Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Default Soul Caliber 4

So... who here thinks it might actually redeem the Soul Caliber name after the horror that was Soul Caliber 3?

I sure as hell hope so. I need a fighting game people will actually challenge me at. (With Online play no less, which is even better.)
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Horror that was Soulcalibur 3? I actually enjoyed it o.o then again most of what I did was play against my homestay student which I could've done on SC2 anyways, pity he's not here anymore, only human that I know who plays in Adelaide is my brother, and my God he sucks at the game x.x (I can literally beat him blindfolded >.>) I am looking forward to getting it though, prolly will end up getting it next week though, don't have the money at the moment to get it when it comes out, got other things higher on my list of priorities, i.e. tailor made Joker costume o.o
Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Well I could only play SC3 with it's SP modes which, frankly, SUCKED. My brother and all his friends refused to play me if I ever chose Nightmare, Siegfried, or... that... Iai girl in the ugly ass Kimono, I forget her name. Fighting against the insanely cheap AI is only so amusing for so long. I'm hoping the Online do for me what it does for me on Brawl, finally give me people to beat up and, usually, destroy.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Ah; yea I've never found AI in any fighting game to be particularly challenging/fun, but my homestay student was a lot of fun to play against, he was actually a heck of a lot better than myself, but we did spend countless hours playing with me trying to get better, which I did, and then he used different characters that he was better with x.x; And yea, hopefully the online is good, and that it's not region locked like MGO, the really stupid thing with MGO though is that Europe/Australia/New Zealand are all lumped together >.>; which really sucks because Survival matches are on at 2am x.x;
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I hope so.

And yeah, my brother and his friends wouldn't "keep playing me to get better", they'd lose to Nightmare/Siegfried a few times, throw the controller down, curse me out, then leave in a huff. (They're all at least 2-3 years+ older then me)
Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

lol, my brothers worse, he's about 4.5 years older than me, although he does try to get better but he fails miserably. For one thing he won't actually notice/recall any of my tactics, with Nightmare I can give him a 200% handicap and all I have to do is use Helm Splitter (Up + Vertical Attack) over and over, he's finished. I remember once though I had to go to my schools musical production since I had friends that of course would insist that I be there (I really didn't feel like going to go see a school production of Annie >.>), but while I was gone our homestay student (Malaysian guy about 2 years older than me) tried training my brother for about two hours on specifically how to beat Nightmare while I was gone. I get back home, find out about this, I'm hopeful, my brother actually beats me once with some move I'm not familiar with (one of the custom characters that uses the Katana, runs along the ground with it and pushes you over), however next turn I remember what he's done, block, and then proceed to beat the crap out of him, a few more matches and yea, he didn't have much to show for it x.x; and my homestay student gave up on him after that lol
Old 07-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Insane
what
Forum Member

Star Calibur will be buying it npnp
Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Heh, only tactic I recall that would always work... was I'd let him push me into a corner of a Ring-out stage and... well I'm sure you know what I'd do after that. :P
Old 07-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Mmm, lol I actually remember with my homestay student at first while I was still getting used to him using Raphael (i.e. me trying to figure out not how to get my ass handed to me), everytime we got to the last round (we set the game for 9 round matches usually >.>) and I saw I had no real chance of winning, I'd go run off the side to kill myself, it really pissed him off after a while >.>; lol
Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I gotta say... Hilde looks like a very, very promising new character in the line-up.

Then again I'm a huge fan of women who kick ass in armor. :\
Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #11
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Indeed, also wonder if Amy will be any good/significantly different from Raphael, I'm a huge fan of lolita-ish dresses >.>;
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #12
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Which one is that? Only new character I know by name, aside from the Star Wars guys, is... Hilde. :p
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

That little girl Raphael picked up in his storyline, she was one of those 'Guest Characters' in SC3 but didn't have any major move sets, just had the 'rapier' moveset that the other custom characters could have. Here's her Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_%28Soul_Calibur%29
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #14
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Neat-o. They'll probably similar, like Nightmare and Siegfried were in SC 3, would be my guess.

And not just Gothic Lolita... but a Gothic Lolita Vampire! :O
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

You know it does seem a tad bit unfair for Darth Vader to be fighting against all these guys, I mean, swords vs lightsabre? Really would be nice though if Vader could use Soul Edge, that'd be interesting to see XD
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #16
Insane
what
Forum Member

Busty Ivy = win
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

What about Yoda and the Apprentice? No sort of "Hey! No fair!' for them? :P
Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Well, I dunno much about The Apprentice, but Yoda is well... a tiny green puppet XD True the lightsaber is still the same and all but I think if I were one of the Soulcalibur characters, my reaction would be:
Vader: What I've got to fight that?!
Yoda: ... what in God's name is that thing?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

In a fighting game... I prefer women more realistically proportioned because let's face it... it'd be PRETTY damn hard to fight with sharp, pointy objects with two, heavy, swingy, blobs of extra weight on your chest. :P

Which is my Hilde has my heart, ATM. :wink:
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
greedisgood
Regular Forum User
Death Skull

yoda on 360, you cant use a throw move on cuz hes too short
his attack dont deal a lot of dmg like normal chars
he cant use throw on you either :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions