Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Default The Random Spamtacular Thread

Originally this was a gaming news thread, but now its just random. Post anything you want to share but don't think its worth a separate thread. Website Links, Pictures and Videos are welcome but short winded, three word post are not. Have fun. :)

Nintendo's Apology for their garbage E3 Press Conference.
How considerate, looks like they do care. A little.

MGS4 12/12/08 Event scheduled to reveal the 'true' ending.
Six months have passed, will we find out Snakes ultimate fate?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Wait... what?!?

That wasn't the final end of MGS4?

... wtf?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

I thought the Nintnedo article was kinda funny.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Well, that actually sounds like a pretty nice idea for the ending of MGS4 if Kojima's doing what I think he's doing *Current Ending SPOILER*

At the end of the game how Big Boss tells Snake to live and then there's that little bit at the end between Snake and Otacon, I think the 'new ending' is supposed to be that we get to see the end of Snakes life in six months time, and it's actually a nice idea I think; actually waiting six months to see the end of his life as opposed to a little white screen that says 'Six Months Later'.

END SPOILERS
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Well, Naomi did tell him he had six months. >.>

This Just In: The Real Console War is in Africa. Sony's success of the Playstation 2 has caused a domestic war in Africa over a rare metal used to manufacture many western electronic devices.
I want to laugh but I know I'll go to hell.. Oh WTF I'm going to hell anyway, this is hilarious. When I first saw the title I thought 'Oh look, primitive African tribes are fighting over who gets the Playstation..'
Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Could be worse.

They could have used Watermelonium to make the PS2 and 3 but Nintendo had that covered and apparently the supplies of Friedchickenanium have been claimed by Microsoft.

(If I believed in hell I'd be going there for that.)
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

...I wouldn't put it past Kojima and Co. to use said date and announce....

...the special Substance/Subsistance/Whatever word they'll use for THIS...."director's cut".

Yup, I'm betting on them announcing a special edition of MGS4, with new stuff, mini-missions, and all the usual goodies....

And "the new ending shows the final fate of Solid Snake".

I wouldn't put it past them. At all. >.> <.<

Oh yah, and the announcement of the development of MGS5.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

If they announce an MGS5 I'll lose all faith in Konami. Maybe a new game within the same setting/gameplay would be fine but, if they continue the storyline of the Metal Gear Solid Saga, I'd be as sad as when Alien Resurrection or Terminator 3 came out.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Taris
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizia
If they announce an MGS5 I'll lose all faith in Konami. Maybe a new game within the same setting/gameplay would be fine but, if they continue the storyline of the Metal Gear Solid Saga, I'd be as sad as when Alien Resurrection or Terminator 3 came out.
Could have sworn that the idea was already floated out there. Something about maybe a (nother) prequel story, to "further explore the backstory of the MGS series. Or am I imagining things?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Epic MMORPG coming out for PC [Likely PS3 Also] called Blade & Soul. Best thing about it is the character designs are done by Hyung-tae Kim, the guy who did Magna Carta and War of Genesis. Can you guys fathom how WIN this will be? The gameplay, graphics and music look/sound just as awesome as Kim's boobalicious girls
Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

That looks pretty cool, however why do I have a feeling it'll be a piece of crap?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Maybe because its being made by NCSoft, their MMORPGs are garbage but this one has potential.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Meh, I don't know much about MMO companies. All I really know is when MMOs focus on making a game look good graphicwise, they fuck up on the gameplay and shit.

Look how well done AoC looked when we got previews, and then when it came out many people said it was garbage.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
Epic MMORPG coming out for PC [Likely PS3 Also] called Blade & Soul. Best thing about it is the character designs are done by Hyung-tae Kim, the guy who did Magna Carta and War of Genesis. Can you guys fathom how WIN this will be? The gameplay, graphics and music look/sound just as awesome as Kim's boobalicious girls
Looks great graphic wise... I just wish there was a game where female armor was as cool as male armor. Honestly... FFXI is the closest there is to a non-slutty female character you can play on an MMO...

But that aside, the crazy psychic girl... I honestly felt bad when that huge guy was beating the hell out of her, but i smirked when she threw him off and summoned all those flying blades to cut him up.

I doubt i'd like this game at all though, the battle system seems too much like Fable, combined with the old fighting games like mortal kombat... Wouldn't like either one.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
Frappuccino42
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hyung-tae Kim is my single favorite artist ever.

In MGS4 there were two things that surprised me (spoiler, I guess):

1. You don't get to use the H.F. Blade.

2. Act 3 Briefing led you to believe you were going to get to play as Raiden, but then the poor guy passes out from kidney failure.

MGS5:Sunny of the Patriots - Rose has once again left Raiden for his brooding bullshit and remarried Colonel Campbell. Raiden, in his ninja wrath and emo-grade super strength, set out on a final mission to take out ol' Roy and his vast army of U.N. secretaries and volunteers. This leads to a final epic battle in which we learn that Campbell is really artificial after all!

Meanwhile, Otacon is shown at the dinner table at an undisclosed resort location contemplating suicide as Snake tells the same war story for the 50th time. Unable to take anymore, Hal Emmerich sets out to find the AWOL Sunny who just happens to be in an African nation in the middle of a war over PS2's. After hours of nerdy sneaking missions and awkward combat, you'll find her in a bunker - building a new Metal Gear! Turns out Sunny as an AI, too! Way to fuck with us, Hideo!

For the final fight with Sunny, every single Metal Gear character remaining alive shows up including Old Snake (now on the wheelchair with built-in toilet) to take on the monstrocity. At the last moment, Metal Gear SUN explodes taking out absolutely everyone and ending the series for good.

6 months have passed....

Oops! Hideo forgot to kill Raiden's kid! Time for MGS6!

"Did you rike it?"
Old 08-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #16
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

This just in, Square Enix descends to a new level of fail. Final Fantasy 13 Demo announced for March 2009.. I guess this means we won't be getting it this Christmas like everyone thought. How the fuck do you announce a demo 9 months in advance? OMG the suspense of a release date is killing me. :roll:
Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #17
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

This just in yesturday, New Real Life Lara Croft revealed. Good God she's gorgeous. :shock:
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
This just in yesturday, New Real Life Lara Croft revealed. Good God she's gorgeous. :shock:
She's better looking than Angelina Jolie at least... God it was awful seeing that ugly woman in those movies lol. I'll never understand why hollywood is so head-over-heels for her.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #19
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Don't know why I didn't post it here first, but an Age of Conan GM got fired for having cybersex with a player in the game.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #20
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Which is amazing as hell to me. With 3 months of playing it I never saw nor heard of 1 damn GM in the game. :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum