to place in the motion plan stuff which a ways away still.

Then again maybe I do like piling on projects, while I was surfing the internet I'm also running like some 20 programs and automations I built to do my job. Not sure how good a bragging right it is but all my automations I've created enables me to do the work of about 6 people now (at least it's doing it better then the 6 people they replaced, accuracy they produce has been about 93% the people doing it before was getting only 55% accuracy). >.>
Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, didn't say I was going too. Only said I think I can, probably something to place in the motion plan stuff which a ways away still.
haha, I think... maaaybe I'll go poke around see about custom emotes, but I doubt I'd get something animated like the guy on xoops doing, most likely something static :P
Old 09-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #13
Mysteryguy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The movement thing actually isnt very hard, its just really time consuming...
Old 09-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Is there a guide or is it simple loading up a "current" motion.. and having both 'select skeleton+motion" and hoping whatever skeleton # your moving is a part you actually want to rotate?... ^^;;;;;

*Wonders if anyones mapped out what skeleton # belongs to what part*
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #15
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Is there a guide or is it simple loading up a "current" motion.. and having both 'select skeleton+motion" and hoping whatever skeleton # your moving is a part you actually want to rotate?... ^^;;;;;

*Wonders if anyones mapped out what skeleton # belongs to what part*
I've got:

Hume Female PC/NPC (Mapped)
Verena (Mapped)
Cornelia (Mapped)
Ladies (Mapped)
Dawnmaidens (Mapped)
Lion (Mapped)
Mithra PC/NPC (Mapped)
Evlaan PC/NPC (To Do)

That's at least the ones that I got going along the route with the stuff I've been creating.

Quote:
Time consuming, but then all depends on how you do it. Frame by frame or if you know how to create the motion getting multiple frames at once, still takes some time but one method is a hell of a lot faster.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #16
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I'm surprised nobody has thought of this yet, but there is a "coordinate" function in VRS where you can easily move the entire mesh any direction. Now I don't know enough about VRS to know how to move skeleton pieces around for emotes, but I'm wondering if the coordinate box would work with the skeletons as well as it does with meshes.

Hadrubient, can you release all of the skeleton indexes for HF and MT in a notepad .txt format so everyone can benefit from the knowledge? Also, when you get EF mapped, can you upload that too?

I did index the HF skeleton parts, but its incomplete because I didn't know what any of those last pieces did. I'm guessing they are for different types of weapons, shields, and so on. Started indexing the EF skeleton, but I never finished.

Also, if people think indexing the skeletons is tough, imagine trying to index all of the motions. Sweet hell, I tried that, and after motion #100 in the Mithra .dat I decided to let someone else finish them.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
Linner
Forum Member

heh it would be cool to float all the time too. lol
Old 09-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #18
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrick
I'm surprised nobody has thought of this yet, but there is a "coordinate" function in VRS where you can easily move the entire mesh any direction. Now I don't know enough about VRS to know how to move skeleton pieces around for emotes, but I'm wondering if the coordinate box would work with the skeletons as well as it does with meshes.

Hadrubient, can you release all of the skeleton indexes for HF and MT in a notepad .txt format so everyone can benefit from the knowledge? Also, when you get EF mapped, can you upload that too?

I did index the HF skeleton parts, but its incomplete because I didn't know what any of those last pieces did. I'm guessing they are for different types of weapons, shields, and so on. Started indexing the EF skeleton, but I never finished.

Also, if people think indexing the skeletons is tough, imagine trying to index all of the motions. Sweet hell, I tried that, and after motion #100 in the Mithra .dat I decided to let someone else finish them.
Well the cordinate box will move skeletons yes, but you still have to know how to capture that then to add it as a frame for your motion.

I can release them, not a 100% mapping though. There are some hand skeletons I can't find effecting anything and I didn't map the ranged weapon skeletons but I know the general area of were they are.

I had planned to release them as I stated in the NPC 18+ area. Guess it's just a matter if people wanted to wait for it or not. :P
Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Well
I never knew of the "combo" thing :P

I jsut laoded every skeleton, select a motion and then slide bars... although its super insane CPU intensive, it moves things all 90? skeletons at once to a motion lengh I want ^^;

As linner mentioned, having all the taru AA emotes for flying.. would keep you flying almsot all the time till you rest, used an item or something which case you'd jsut to the ground instantly and go ito a pose... I belive other emotes will do the same :P

As for wenrick

I've mapped out alot Mithra motions, mostly the ones that are unique from NPC's. I still havne't found the "NPC only special emotes" yet, but I think I know someone that has and going ask them if they got info on that.

As for Hadrubient, when he release sinfo on the skeletons n what they contrl, I may try to make that sit emote from the pic I posted :P
Old 09-14-2006, 12:10 AM   #20
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Well
I never knew of the "combo" thing :P

I jsut laoded every skeleton, select a motion and then slide bars... although its super insane CPU intensive, it moves things all 90? skeletons at once to a motion lengh I want ^^;

As linner mentioned, having all the taru AA emotes for flying.. would keep you flying almsot all the time till you rest, used an item or something which case you'd jsut to the ground instantly and go ito a pose... I belive other emotes will do the same :P

As for wenrick

I've mapped out alot Mithra motions, mostly the ones that are unique from NPC's. I still havne't found the "NPC only special emotes" yet, but I think I know someone that has and going ask them if they got info on that.

As for Hadrubient, when he release sinfo on the skeletons n what they contrl, I may try to make that sit emote from the pic I posted :P
lol, alright guess I should speed up the process of getting that info out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section