aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

Default 360's upcoming RPG awesomeness

8/26/2008 - Tales of Vesperia
9/1/2008 - Infinite Undiscovery
11/20/2008 - The Last Remnant
Spring 2009 - Star Ocean 4

if they keep this up, I just might start loving my 360 more than my PS2.
now if only bandai namco would release [email protected] stateside... >.>
Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Wow, i think the only one i've heard of is Star Ocean lol, and i'm not even sure if i have or not. The name sounds vaguely familiar. Are any of these classic RPG's, or are they the modern-day action-rpg BS?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

well, tales and star ocean have been around since SNES era, so they're really classic ARPGs. >.>

Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are a little different...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenraine
well, tales and star ocean have been around since SNES era, so they're really classic ARPGs. >.>

Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are a little different...
Different how so?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You fail for not mentioning Fable 2 and Fallout 3............ (Jk about the fail part) but you really should have mention them, seeing that their two sequals of the most awesomeness RPG's ever made, and Sequals.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuri
You fail for not mentioning Fable 2 and Fallout 3............ (Jk about the fail part) but you really should have mention them, seeing that their two sequals of the most awesomeness RPG's ever made, and Sequals.
Lol i've played fable... It was fun. I kicked chickens for hours.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

Infinite Undiscovery does have an action combat system, but missions require strategy and timing just as much as they require combat. the situations can change depending on various stimuli, and you have to be alert in order to be successful.

The Last Remnant, they haven't really revealed much about turn based/action based combat system, but the combat focuses more on large scale stretegic battles than small single battles.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

[Suppressing Urge to Mention RROD]
360 users have a lot to look forward to.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

I've yet to have an RROD yet.. >.> *crosses fingers*

oh, and...
Quote:
I only listed those I knew about and/or cared about >.>
if you wanna add stuff to the list, you can =P
Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Heh, I care more about PS3 RPGs because my 360 got it's RROD out of it's warranty, I got the elite, and they refused to replace it. Fuck them.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

PS3 RPGs... hm.. let's see... well.. um... there's valkyria chronicles... oh, and FFVII parts 6 and 7 (FFXIII and vsXIII)... oh, and fallout 3 is coming out for PS3 too.. other than that, pretty much SOL....
Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenraine
I've yet to have an RROD yet.. >.> *crosses fingers*

oh, and...
Quote:
I only listed those I knew about and/or cared about >.>
if you wanna add stuff to the list, you can =P
oNly interested in Jap RPGs? lol thats fine *cough*clicheRPGs*cough*

but Fable 2 and Fallout3 are dominating in the Hype Fight.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Shantotto
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

They will also be dominating the suck fight. :P

I really liked Peter Molyneuxs games (Dungeon Keeper for example was brilliant), but listening to him talking about Fable 2... I get this nagging suspicion that the man is quite insane. Even moreso when he's talking about the so called innovative one-button combat. Simplicity is not always a good thing (I'd argue that it's rarely a good thing in RPGs).

And Fallout 3 looks like a post-apoc version of Oblivion. Great if you like Oblivion obviously, but it's oh-so-far from the original games.

I must admit I've not been following the jRPG scene for a really long time though. A lot of development for RPGs (and this is in regards to both western and asian RPGs) is going in a direction I don't really care for, making cinematics/pretty graphics and uberheavy stories (to the point where it's more like movies) really overpowering to the point where it hurts the gameplay. So I just lost interest a few years back (and turned my eyes on smaller budget computer games). Think I'd look up the state of jRPGs though if I had a console.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #14
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantotto

I really liked Peter Molyneuxs games (Dungeon Keeper for example was brilliant), but listening to him talking about Fable 2... I get this nagging suspicion that the man is quite insane. Even moreso when he's talking about the so called innovative one-button combat. Simplicity is not always a good thing (I'd argue that it's rarely a good thing in RPGs).

And Fallout 3 looks like a post-apoc version of Oblivion. Great if you like Oblivion obviously, but it's oh-so-far from the original games.

I must admit I've not been following the jRPG scene for a really long time though. A lot of development for RPGs (and this is in regards to both western and asian RPGs) is going in a direction I don't really care for, making cinematics/pretty graphics and uberheavy stories (to the point where it's more like movies) really overpowering to the point where it hurts the gameplay. So I just lost interest a few years back (and turned my eyes on smaller budget computer games). Think I'd look up the state of jRPGs though if I had a console.
Fallout3 is better than nothing, The Original Company that made it disbanded. if it wasn't for the Elder Scrolls Company, Fallout would be dead..

Except for the MMORPG thats in the making.

Jap RPG's annoy me so much at times, with their constant Overrated sexy female characters that wear almost nothing.

Yea of course some dork is gonna say "is there something wrong with that?" Yes... there is... ITS STUPID!

you want tits hanging out in a game, go Play Sexy Beach or some Hentai game.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #15
aidenraine
Taru Eater
Forum Member

Quote:
Jap RPG's annoy me so much at times, with their constant Overrated sexy female characters that wear almost nothing.

Yea of course some dork is gonna say "is there something wrong with that?" Yes... there is... ITS STUPID!

never played tales or star ocean? sure they have nice looking female characters, but the game's far from T&A material. well, with the exception of sheena in Tales of Symphonia.. but that's 1 character in 11 games >.>
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantotto

Fallout3 is better than nothing, The Original Company that made it disbanded. if it wasn't for the Elder Scrolls Company, Fallout would be dead..

Except for the MMORPG thats in the making.

A guy who agrees! That's rare :P
I hate anything that's considered 'armor' that has almost every vital spot exposed.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Rule of female AC (armor) in video games. The higher the AC (better the armor) the more it reveals. It's simple RPG logic. :P

(Honestly I'd also prefer a female in functional armor kicking ass rather then a woman in a bikini doing the same. Makes a LOT more sense since that bikini girl would be split in half in any real battle.)

BTW PS3 is getting Valkyria Chronicles, Last Remnant, Fallout 3, The Final Fantasies, Dragon Age, Disgaea 3, and probably some more I can't think of ATM. :P
Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #18
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
Rule of female AC (armor) in video games. The higher the AC (better the armor) the more it reveals. It's simple RPG logic. :P

(Honestly I'd also prefer a female in functional armor kicking ass rather then a woman in a bikini doing the same. Makes a LOT more sense since that bikini girl would be split in half in any real battle.)

BTW PS3 is getting Valkyria Chronicles, Last Remnant, Fallout 3, The Final Fantasies, Dragon Age, Disgaea 3, and probably some more I can't think of ATM. :P
But, it's an age-old fact that sex sells... So as long as they're marketing hormone-driven teen agers and the 20-29 demographics, there will be a lot of this. It's sad but true.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I know. :\ And as a horny as hell, 23 year old sexually deprived male... I would much rather see a woman in a full suit of armor in a battlefield since it'd make sense for her to be there then some girl with every vital spot and organ exposed in a chainmail bikini and a 2 handed sword the size of HER.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #20
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
I know. :\ And as a horny as hell, 23 year old sexually deprived male... I would much rather see a woman in a full suit of armor in a battlefield since it'd make sense for her to be there then some girl with every vital spot and organ exposed in a chainmail bikini and a 2 handed sword the size of HER.
Yea, she can support a 100 lbs sword, and swing it around like nothing, but when it comes to plate mail, less is better.

But i guess it's better that it's not completely realistic... Cuz then the women wouldn't even be on the battlefield. Not even today, in the United States, can a woman serve a role in the armed forces that is readily thrown into combatant situations.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions