Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default pokemon

I keep making a new thread for every pokemon, so i might as well just start one labeled pokemon and throw it in here. I'd rather not spam Gulkeeva's lovely topic list. oh yeah all my stuff is on ffxidats.com as well.
You can also just goto my filefront page: pretty sure this is the right link
http://hosted.filefront.com/buddyleviathon/
I made Zubat :)

http://files.filefront.com/ZubatDAT/.../fileinfo.html[/url]
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Lol geeze, you sure make a lot really quickly!
Nicely done.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

kinda like a pokeball.. >.>
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

speaking of which..
http://files.filefront.com/PokeballD.../fileinfo.html
Old 07-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
Hellgod
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagi
Now if only you could find a way to incorperate the pokeball into the summoing magic animations. Then it'd really look like you'll pulling out a pokemon. By the way you're well on your way to becoming the very first ffxi pokemon master.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #6
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

well actually, i do know how youd do it kinda. just swap the summoning animations with the throwing animations, its prolly pc specific and would be something youd have to do to your character separately. and youd have to set the pokeball as a throwing item that shows a model.. like the lvl 70 all job returning chakrams.. its funny, i use chakram to pull on bard and sometimes with my equipment macros i throw the chakram when singing or my throwing macro shows me singing.. just because while the server may know im doing one action, my client hasnt been told to show the correct animation yet. lag ftl..
Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 AM   #7
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

lol a pokeball ranged weapon... The monster is too powerful to catch!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 AM   #8
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

haha yeah, especially if you use it to replace the lvl70ish chakrams with their 1dmg pwnage. soon as i figure out which one the trollbane is, im sooo swapping it.. trollbane, greatest brd pulling tool evah!
Oh btw, Parasect is done. :)

http://files.filefront.com/ParasectD.../fileinfo.html
Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 AM   #9
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

How the heck do you make so many so fast? Are you doing anything besides .dat modding? xD
Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 AM   #10
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I guess Lagi loves Pokemon almost as much as you love hitting the add reply button Lalana.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre
I guess Lagi loves Pokemon almost as much as you love hitting the add reply button Lalana.
:lol:
Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

yeah... i havent been getting many hours at work lately and well, when i pick something up i typically go all out. Alot of this stuff is easy though considering i already have some experience with 3d modeling software. it was mainly just the learning curve with all the shitty programs you have to use to make these mods that was really giving me the trouble. Still cant figure out how to recalculate the shadow burn-in on the models and thats why some of the models have odd lighting or look weird when they shouldnt. Like wobbuffet with the butt face, or charizard with the weird shadow on the side of his face, but no shadows to show the face contours. theres gotta be some way to do that, or if its not possible, thats nice to know too so i can plan ahead when building.
They may not use the shadow burn like in the torque engine, but i'm pretty sure they do use something along those lines after modding all these models. its very obvious what used to be something even though its completely removed and joined to the main object. >.> Thats why my squirtle looks retarded and i wont share it, of course its on my filefront but id suggest against getting it unless you know how to fix shadows and wanna help. <.<
Another modder told me they used a form of "true-light" for shadows and the contours would determine the shadows completely, but while there is some aditional environmental shading on the models, it also has a burned in shadow, i cant think of any other explanation for it. Hell, ive even tested it on a perfectly flat section that used to be something like an eye or hairpiece and yeah.... shadows still there. also why my voltorb and electrode look flat even though theyre perfect sphere primitives.. pokeball was a shuriken so half of it has a big shadow across it..
With the pankration camera, is there any actual camera model that you see the character pull out? if not, nothing you can do, and from what i understand you cant modify effects, only models animation and textures. if its the item use animation, can prolly swap that with the throwing animation and set no ranged equipment as the pokeball, maybe that would work. idk im not doing it, tmw for a maybe. lol
Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

About the "lighting".. it has something to do with normals.. or so I'm told... I have no experience what-so-ever with it, but I know Mooshy over at FFXIdats.com does, and i'm sure a few others around here (that have fair knowledge of custom meshed creations) could be of assistance.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

yeah, i know what normals are, but you cant modify them in metaseq or it gets all buggy and i havent seen much explanation as far as how to modify them on VRS.
Polygons only have 1 side for collisions and textures and whatnot.. normals refer to the direction the polygon is actually facing. thats why if you ever set it to draw normals, it shows arrows (supposed to be arrows coming from the face, not a vertex, but i think vrs draws em from the verticies for some stupid reason). it could very well be a normals issue though and i didnt really consider that, but it might be a little more than just that. check out my squirtle if you wanna see the problem lolz... its on the filefront page, but im not posting a link to it directly on any site except the 1 help forum i did post it on in ffxidats cause its kinda yeah..
Old 07-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #15
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre
I've only hit the add reply button like 2 or 3 times. I usually press quote on the last post, and delete the text ;)

Also, I know for a fact artists of all kinds love any sort of feedback on their work. Me leaving a reply to all of the dat's Lagi has made is my way of showing appreciation.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #16
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yeah and i definitely appreciate it. :D
And well, all the pokemon games are really about celebrating diversity in animal life and appreciating each individual animal for its unique traits. so it really goes well with me considering i have a BS in Zoology. lol
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
Lagi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Its just way too awesome...

http://files.filefront.com/GyaradosD.../fileinfo.html
Yes it works perfectly as Leviathan 1-97-70.
The npc leviathan was actually used as the model so hes friggin huge.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Lol, nice! You finally made it :D
Huge summons ftw xD
Old 08-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Botreie
Proud Pervert
Forum Member

Quote:

the only thing i dont like about these pokemon DATs are they look to flat, i mean, you did an AMAZING job with them, but mixing in these colors with the more, realisticly colored FF world, is kinda wierd to me, also, does it look that jagged in game? or is that because of the summons glow?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botreie
Quote:

the only thing i dont like about these pokemon DATs are they look to flat, i mean, you did an AMAZING job with them, but mixing in these colors with the more, realisticly colored FF world, is kinda wierd to me, also, does it look that jagged in game? or is that because of the summons glow?
I believe they're supposed to LOOK like pokemon. They wouldn't look like them if you gave them realistic textures.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc