Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Back to the basics

So I was fooling around in the ffxi section when I came across this picture. I tried making my very first mod after nin chainmain drawn like this and well... It turned out to be like the great pumpkin. Needless to say I tried again and got much better results. The only thing that I dont like is the top. In this drawing its basically just the no armor dat file. Anyone have and suggestions/pics/dats that I could combine? Im looking for the still "risque" look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	peak_a_boo_173.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24982   Click image for larger version

Name:	izon_99_463.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	24983  
Old 08-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
ChibiKrillin
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I don't post much and have been checking on this dat since you posted these screenshots. This is really well done. I don't have any suggestions but I would like to see this on my mithra :)
Old 08-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Thanks, Im almost done with it, the bra is still a little choppy in some parts, and for some reason the mod looks a lot more orange in game. I dont know why this happens Ill have to bug someone that knows a lot more about dats then me. That and setting those dang rings weight. I think I messed up and set them to the body instead of a seperate entity and I really dont want to start over from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	untitled_757.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	25240  
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Possibly you had some color bleed from the fishnet or the color you started off with for skin tone wasn't quite right. Looking at your MV pics it looks like it is the latter. Looks like a good dat so far though.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat
Possibly you had some color bleed from the fishnet or the color you started off with for skin tone wasn't quite right. Looking at your MV pics it looks like it is the latter. Looks like a good dat so far though.
Really? Ok so Im really confused now. Like I said it looks just fine in Model Viewer. The base as supposed to have tan lines and it model viewer it looks like its supposed to but in game its way orange. Ill post a pic of the original, but I cant give a in game at the moment thanks to the update.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hq_naked_body_102.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	25333  
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

MV doesn't have the ambient light effects of ingame which is why alot of the color offsets aren't seen, downside to MV. Much like AV has issues showing HQ textures. The only thing I can think of causing the issue is that in the process of adding the fishnet you had some bleed or you possibly changed the hue/saturation without realizing it. Trying to give it a fishnet-hose effect and instead causing a orange tint.

One thing I've learned from doing texture changes is you have to constantly import it back in game and compare as you continue on. If you do too much work at a time the end product will usually tend to be way off. I usually save several different stages so I can at least revert to an earlier stage that didn't have the problem. Might be something you'll want to try from now on.

Edit: Also, looking at your original and your WIP it looks like you have a color bleed problem. What program are you using to edit the texture in? Gimp, Adobe, etc.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Kazander
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

im goign throuigh an looking at all the mods possible for mithra. this is nice was it ever posted

wanted to make a request for this mod please.
a strap across the nipples under the fishnet would be nice to see

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats